• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

bud23

Real Madrid is the first team to collect 400 points in Champions League history 121GW+39GD+45GL = 402 points
[383 pts] Barcelona
[373 pts] Manchester United
[351 pts] Bayern

qh8VVeJ.png

Victory over Basel was Real Madrid’s 15th consecutive win under Carlo Ancelotti – equalling the club record.

qh8VVeJ.png

37 - Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more away goals than any other player in the #UCL history (Messi 34).

qh8VVeJ.png

42 - Since the start of 2011-12, Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 42 goals in the CL, one more than Arsenal have in that period.

qh8VVeJ.png

qh8VVeJ.png

Sterling has understandably been unable to sustain his form from the first month of the season, though he was much better yesterday. He's 19, and we're looking for him to do everything, in a team which does nothing to drag players away from him, or make use of his pace. I think he and Balotelli will definitely be much better off when/if Sturridge comes back, just because Sturridge is good at keeping defenders occupied in a way which creates room for others, which is a big weakness for Lambert, Balotelli and Borini, who can all be easily marked by a single player, and don't move in a way which forces the other team to lose their shape.

Balotelli is worse than anyone could have imagined. He's keeping himself out of trouble, but he's not troubling goalkeepers either. January may be the tipping point as long as we're not like 12 points behind by then. If we overhaul the team, its a huge risk, as with our transfer record we could become even worse. If we don't, we just persist with players who are letting us down week-in week-out. We can't trust Rodgers and the commitee to spend much, but we can't pretend this squad is of the required quality for the rest of the season. Think we'll probably go for another window like we did in January 2013, couple of buys to come straight into the team, £20-25m, hope it works out.

Probably a centreback and a striker. Maybe more if we can offload a couple of players as well.

Turn that frown upside down.

B3cLoeTIIAAJFI6.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
our January target I assume

Zapata misses Allegri

ffs
People should really stop saying Arsenal should have got him back. By all accounts, he acted like an absolute twat in the summer he left, and burned all his bridges at the club.

I still think the back pass to Karl Pilkington Iniesta was intentional

mainly because Iniesta is too stupid to anticipate it

oh wow is this why I hate Karl Pilkington

Zabojnik

I used to watch it in the late 90s and I kinda grew up watching them along with Friends, Seinfeld and the rest.

Tbh I don't think I saw a single episode of The 70s Show. I remember it being on when I was going through my Seinfeld phase and I thought every other sitcom was infinitely inferior. I still do, actually.

GorillaJu

The art director in charge of packaging and design at SCEJ agreed to help me develop a portfolio to get me hired there full time there as a graphic designer.

Yay

I also got the full story behind the awful Japanese Uncharted 2 box art :lol

jts

...hate me...
The art director in charge of packaging and design at SCEJ agreed to help me develop a portfolio to get me hired there full time there as a graphic designer.

Yay

Awful?

1171156-uncharted2japanese.jpg

You misspelled "awesome".

And now you have to spill the beens.

And congrats!

Zabojnik

Yay

Congrats, Odd!

bS2Ry.png

Amazing. What's the story?

EDIT: Ffs, jts. Go hate on Nolan or something. (<3)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tbh I don't think I saw a single episode of The 70s Show. I remember it being on when I was going through my Seinfeld phase and I thought every other sitcom was infinitely inferior. I still do, actually.
it's kinda unfair to compare Seinfeld to anything tbh
OH BABY!

and as soon as they hire you, just quit and join up From Software officially!

It was a great show.

innit! I loved it too!

Blablurn

.@MedhiBenatia will be banned for one #UCL game following his red card in Manchester. Defender to miss CSKA Moscow match on 10th December.

I'm ok with this.

wait wat

4,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

because of the new arab sponsor, madrid will cut the cross out of their logo? at least thats what bild is reporting.

It's bild, so it's confirmed false :lol.

I think Real has been using the logo without the cross for some time already in Arabian countries? Not sure but I think I heard about that.

And they won't change their crest, they'll only use the logo without the cross for that bank.

Scum

Yay

Congrats Odd.

Zabojnik

I missed all the fun Yesterday :/.

But I kept my promise Zabo. MICHELAM CRY!

Yes Atleti. Yes Manzdukick!

I know you, Prinny. You've given us hope ... only so that our defeat vs. Atleti in Torino will be that more soul crushing. I KNOW YOU, DEVIL.

Good job! I always believed. <3

Tc91

That is fucking terrible. Him, his family, his friends, and the bowler. Can't imagine how it feels to lose someone/kill someone because of such dumb luck, bouncers are bowled all the time, the odds of someone dying from one must be a billion to one.

RIP

Phillip Hughes was the victim of a "freakish" injury that left him with little chance of survival, Australia team doctor Peter Brukner has said.

Brukner said Hughes, 25, died as a result of a vertebral artery dissection, which caused a "massive bleed" on the brain.

"Vertebral artery dissection is incredibly rare," Brukner told media at St Vincent's hospital in Sydney.

"There is only one previous example caused by a cricket ball."

D:

Top Bottom