• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

EmiPrime

Arsenal vs Liverpool Charity Shield Final 2002 at the Millennium Stadium

I didn't really care about football back then, but still cried when we lost because I was a snivelling little twat and I went with my older brother who supports Arsenal :p

Still the only Liverpool game I've been to which is pretty shameful, been to 2 Arsenal games since. Maybe I should just support them instead.

We'll have you. :)

My first was a charity shield game at Cardiff too (2004). I think more United supports got on the train at Reading than Arsenal fans proving every stereotype. My parents didn't have Sky and my dad was never into football so I didn't get into it until I left home, starting with watching it in the pub and then going to games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The internet pranksters behind the pitch invasions which caused Tottenham’s Europa League match against Partizan Belgrade to be suspended four minutes before half-time are threatening to repeat their antics at future games in London.

TrollstationUk – a group of pranksters who regularly post evidence of their practical jokes online – have claimed responsibility and released a video showing how they had planned to invade the pitch at White Hart Lane before the match.

“Today we’re going to see who lasts longest on the pitch,” said Gomes Garcia, whose Twitter profile claims he is an actor and comedian. The video then goes on to show how they managed to breach pitchside security and evade capture for several minutes, despite the intervention of Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado when one of the invaders attempted to take a selfie with him.

However, it seems that Thursday’s match may not be the last to be targeted by the group. A message on Trollstation’s Twitter account posted in the early hours of Friday morning asked; “The question is Emirates stadium or Stamford Bridge?”, suggesting that they could have another prank planned in the near future.

why

Oxx

No. City centre will have some sorts, but like any city centre keep ya wits aboot ye

Don't go Aston mind

You off to the German market? If you are, go to Post Office Vaults by new street. Best little pub in brum. Proper beer lovers pub

I saw the queues at the train station and thought NOPE.

I go quite often. Just wondering if Black Friday insanity would have infected the Bull Ring etc or just supermarket fools.

Linius

wooden!

one minutes and fifty seconds in: http://www.footytube.com/video/sevilla-317089

this is better than jorge jesus.

FoolhardyGregariousEnglishsetter.gif

Oxx

I think my first game might have been a Division 2 playoff final between Stockport and Burnley at olde Wembley.

In the mid-1990s.

Facism

Istanbul kicked out Cesare Prandelli.
Curious who will be so insane to take that position over.

Hopefully a good manager that understands the players he's got. When you constantly sub off your best performers and play guys out of position you're too senile for football management.

I was going to go into Birmingham in a bit. Will it be filled with rabid, bargain-hunting lunatics?

Birmingham is shyte most of the time. Why suffer through it on this nonsense "holiday?"

3Sixty

My first away game was at the Highbury Library

Where RVP broke my heart with a late equaliser after a Rory Delap brace.

Prick.

No one wanted to share with me your first footy game:( I guess none of you have been to any games.

Milan-Juventus 3-1, Trofeo Berlusconi, 19th August 1997. André Cruz, Kluivert and Weah scored for Milan, Conte for Juve.

I'll never, ever forget it. Such a great night, wish I could've gone to see more matches.

First match I've ever been was a pre-season friendly between Sporting and the National team of Bahrain. It was a boring match but we won 1-0 and I was so excited to finally be on the stadium.

Wilbur

Banned
My first game was probably a Newcastle match, can't remember who against.

First United game was a pre season friendly against Sevilla, think it was 2006 or 07

Milan-Juventus 3-1, Trofeo Berlusconi, 19th August 1997. André Cruz, Kluivert and Weah scored for Milan, Conte for Juve.

I'll never, ever forget it. Such a great night, wish I could've gone to see more matches.

André Cruz, how I miss him. One of the finest CB that ever played for us and he was probably the best free kick taker we had in the past 20 years.

Danchi

No one wanted to share with me your first footy game:( I guess none of you have been to any games.

Barnsley vs. Sheffield Wednesday at Oakwell.

In the Wednesday end. Ironically, I'm now a Barnsley "fan" (in the sense I look out for the scores at least. Haven't been to one of their game in years). This would have been the season Wednesday went up to the Championship via the play-offs (or maybe it was the year before?). The only people in my family who care about football are Wednesday fans which is why most of the games I've been to are theirs.

If I remember right it was a really boring 0-0, The only thing I do remember is one of Wednesday's players missing a one-on-one, to which my cousin (who would take me to the games) said "it's a good thing they [Barnsley] are shit as well,' to which a decent chunk of the people around us laughed.

UP THE TYKES. Or the Owls? I forget which.

Barnsley_Football_Club_Logo.png

I also wore a Inter Milan shirt because I've been a eurosnob since the beginning obv...

Chris Eubank is too jokes. Need to get this guy into football punditry somehow.
“This is the most dangerous young man on the planet. That’s why I am telling the referee this week to be vigilant. Christopher won’t hesitate and he is the most dangerous man in boxing today. I’ve met all the most dangerous fighters. I fought some of them. As a fighter you can sense and smell it when a person is a certain way. For Saunders and all Christopher’s future opponents the truth is ominous. They are in danger and referees have to be mindful. Christopher has been brought up in the purest form as a fighter. Eccentric, you may call it. Odd, unique, peculiar you may deem it to be. But you have seen nothing like it before. I’ve looked at Mike Tyson, Nigel Benn, Gerald McClellan and James Toney. They were all dark and they were all great fighters. But they were all were unhinged. You know this. You wrote about me and all of them in Dark Trade. Christopher’s darkness is different. He’s stoic. He’s still. There is a darkness in him I cannot measure. I am benevolent. I don’t see that in Junior."

André Cruz, how I miss him. One of the finest CB that ever played for us and he was probably the best free kick taker we had in the past 20 years.

We basically stole him from Inter when he already signed some sort of pre-contract, then gave them Moriero with a "sorry :(" note attached.

Blablurn

My first game was Bayern vs. Karlsruhe. I think in 99. My dad was like: "Hey son, wanna drive to Munich tmw and watch the game?"

Munich is like 550km away. So it was something special.

I was like :O

Awesome day <3

Back in the old Olympiastadium.

First Arsenal game was 2007/8 preseason, Emirates Cup. I remember very clearly the Van Persie winner against Inter. Cunt :(

Oh, I also went to a Highbury stadium tour just before the Emirates opened. That was cool
:D
ive never been back to the Emirates since :(

Scum

Snitch. For the love of all that is Holy, just pick an avatar and stick with it for more than a minute! &#128530;

noal

Banned
United 3 Norwich 0/1, can't remember if they scored, in 1991/2.

I think Giggsy scored and Brian McClair and Schmeichel's goal kicks sailing above the roof and taking an age to come down.

I think Neil Webb was playing as well!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
After he won the CL with Dortmund and beat one of the best teams from Juve.

My first game was 96.
Dortmund - Hamburg.
Allegedly our players were 'hungover' from celebrating the Scudetto win

Which I don't believe for one second, but it's also....so Juve..

"CL final? :lol WHO CARES"

Top Bottom