• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Meier

Aguero's tally of 64 goals is the third-highest haul to have been produced by a player after 100 BPL appearances, putting the City No 9 behind Alan Shearer, the all-time record goalscorer, who struck 79 goals after 100 appearances, and Ruud van Nistelrooy, who managed 68 for Manchester United in the same period.

K1zemaC.png

Guess they just decided to include Rooney for good measure. He isn't 6th on this chart if comparing against everyone else.

why is there a photo of Slizz at the end of it?

Has Slizz ever posted a photo of himself?

Blablurn

When I saw the Star Wars Trailer for the first time I didnt even know the dude is a stormtrooper :lol

The whole discussion about him being black is such a stupid discussion. Why do people seriously make a thing out of that? I don't get humanity sometimes.

noal

Banned
When I saw the Star Wars Trailer for the first time I didnt even know the dude is a stormtrooper :lol

The whole discussion about him being black is such a stupid discussion. Why do people seriously make a thing out of that? I don't get humanity sometimes.

Its a bizarre world we live in indeed.

jesalr

K1zemaC.png

Guess they just decided to include Rooney for good measure. He isn't 6th on this chart if comparing against everyone else.

Has Slizz ever posted a photo of himself?

Not sure why he's included, but Rooney is the only one of those whose first 100 PL league games were his first 100 league games. That's assuming they're only counting PL games, and not top level English league games (since Shearer and Cole played before the PL was a thing)

Wilbur

Banned

The only point of contention with that for me was that I wasn't sure if all the storm troopers were Jango Fett clones

But then that would make them Polynesian anyway and not white

So

Racists are weird

noal

Banned

People are surprised about a black stormtrooper

And in Germany an innocent girl dies because she wanted to help people.

Seriously.

What the fuck?

It truly feels like civilization as a whole takes one step forward and two steps back. Sometimes what you see in the news and read in the papers is hard to comprehend.

Simple empathy for others would solve a lot of the worlds ills.

jesalr

People are surprised about a black stormtrooper

And in Germany an innocent girl dies because she wanted to help people.

Seriously.

What the fuck?

I get the surprise. Stormtroopers are clones of Jango Fett. I don't get why people give that much of a shit though, it's a movie about magic men, green midgets, and swords made or lights.

inky

We are not even sure he is a storm trooper or he's in disguise or any other context for that scene, so the complaints are even worse if they can't even take that into account or look that far. Any excuse to be racist I guess.

But even the, the whole "all storm troopers are clones" idea is one of the stupidest things Lucas came up with anyway and I wish it was forgotten and buried.

FootballFan

against the grain is best but prob not worth it :lol ingrown hair is a bitch

It's good but it takes a while since you need to go - with the grain, semi against the grain, then fully against the grain.

Get an extra day of not having to shave and in my experience, no ingrown hair.

Just ingrown big toenail :(

noal

Banned
I had a damaged hair follicle in a very sensitive place once. Was off work for a week with a sanitary towel on.

That is all.

Elchele

The only point of contention with that for me was that I wasn't sure if all the storm troopers were Jango Fett clones

So

Racists are weird

I think he isn't a stormtrooper anyway, he's dressed as one for some reason we will discover in the film.

Scum

So

Racists are weird

He's Rebel scum. He's found out disguised as a Storm Trooper, he's cover is blown. He makes off in a TIE fighter, shot down just before the Millenium Falcon comes to his aid.

Bold One

We are not even sure he is a storm trooper or he's in disguise or any other context for that scene, so the complaints are even worse if they can't even take that into account or look that far. Any excuse to be racist I guess.

But even the, the whole "all storm troopers are clones" idea is one of the stupidest things Lucas came up with anyway and I wish it was forgotten and buried.

Worst part is, the clones were polynesian in the prequels but had the trailer opened with a white guy, no one would give a fuck

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I don't care about the racists because they're racists, I'm sure we'll get a shit movie anyway.

WJD

Wish my beard was more even around my cheeks but other than that it's okay so long as I keep it under control.

Would love a Xabi.

Nicktendo86

I get the surprise. Stormtroopers are clones of Jango Fett. I don't get why people give that much of a shit though, it's a movie about magic men, green midgets, and swords made or lights.
No, they are not. Clone troopers were clones of Jango, stormtroopers are recruited humans who have signed up to the empire. They have evolved from the army that Palpatine made but are not the same. 20 years passed since the clone wars and the clones had advanced aging, they would all be dead by the time of the original star wars film.

It's a pedantic but important point which makes the complaints of a black stormtrooper really stupid. Its sheer racism and I for one am happy a black man is the new male lead of star wars and hope it pisses off as many racist fucks as possible.

And in case anyone wonders he is *spoiler*
[a stormtrooper who decides to defect

Storm Troopers became diluted as time went on, some of the Jango Fett originals remained but the Galactic Empire basically started cloning off variants and started enlisting humans as they needed to expand their forces for various wars.

No, they are not. Clone troopers were clones of Jango, stormtroopers are recruited humans who have signed up to the empire. They have evolved from the army that Palpatine made but are not the same. 20 years passed since the clone wars and the clones had advanced aging, they would all be dead by the time of the original star wars film.

It's a pedantic but important point which makes the complaints of a black stormtrooper really stupid. Its sheer racism and I for one am happy a black man is the new male lead of star wars and hope it pisses off as many racist fucks as possible.

And in case anyone wonders he is *spoiler*
[a stormtrooper who decides to defect

Exactly. Any major fan would know this. As usual, racists, sexists, etc. claim to be purists to further their agenda.

3Sixty

Remember what i said earlier about youth football meaning nothing?

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 29 minutes ago

90+1: At last! @lloyd_isgrove and @hesketh_jake combine to tee up @Ryan_Seager, who slots home a late goal! #saintsfcu21s [1-0]

I TAKE IT ALL BACK

Watched a bit of the game too. Battered 'em

Wilbur

Banned
Saw interstellar again in the imax. Liked it even more now I wasn't just focusing on the plot. McConaughey is so good.

Now off to my work Christmas party in brighton.

Top Bottom