• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Zabojnik

Yesterday Handanovic saved the sixth consecutive penalty.

Amazing keeper. The only Inter player I'd want at Juve. I wonder what the record is.

Linius

Yesterday Handanovic saved the sixth consecutive penalty.

Amazing keeper. The only Inter player I'd want at Juve. I wonder what the record is.

Vermeer saved 7 in a row.

Eredivisie Excelsior - Ajax (26 feb 2012) Edwin de Graaf gestopt
Eredivisie sc Heerenveen - Ajax (02 sep 2012) Filip Djuricic naast
CL Borussia Dortmund - Ajax (18 sep 2012) Mats Hummels gestopt
Eredivisie Ajax - Feyenoord (20 jan 2013) Lex Immers gestopt
Eredivisie RKC Waalwijk - Ajax (17 feb 2013) Robert Braber gestopt
Eredivisie Ajax - Roda JC (02 aug 2013) Wiljan Pluim naast
KNVB Beker AZ - Ajax (27 maa 2014) Aron Jóhannsson gestopt

Can you believe we gifted this guy to Feyenoord for a million? Fucking Overmars.

I just bought Dybala for 7m. You guys better be right about him.

VhVLhXd.png

ZsW8pAy.png

AkpmCMU.png

qindarka

Banned
My first game was watching Liverpool thrash a Singapore XI 5-0 when they came over.

Second game was watching Chelsea play a Malaysia XI back in 2011. Highlights were Benayoun getting booed for being Israeli and nearly getting crushed to death outside the stadium and while waiting for the trains with the shoddy organization.

Pretty much all the footy I've been to live. I'm the most plastic of plastic supporters.

qindarka

Banned
I created 11 players on the editor with a CA of 150, a PA of 200, jacked up their stats even more on the in-game editor after a few seasons and win every game 6-0.

Also, Gullit became manager of Man United.

The proper way to play FM.

Salazar

No one wanted to share with me your first footy game:( I guess none of you have been to any games.

Watching my dad play, I imagine. Lowest possible rung of the professional ladder.

He was a sweeper. We still have a newspaper cutting in which he was described as "disconcertingly slow on the turn".

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jermaine Jenas, the former England, Newcastle and Tottenham midfielder, is joining the BBC as a football pundit.

Jenas, 31, recently on Match of the Day and Football Focus, has agreed a two-year contract with BBC Sport to feature on television, radio and online.

JJ is surprisingly well-spoken, I think he can have a good career on TV. Shame we will have to endure another 20 years of Alan Shearer.

I don't remember how about that. Call it repressed memories if you will, considering my dad is a Brøndby supporter and brought me to those when I was still really young.

Always surprises me when someone changes team from what their dad wants. Alan Davies who is a celeb Arsenal fan use to go to Spurs games as a boy. I forgot why he supports Arsenal, how comes you changed to Copenhagen?

Chelsea vs Man United in the 00/01 season might have been the one before, I was like 4/5.

That is young, did you understand what was going on? I remember being a big footy fan when I was 5/6. Not sure about younget

United vs Portsmouth in 2008.

We lost.

I have never seen Arsenal lose at home, only defeat i have seen was when I went away to watch Spurs in 97. Haven't been to an away game since

Arsenal vs Man Utd 2007. 2-1. Thierry Henry scored the winner, I was 13.

I remember that game. Sadly I never saw Henry play:(

Watching my dad play, I imagine. Lowest possible rung of the professional ladder.

He was a sweeper. We still have a newspaper cutting in which he was described as "disconcertingly slow on the turn".

Haha, that is hilarious.

KidJr

Debuchy is back in two weeks thank fuck, Koscienly is fit, defence almost back!

Annoying he wont say how long Walcott is out for though

That is young, did you understand what was going on? I remember being a big footy fan when I was 5/6. Not sure about younget

I remember being at the ground with my Dad and his friend but that is pretty much it. My Dad wanted me to support Liverpool but once I went to my first live game at Chelsea and the fact my brother was a Chelsea fan, made me choose Chelsea! I've been plenty of times since, The first game I remember something from was a Chelsea/Spurs game in the league where Zola scored a free kick.

L1NETT

I was going to go into Birmingham in a bit. Will it be filled with rabid, bargain-hunting lunatics?

No. City centre will have some sorts, but like any city centre keep ya wits aboot ye

Don't go Aston mind

You off to the German market? If you are, go to Post Office Vaults by new street. Best little pub in brum. Proper beer lovers pub

No one wanted to share with me your first footy game:( I guess none of you have been to any games.

Arsenal vs Liverpool Charity Shield Final 2002 at the Millennium Stadium

I didn't really care about football back then, but still cried when we lost because I was a snivelling little twat and I went with my older brother who supports Arsenal :p

Still the only Liverpool game I've been to which is pretty shameful, been to 2 Arsenal games since. Maybe I should just support them instead.

KidJr

Arsenal vs Crystal Palace at Selhurst park, (cant remember the year but late 90's) never forget it. Think Ian Wright scored twice, really first time I understood how quick football really was in comparison to TV.

Walshy

Everton vs Liverpool 1997, I sat in the away end with my Dad when I was five years old. Duncan Ferguson and Jamie Redknapp scored in a 1-1 draw with two red cards :lol.

I went my first home game the following season, and I got my season ticket in the Main Stand in Anfield when I was 15, which I've had for 6 years now.

First 'real' away was a much more memorable experience, when Bolton beat Liverpool 3-1 in 2012 :(.

KidJr

I was going to go into Birmingham in a bit. Will it be filled with rabid, bargain-hunting lunatics?

Yeah as other said check out the German Market, if your going shopping I actually prefer to go Solihul, some really good pubs that way as well.

Arsenal vs Crystal Palace at Selhurst park, (cant remember the year but late 90's) never forget it. Think Ian Wright scored twice, really first time I understood how quick football really was in comparison to TV.

Sitting on the top row at the Emirates really drives home how fucking gigantic a football pitch is

Like, I watch it on TV and think 'how can you not be able to accurately pass it 35 yards?' or 'why aren't you sprinting back at full pelt in the 90th minute?' but you watch it from an almost birds eye view and realise that its an achievement just to be able to jog up and down the pitch for an entire match

Really nice stadium btw. Pitch looks like velvet as well :p

Salazar

Sitting on the top row at the Emirates really drives home how fucking gigantic a football pitch is

Like, I watch it on TV and think 'how can you not be able to accurately pass it 35 yards?' or 'why aren't you sprinting back at full pelt in the 90th minute?' but you watch it from an almost birds eye view and realise that its an achievement just to be able to jog up and down the pitch for an entire match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY502osO3kU&spfreload=10

no dramas, mate

3Sixty

My first game was Saints vs Newcastle in early 1997 at the Dell. I must have been 7.

Don't remember much but Le Tissier scored a worldie in the last minute. Pretty sure it was a draw.

Top Bottom