• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wish they were hungover in 96. But they were doped back then
dPrJaGc.png
They were hungover on dope then
damn you're old.
Dont be mean

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, we need to unite. 95/96 were Serie A vs. Eredivisie finals. Those were the times mate!
I told you guys we should just invade England and put them in their rightful place

Plastic faces

Championship/hipster faces are cool tho, we shall leave them be

Milan-Juventus 3-1, Trofeo Berlusconi, 19th August 1997. André Cruz, Kluivert and Weah scored for Milan, Conte for Juve.

I'll never, ever forget it. Such a great night, wish I could've gone to see more matches.

I think I have seen Milan, I am not sure but it might have been the European Super Cup in 94.

I have been lucky in that I have seen a few Italian teams vs Arsenal. Torino, Samp, Napoli, Milan maybe, Roma.

Never seen Juve or Parma, which makes me sad. Was always the offseason when I visited Parma as a child.

My first game was Bayern vs. Karlsruhe. I think in 99. My dad was like: "Hey son, wanna drive to Munich tmw and watch the game?"

Munich is like 550km away. So it was something special.

I was like :O

Awesome day <3

Back in the old Olympiastadium.

Fuck me that is far. I was only about 2-3km from Highbury.

I want us to take back Savoy, shocking that Garibaldi's birthplace is in France and that the old royal family gave up their lands for unifications.

I want us to take back Nice and Savoy, shocking that Garibaldi's birthplace is in France and that the old royal family gave up their lands for unifications.

Always surprises me when someone changes team from what their dad wants. Alan Davies who is a celeb Arsenal fan use to go to Spurs games as a boy. I forgot why he supports Arsenal, how comes you changed to Copenhagen?

A mix of youth rebellion and a Scottish cousin that had a Brøndby hate for whatever reason too. She would often go with us to football too, but seeing as it was with my dad it would usually be Brøndby matches.

I remember a time when at a brøndby match, brøndby radio interviewed us as we probably looked like nice kids. They started with my cousin, something about her favorite player and she said some Celtic player, I think Henke Larsson as she were seriously moist for him, asked what Brøndby player afterwards she said "none, fuck brøndby" lol, and me being a few years younger proceeded with the same fuck brøndby line saying I supported Copenhagen.

Seriously though, Fuck Brøndby.

Linius

Lol, having a dad who supports Ajax and being born in Amsterdam I can't imagine supporting a Dutch club that's not Ajax. Fuck the rest eh.

Clegg

Sport Witness &#8207;@Sport_Witness 26m26 minutes ago

Real Madrid have released an official club statement basically saying Platini is out of order stating preferences for Ballon d'Or winner.

Oh, Ronnie.

-_-

A mix of youth rebellion and a Scottish cousin that had a Brøndby hate for whatever reason too. She would often go with us to football too, but seeing as it was with my dad it would usually be Brøndby matches.

I remember a time when at a brøndby match, brøndby radio interviewed us as we probably looked like nice kids. They started with my cousin, something about her favorite player and she said some Celtic player, I think Henke Larsson as she were seriously moist for him, asked what Brøndby player afterwards she said "none, fuck brøndby" lol, and me being a few years younger proceeded with the same fuck brøndby line saying I supported Copenhagen.

Seriously though, Fuck Brøndby.

Haha, I thought it was gonna be that you saw a Copenhagen game that made you re-evaluate football. Not just you followed your cousin .

It annoys me so much that Rockstar decided to not have a single likable character in GTAV. It's not a good cast if they're all either twats, or forgettable. Puts me off wanting to buy the remaster.

The characters in the PS2-gen trilogy were fantastic

Linius

I have some relative who used to support Ajax. Then during the years we didn't win much (seven years without title) he moved to Alkmaar. That was also the time AZ (from Alkmaar) got their shit together and won a title so he basically switched clubs. Now he's crying again since AZ went back to being the shitty club they are most of the time.

Seriously if you are dragged to football matches with crowds like this

10698396_101523614292geu2k.jpg

sxqx1mO.jpg

kZpxY1V.jpg

QXfvgCx.jpg

ytHGpqq.jpg

A6uJWHm.jpg

ZSJS9rV.jpg

and lol, look at the clown with the pink shirt here, fighting the police

jnCVQ0g.jpg

A few moments later

JLjq8mc.jpg

Haha, I thought it was gonna be that you saw a Copenhagen game that made you re-evaluate football. Not just you followed your cousin .

I didn't follow my cousin, I don't give a shit about Celtic. I just didn't like Brøndby much and then started following Copenhagen more and more, as they were the only hope to stop Brøndby.

faridmon

My dad is an AC Milan fan, he used to talk to me about the 90s Milan team and whatever.

One day, I turned up home from playing in the park and while we were eating dinner, I said: Dad, I am an Everton Supporter.

Linius

Loool, that before after Brondy supporter is brilliant

My dad is an AC Milan fan, he used to talk to me about the 90s Milan team and whatever.

One day, I turned up home from playing in the park and while we were eating dinner, I said: Dad, I am an Everton Supporter.

Did you tell him you hung out with an Ajax fan? Fuck 90s Milan yo, 95 was our year :D

I made a spreadsheet in Excel, with rows of clubs, and columns marked things like European trophies, league titles, trophies in last 10 years, stadium capacity, kit colour, distance from Maidenhead, massivity, things like that.

Cross-referenced it with my ideals, and they lined up with Liverpool

Linius

I made a spreadsheet in Excel, with rows and columns marked things like European trophies, league titles, trophies in last 10 years, stadium capacity, kit colour, distance from Maidenhead, massivity, things like that.

Cross-referenced it with my ideals, and they lined up with Liverpool

I'm pretty sure that's what Dean did about three times in his life.

Seriously if you are dragged to football matches with crowds like this

I didn't follow my cousin, I don't give a shit about Celtic. I just didn't like Brøndby much and then started following Copenhagen more and more, as they were the only hope to stop Brøndby.

Brondby gave us a pair of tits last year

forza Brondby

El Topo

How long did it take him to stop laughing?

Blablurn

I think I have seen Milan, I am not sure but it might have been the European Super Cup in 94.

I have been lucky in that I have seen a few Italian teams vs Arsenal. Torino, Samp, Napoli, Milan maybe, Roma.

Never seen Juve or Parma, which makes me sad. Was always the offseason when I visited Parma as a child.

Fuck me that is far. I was only about 2-3km from Highbury.

I envy people whose favourite team is nearby

Top Bottom