• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

L1NETT

I thought Remember Me was shit. World was pretty cool though. It was a Capcom outsource though so was never gonna be good.

Visually, UI, soundtrack and conceptually awesome. So much potential.

Mechanically shonky and clunky also its repetitive combat let it down

But i'd rather play Remember Me-esque games that try summat new than half the shite that comes out of AAA development.

Intrigued in Life is Strange.

Just watched 'The Railway Man'

Amazing story, unbelievable really. Colin Firth is brilliant. Editing and pacing was a bit all over the place, but still a very touching film. I don't know what I would do in the protagonist's situation tho.

gaming side is such filth

people just cycle through the same old shit

just like the sonic cycle

I watched that new sonic game sped run on twitch, and it was very enjoyable. Highlights was the red roided up Sonic running around yelling "where's the minors", as the guy playing was glitching through levels and the sound sonic and his mental friends made when they drown.

Can't help but feel every single person that buys Sonic games these days, gets something sexual out of them.

3Sixty

So am I after tonight :D

Prepare for a barrage of shite that sees me reclaim my rightful place atop the Wall of Shame

Yes m8!

I just got in.

Long fucking day. My Cashier decided to call in sick last minute leaving me to run the shop and be on tills all day. Kill me.

Scum

gaming side is such filth

people just cycle through the same old shit

just like the sonic cycle

Gaming industry needs mid tier gaming back to spice things up again.

Just watched 'The Railway Man'

Amazing story, unbelievable really. Colin Firth is brilliant. Editing and pacing was a bit all over the place, but still a very touching film. I don't know what I would do in the protagonist's situation tho.

How many films a day/night do you watch, Free?

Hixx

@SimonBird_
Turned down interview with a Newcastle player today because it was to promote Wonga. Using millionaires to push a payday lender is offensive

Holy shit
KuGsj.gif

Imagine if it was Papiss Cisse. IMAGINE

What a time to be alive. Champions League.
cr5LxAm.png

Chelsea let me loan Chalobah 3 years in a row, and now his contract is running out, so expecting to sign him. Was lucky to end up with the CL spot in the end, as I only won one of my last 5 matches and scored like 3 goals lol, luckily both City and Southampton decided to be almost as shit and not catch up to me.

Scum

Probably one a night if I am not busy (I have a lot of free time after work y'see)

Nice.

What a time to be alive. Champions League.
cr5LxAm.png

Chelsea let me loan Chalobah 3 years in a row, and now his contract is running out, so expecting to sign him. Was lucky to end up with the CL spot in the end, as I only won one of my last 5 matches and scored like 3 goals lol, luckily both City and Southampton decided to be almost as shit and not catch up to me.

Nicely done.

10th Liverpool
11th Tottenham

FM had always knows.

Go_Ly_Dow

I watched that new sonic game sped run on twitch, and it was very enjoyable. Highlights was the red roided up Sonic running around yelling "where's the minors", as the guy playing was glitching through levels and the sound sonic and his mental friends made when they drown.

Can't help but feel every single person that buys Sonic games these days, gets something sexual out of them.

There's nothing more creepy than a NeoGaffer who purchases modern sonic games

Nicely done.

10th Liverpool
11th Tottenham

FM had always knows.

Liverpool are now managed by Ronny Deila (yes the one at Celtic) and Spurs has been taken over by Unal Emery, who for some reason consistently play Lamela up front and ignores Benteke.
Wj5WlpD.png

Also Conte is at Arsenal.
iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

Scum

Liverpool are now managed by Ronny Deila (yes the one at Celtic) and Spurs has been taken over by Unal Emery, who for some reason consistently play Lamela up front and ignores Benteke.
Wj5WlpD.png

Also Conte is at Arsenal.
iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

Well, at least Ade isn't in charge. 😒
I need to start playing it too.

Louis van Gaal says Danny Welbeck was good enough only to be a Manchester United substitute

"I don’t have to prove that [I was right]," Van Gaal said. "Why do I have to prove that? I have already said what I think – he was not a line-up player, he was more a substitute than a line-up player.

"He was already, with different coaches, not a line-up player, but then with Mr Van Gaal, the world is changing? No, the world is not changing. They are the facts. They are not my facts, they are the facts of Danny Welbeck and we have [Robin] Van Persie and we had Wilson, and when you keep Welbeck, then you don’t give any chance to youngsters and that is our philosophy.

"And then also we could buy Falcao. When that is not enough reason then I don’t know what is – then I’m not a very good manager."

While Van Gaal conceded that Welbeck has benefited from the opportunity afforded to him by Wenger, the United manager insists it is too early to judge whether he was right or wrong to let him leave.

"For Welbeck, it was a very good decision because as a line-up player, he develops himself much more," Van Gaal said. "And if it was the right decision for Manchester United, it is dependable on how we play, how we score and in what position we shall finish in the league.

