• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Hixx

Toasted sandwiches are THE BEST. Put a bit of cheddar in there, some nice hot sauce, bit pepperoni maybe. OH AYE.

Wilbur

Banned
Sandwiches are okay. They're all a bit bland aren't they

If you're eating a meal then it should be a MEAL

I don't really eat breakfast ever for this reason. Cereal or toast isn't a meal for fucks sake

Elchele

Sandwiches are okay. They're all a bit bland aren't they

If you're eating a meal then it should be a MEAL

I don't really eat breakfast ever for this reason. Cereal or toast isn't a meal for fucks sake

no wonder you're gordito now m8
breakfast is super important.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You'll love Intelstera, GoddMorsel. Just fun really

McConaughey jerked into a cup
do I even have to ask which McConaughey

My ex sent me a random whatsapp message 2 hours ago complimenting my profile pic (it was a car ://)

I replied an hour and 30 min later

emotional cold war

Lightning

Banned
Why do users care about npd sales so much? What is there to be achieved by following sales so closely? I just don't understand the point. Years ago I used to care about sales until realizing they make absolutely no difference to me.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Why do users care about npd sales so much? What is there to be achieved by following sales so closely? I just don't understand the point. Years ago I used to care about sales until realizing they make absolutely no difference to me.

If I like a product, I would like it to sell well so the guys who make it can make more of that same product. But most of the NPD threads are just "my console's/game's dick is bigger, neener neeneer"

GorillaJu

Why do you care about Arsenal results? It's the same kind of tribalism.

Wilbur

Banned
Why do you care about Arsenal results? It's the same kind of tribalism.

Lightning told us a week ago that whether arsenal win or lose it has no effect on him, he just wants to see them play good football

The quintessential arsenal fan

Or Roberto Martinez

Lightning

Banned
Lightning told us a week ago that whether arsenal win or lose it has no effect on him, he just wants to see them play good football

The quintessential arsenal fan

Or Roberto Martinez
That's not true. I said winning is not the only thing that matters or the most important thing. I always want arsenal to win but I'm not a fan of the win above all else.

Football is entertainment first and foremost.

That's not true. I said winning is not the only thing that matters or the most important thing. I always want arsenal to win but I'm not a fan of the win above all else.

Football is entertainment first and foremost.
I'm always entertained when we win, no matter how the result comes.

Lightning

Banned
I'm always entertained when we win, no matter how the result comes.
Yeah I understand that. I will always want Arsenal to get the best results, and several times I've been very salty after games not going our way, but I always want entertainment which means goals or potential goals. Boring 1-0 results I don't really enjoy even when we win unless it's a big game where one can't expect goals.

It varies depending on the teams we face but it takes more than a result for me. If the result was all I cared about I'd check live scores after games instead of watching them.

GorillaJu

I don't pay any money to support Arsenal.

Console wars are all about the money you invest in a console.

Money plays a role but it's not the only factor and I don't think its the most important. Even people who own all the systems often pick sides, or people who can easily afford all the systems only buy one and "defend it"

That ketchup and butter sandwich reminded me of the best poor man's recipe I've seen.

Toast Sandwich. Hear me out.
Get three pieces of bread, and toast one. Put the piece of toast between two pieces of bread, maybe add a little pepper if you're feeling crazy.
The mix of textures and heats tastes actually pretty okay somehow?
BONUS LEVEL: put a piece of bread between two pieces of toast.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1h2q9g/what_is_your_best_poor_recipe/

Westlo

Wolfsburg: 2nd in the League. Lose 6-1 to Everton.

Bundeslol

We might as well apply to be part of that league so we could take it to the cleaners.

No Coleman, Baines, Stones, Barry, Naismith, Pienaar, Oviedo and during the game, McCarthy went down... Garbutt looked a damn nice prospect.. between Stones, Browning and him that's 3 of the back 4 locked up for the future.... but than again it's only Bundeslol....

Zabojnik

I'm fucking stoked for the Derby Della Mole on Sunday. We're finally playing well again - thanks for everything, 3-5-2, now kindly fuck off forever - and Pogba & friends are nearing top condition. Plus Toromerda haven't won a derby in like 15 years and are relatively shit this year (they're doing great in EL though), so hopefully we'll fucking smash them. Che tempo per essere vivo.

@Metro_Sport 7 hours ago
Arsenal 'close to signing £31m Paulo Dybala with advanced talks underway': http://ow.ly/F0ARC #afc

Fuck off Wenger. Also:

Lorenzo Vicini ‏@ViciniLo Nov 26
@ItalianNT Antonio Conte: "Paulo Dybala is a kid that interests us a lot. We need to understand if he's interested in the Italy NT."

Palermo ST Paulo Dybala: "I know Im Argentine but its not easy. I must think calmly & speak with my family. It's a big moment in my career"

I'm fucking stoked for the Derby Della Mole on Sunday. We're finally playing well again - thanks for everything, 3-5-2, now kindly fuck off forever - and Pogba & friends are nearing top condition. Plus Toromerda haven't won a derby in like 15 years and are relatively shit this year (they're doing great in EL though), so hopefully we'll fucking smash them. Che tempo per essere vivo.

Should be good, I think the derby was the only time that Conte went away from 3-5-2.

I am glad they are doing well in Europe, need those points with Roma going out.

Lads what were you first football matches?

Mine was when I was 6, Arsenal vs Torino back in the spring of 94 in the CWC, that Arsenal went on to win. I remember going round to my Nonna's house, because my Dad said it would be easier to watch together after he finished work. My Nonna has a house a couple roads from Highbury so my dad said let's go have a look at the stadium. I was so excited about getting to go see the stadium with a big crowd. We then walked round to he west stand and my dad said we should pop are heads in. We then walked up to the turnstile and thinking we have to go back now. My dad then whiped out two tickets and I couldn't breath. We took our seats and we won 1-0. I don't remember who scored, but the atmosphere inside the stadium has remained with me. I remember the buzz and the huge roar when we scored, my little arsenal hat went flying off as everyone leaped up. I also copied the guy I was sitting next to who was swearing a lot, my mum was not pleased with my dad the next day.

It really was one of the best days of my life. My dad was a season ticket holder and had seen Parma win the cup at Wemblet the previous years so was always sad when my dad went off to the games without me. Going to an actual game was the best thing that could have happened in my little six year old life. I really hope that one day I can do he same for my son/daughter.
Seeing Italy was also an immense experience in Euro 96

So what were your first games?

Lightning

Banned
@Metro_Sport 7 hours ago
Arsenal 'close to signing £31m Paulo Dybala with advanced talks underway': http://ow.ly/F0ARC #afc

Fuck off Wenger. Also:

@ItalianNT Antonio Conte: "Paulo Dybala is a kid that interests us a lot. We need to understand if he's interested in the Italy NT."

Palermo ST Paulo Dybala: "I know Im Argentine but its not easy. I must think calmly & speak with my family. It's a big moment in my career"
Yeah not familiar with that link or who that player is...

Yeah not familiar with that link or who that player is...

Such premfaces

The new Aguero m8s, that's why City wanted him too a few years back, he's like a reverse Costa, looks like he's 12

FOGCnEb.jpg

DangerousPitifulBilby.gif

TitJyQ4.gif

ib0vxVHuyFO8xd.gif

ij3VHhJ8hUual.gif

ibnqDb3MUMeIH2.gif

What a player. 40m pls.

Top Bottom