• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Madrid have the presence to not be so insecure. They should have told those Arab sponsors to fuck off as well when they asked for the cross to be removed from the logo (if that is true)

B3h-TaQCUAApIEJ.jpg

I can't. I just can't.

I wish I could play a microscopic violin for them.

That sums up all that is wrong with the ballon d'or. Real Madrid just want it to be a top goal scorer award.

RiggyRob

The first game I ever went to was Man Utd 5-0 Derby in 2001(?). My uncle had spare tickets going from his work so me and my dad went with him and my cousin - great game, even if I could barely see what was happening since I was 8/9.

How's this for a missed opportunity though - I started supporting United properly (as in being able to pay attention to results) in the 1997/1998 season, and when we won the Treble in 1999 my dad wanted to take me to the open top bus parade in Manchester but my mum wouldn't let me go cause I was too young.

l1x61OA.png

Blablurn

Shanks. When you went to Korea, was it a spontaneous thing or always sure? Did you teach before?

I'm getting cold feet lately. A school from China has responded to my application. They asked for an interview on Monday but I told them that I need some answers first. Still waiting for them.

Anyway, I love the country. But still, going abroad is such a huge thing.

Ingeniero

Everybody got presents at work today, that secret friend thing.
You know what I got? nothing, nada, zero, nil, nada.
Fucking cunts.

I was crushed when I found out my dad changed and supported Arsenal.

Here he went from a team that had Satan himself as a mascot and you go and support a team that once fielded all foreign players in an EPL match. :(

Shanks. When you went to Korea, was it a spontaneous thing or always sure? Did you teach before?

I'm getting cold feet lately. A school from China has responded to my application. They asked for an interview on Monday but I told them that I need some answers first. Still waiting for them.

Anyway, I love the country. But still, going abroad is such a huge thing.

Spontaneous. I saw a thread on GAF in January 2010 that involved Korea and two months later I had signed a contract and two months later I was in Korea.

It is scary to move to a different country, but some people never leave their tiny little spit because they are too scared to try something new.

I made a spreadsheet in Excel, with rows of clubs, and columns marked things like European trophies, league titles, trophies in last 10 years, stadium capacity, kit colour, distance from Maidenhead, massivity, things like that.

Cross-referenced it with my ideals, and they lined up with Liverpool

I did the same exact thing but took away European trophies and wanted a bigger stadium capacity

United were my ideal choice.

Blablurn

Spontaneous. I saw a thread on GAF in January 2010 that involved Korea and two months later I had signed a contract and two months later I was in Korea.

It is scary to move to a different country, but some people never leave their tiny little spit because they are too scared to try something new.

Were you a teacher before moving?

Ingeniero

My dad took me to the stadium when I was 4, our local team Melgar against Alianza Lima.
He explained me rules then, fun times, we won 3-1.

I don't remember which was my first TV match tho, but I remember my first WC Italia 90.

Blablurn

Nope, I was saving to go to the College of Law.

Teaching is easy as long as you take it seriously. Don't view it as a holiday because then you will find it a lot tougher

What age group is the school?

I don't know yet. They asked for an interview. But before that I need some questions answered. Waiting for their response now.

I think I could do it. I'm good with people usually. And they just want someone for "Basic German". One of my friends is already a teacher and she would help me.

It's kinda exciting.

Drastic move too. But I'm not finding something good in Germany so far.

I don't know yet. They asked for an interview. But before that I need some questions answered. Waiting for their response now.

I think I could do it. I'm good with people usually. And they just want someone for "Basic German". One of my friends is already a teacher and she would help me.

It's kinda exciting.

Not working sucks and can be depressing. Contracts are only a year so can be nice to get some working experience. You might enjoy teaching and decide to get into it back in Germany.

Blablurn

Not working sucks and can be depressing. Contracts are only a year so can be nice to get some working experience. You might enjoy teaching and decide to get into it back in Germany.

I kinda wouldnt mind staying haha. After all my bachelors degree had something to do with china.

I'm just in a huge fucking comfort zone right now. and i think i should leave it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

It's kinda exciting.

You told them to delay your interview? They ain't gonna call you back bb

You can ask them whatever you want in the interview itself

bud

It's kinda exciting.

what was stopping you from asking those questions during the interview?

Blablurn

I know bud. Probably was a noob move.

You told them to delay your interview? They ain't gonna call you back bb

You can ask them whatever you want in the interview itself

Shit.

But she said

Whether the time is suitable for you or not, please let me know.
If it is not convenient for you, we can schedule it at another time.

Anyway, I just added her on Skype. So we'll see.

jts

...hate me...
Not happening, but it would be cool if they gave the award to Lahm.

It's a PR event; it'll go to Ronaldo. You're right though, it would be great if Lahm won the award.
Better a PR than a charity.

Do you guys really think that

i7dpiKYLNAyne.png
LAHM. BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD 2014
i7dpiKYLNAyne.png

Makes sense? Sensational.

Messi or Ronaldo, I don't even care. But to give it to a player like Lahm is a total farce. Nothing personal against Lahm. Could say the same about Marcelo, Dani Alves or whatever.

Scum

There's a teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens later today.

Brace yourselves for the madness that will ensue in OT.

Hixx

"@YoungSunEcho 31m31 minutes ago
Diego Costa included in Chelsea squad for tomorrow's trip to the Stadium of Light after suffering knock in midweek #safc"

Wes-Brown.jpg

He's going to do him. Just watch m8s. He will finish Costa. RIP.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

who would win a fight: [new character from Star Wars trailer] or [Marvel character nobody has ever heard of]?

inky

"OMG HYPE!!! BEST THING EVER. GLAD LUCAS IS OUT.

MEH. LOOKS LIKE CRAP. ABRAMS SUCKS"

There. Summed up OTs reaction.

Top Bottom