"But after that you cannot say it is a very good decision or not because we are in another process to Arsenal. They have a manager who has been there for 18 years and the playing style in 18 years is the same, so that is very different. Here, Welbeck doesn’t play every match. Mostly he doesn’t play."

Scum

Finally got of my lazy arse and watched The Raid & The Raid 2. Dear Lord! 😍😍😍

Topped it off with Guardians of the Galaxy and Blade Runner: Final Cut. Days of Future Past is next.

The funny thing about us selling Welbeck is that I have no problem with selling him, I don't think he'll end up being a great player, just a decent one.

What I do have a problem with is selling him to a top 4 rival whose sole first team striker had a long term injury at the time. If we hadn't sold him to them on deadline day it would've caused them a lot of issues this season having to stick with Sanogo. I just think we missed a trick there and could've put them in a lot of shit by not selling him to them.

NilaDebila

Neo Member
As a longtime lurker posting here feels like losing my virginity. High pulse, little satisfaction. But it has to happen sometime I guess.

The next OP (who will it be?) can write me up as an Ajax/Arsenal-supporter, although I'm enjoying the dramatic entrance of Blind and 'gouwen pik' van Gaal at Manchester United as well. I'm curious as to how Van Gaal's interviews are regarded by you guys. I feel that in every interview he is very down-to-earth and logical, and enjoy watching them a lot (the weekly Van Gaal press conferences get broadcasted here in the Netherlands). He manages to expose the stupidity of the questions most interviewers dare ask his Gaalness very well. Or is my opinion wrong?

Scum

As a longtime lurker posting here feels like losing my virginity. High pulse, little satisfaction. But it has to happen sometime I guess.

The next OP (who will it be?) can write me up as an Ajax/Arsenal-supporter, although I'm enjoying the dramatic entrance of Blind and 'gouwen pik' van Gaal at Manchester United as well. I'm curious as to how Van Gaal's interviews are regarded by you guys. I feel that in every interview he is very down-to-earth and logical, and enjoy watching them a lot (the weekly Van Gaal press conferences get broadcasted here in the Netherlands). He manages to expose the stupidity of the questions most interviewers dare ask his Gaalness very well. Or is my opinion wrong?

Welcome!

wedward

It's the philosophy.

Finally got of my lazy arse and watched The Raid & The Raid 2. Dear Lord! 😍😍😍

Topped it off with Guardians of the Galaxy and Blade Runner: Final Cut. Days of Future Past is next.

All awesome films, especially Guardians, BR and The Raid <3

jtb

Banned
Blade Runner is a bland film.

The funny thing about us selling Welbeck is that I have no problem with selling him, I don't think he'll end up being a great player, just a decent one.

What I do have a problem with is selling him to a top 4 rival whose sole first team striker had a long term injury at the time. If we hadn't sold him to them on deadline day it would've caused them a lot of issues this season having to stick with Sanogo. I just think we missed a trick there and could've put them in a lot of shit by not selling him to them.

Yeah, the thought of our season without even Welbeck is fucking horrifying

don't mind seeing Sanogo but he just can't be relied upon, at all

K1LLER7

I think we are going to lose tomorrow. Chris Smalling is gonna put in a defensive masterclass on how not to defend, getting himself sent off again.

Hope we see Herrera.

Welbeck and Sanogo make no difference when Sanchez is constantly carrying that Arsenal team.

Blade Runner is a bland film.

It isn't bland. Certainly and demonstrably not.

But I sympathise with those that find the movie very slow and meandering, expecting something different. Even though the production design, atmosphere and philosophical depth are excellent, I can see why people wouldn't like it because it certainly holds itself out as some sort of an action sci-fi and it simply is not that in any way or form.

If you go into it expecting a noir set in a cyber-punk future, then you're going to enjoy it and appreciate it a lot more.

jtb

Banned
blade runner barely has a plot. I guess we don't get much noir sci-fi so it's a bit novel, but as sci-fi, it's quite tame, safe. as noir, it's pretty boilerplate. if you're just taking it as an audio-visual experience, it's fucking gorgeous, but as storytelling, it's dull.

though it is amusing how ridley scott can't stop figuring out new ways to ruin his own movie.

alien is a masterpiece, blade runner is a decent, but pretty forgettable film.

Absolute idiot that bloke.

Smalling.jpg

"See the Smalling in his natural environment, a slowly comprehending face forms, he perceives his positional error moments too late, and knowing that a poorly mis-timed tackle will mean his dismissal from the field of play, he will nonetheless unflinchingly follow his ill-judgment to its logical conclusion."

/David Attenborough

jtb

Banned
I'm pretty much convinced at this point that ridley scott has never had a fucking clue what he's doing, either. he and christian bale are people that I just take for granted that they're super talented, despite the fact that they haven't done anything half-decent in fucking ages... I want Exodus to be good, but it's looking worse with each trailer

it looks way more robin hood than kingdom of heaven....

Top Bottom