• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

wedward

Wenger said:
If you go out tomorrow you will see that everybody looks for the same positions everywhere. It’s not as simple as it looks.

In January it makes it even more difficult because players are even less available than in June or July. But we will try to be creative and have one or two good ideas.

ONE OR TWO GOOD IDEAS.

New Star Wars seems and sounds boring. More empire shit (zzzz), old actors brought back from the grave, tatooine again after it's been in 3 films. If it gets decent scores I might be interested, but I'd rather something totally new than a direct sequel.

It'll probably look nice though.

We know next to nothing about the actual plot.

Elchele

New Star Wars seems and sounds boring. More empire shit (zzzz), old actors brought back from the grave, tatooine again after it's been in 3 films. If it gets decent scores I might be interested, but I'd rather something totally new than a direct sequel.

It'll probably look nice though.

All we have seen is a fucking teaser :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Advert for Michael Ball's new album, looking like a fat Bronn, sitting on a bench, singing out a window, leaning against a wall.

thank you michael bolton
from people who don't fucking know what to get their grandmother every christmas

Hixx

Trailer didn't really do it for me. I don't like Abrams style and it fucking reeked of it. Which is disappointing.

But then again I love Star Wars so much I will watch it dozens of times no doubt. I genuinely couldn't tell you how many times I watched Episode 2, even. Then compare that with the other 5.

Hixx

I think I saw Episode 3 at the cinema about four times.

My Grandad fell asleep on two visits
l1x61OA.png

bud

prequels:

the first was one was really bad
never finished the second one
third one was not entirely bad for a one-time watch

Bold One

I think is Abrams' style is exactly the jolt the Star Wars franchise needs to kick it back to life,

that teaser put into sharp relief just how dull and bland Lucas' style of film making is,

every shot of the teaser was like a piece of concept art

Esch

Banned
Henry wants to do stuff for the gunners

The French striker, who netted 228 goals during his two spells with the club, suggests he has unfinished business to complete. He is "certain" he will remain in football—be it as coach, pundit or official—but also admitted his other goal is to bring the famous trophy to the Emirates, as reported by ESPN.co.uk: "Another thing is certain: I would like to see Arsenal win the Champions League. Whether I see that from afar or up close is not up to me, but it's sure that I would like to help, because it's my club and as a player I wasn't able to bring them the Champions League."

Henry continued by saying, "I'm at home in England. My 'Home Sweet Home' is London. My club is Arsenal. When I left the club, a little part of me died. I cried, and that doesn't happen to me often, even when I was a child."

cool and good

I'm not even sure where star wars fans rank on the worst fan base scale anymore, somewhere in between nintendo (highest) and sonic (still annoying, but somewhat hilarious as they are just crazy and probably have a sonic love doll they cum on)... Hmmm probably somewhere in the middle right next to Liverpool supporters. "Oh my god, did you see the blatant christianity with the new lightsaber?!"

Wilbur

Banned
You know what I don't get

How much some people seem to hate the very notion of CGI when it comes to Star Wars and then they cream their knickers over the last half hour of Avengers

It might be a tad disingenuous, but I've seen a few comments that are disappointed that the final Falcon shot is CGI at all... Internet pls calm down or I'll chop off your purple womb sabers with my Christian light sword

Hixx

I'm not even sure where star wars fans rank on the worst fan base scale anymore, somewhere in between nintendo (highest) and sonic (still annoying, but somewhat hilarious as they are just crazy and probably have a sonic love doll they cum on)... Hmmm probably somewhere in the middle right next to Liverpool supporters. "Oh my god, did you see the blatant christianity with the new lightsaber?!"

I stopped going into the thread when I saw that post.

3 months of Spotify for £9.99... don't mind if I do.

jtb

Banned
You know what I don't get

How much some people seem to hate the very notion of CGI when it comes to Star Wars and then they cream their knickers over the last half hour of Avengers

It might be a tad disingenuous, but I've seen a few comments that are disappointed that the final Falcon shot is CGI at all... Internet pls calm down or I'll chop off your purple womb sabers with my Christian light sword

I agree. Joss Whedon belongs with prequel-era Lucas in the "I am a terrible writer and director and am incompetent at all facets of my job" category.

jtb

Banned
episode one had that virgin birth subplot so it's not like christ-like imagery is anything new to star wars. or any movie, ever, for that matter

Esch

Banned
I agree. Joss Whedon belongs with prequel-era Lucas in the "I am a terrible writer and director and am incompetent at all facets of my job" category.
:lol I hate whedon as much as the next man for the cornball lines but this is pretty harsh

Yeah it is interesting, although it doesn't put enough emphasis on what Liverpool achieved last season, and sidesteps achievements like Atletico's.

And of course, more crucially, how data goes completely against Sohois'.

:lol:lol

I've been meaning to dig up Sohois's analysis of why Liverpool's signings would end up superior to United's.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

:lol what is this shit

:lol

Literally just finished reading that article. Not quite what he says...

RVP is still gonna start tmrw you know. No way Van Gaal puts him on blast citing low confidence and then drops him.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

Literally just finished reading that article. Not quite what he says...

RVP is still gonna start tmrw you know. No way Van Gaal puts him on blast citing low confidence and then drops him.

Oh yeah, agreed. Likely he's looking for a reaction. If he doesn't get it, then maybe it's time to drop.

This is what he actually says:

‘Rooney is at the top level,’ he said. ‘The other day I was talking to my friend and I said, “Rooney and me understand each other, just like Messi and me in the Argentina squad, or Cristiano at Real Madrid”. I get on really well with Rooney, we get together on the pitch to kick the ball about, to do things. He’s a spectacular player and he’s one of the top players in the game.'

Top Bottom