• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

El Topo

Bud pls.

MOTM in CL final.
Arguably Madrid's most important player after Ronaldo last season.

He was absolutely incredible last season. Deserves his place up there.

If he was so important, why is Madrid playing so well without him?
You took our Kroos. :(

pulga

Banned
colombiagoal3.gif

robin-van-persie-flying-header-against-netherlands-a.gif

Roche's goal is the best IMO, although obv playing numerous levels below the others.

I prefer RVP's just because you don't see a goal like that so often.

Meier

Wow. Brahimi won the African Player of the Year from the BBC. That's really kind of silly given that he's more or less only shone in a few games in the UCL but that's cool that a fairly surprising selection was made.

Doyen Sports basically acquired almost all of his rights for free in exchange for taking less cash up front from the Mangala sale. He'll probably go somewhere for €30-40m in a few years.

Wow. Brahimi won the African Player of the Year from the BBC. That's really kind of silly given that he's more or less only shone in a few games in the UCL but that's cool that a fairly surprising selection was made.

Doyen Sports basically acquired almost all of his rights for free in exchange for taking less cash up front from the Mangala sale. He'll probably go somewhere for €30-40m in a few years.

I'll admit I never watch Porto, but his wiki seems pretty unremarkable aside from that 4-goal performance against Bate, who are probably the worst team in the CL

He's left prospect age as well :p

pulga

Banned
Re: Di Maria, he was absolutely vital to us last season, but I do agree we don't seem to be missing him at all. In fact, we've been playing the best football I've seen Madrid play in probably my whole life, evidenced by our shiny, new 16-win streak record <3

James + Isco/Modric + Kroos just give us an outstanding possession play, coupled with the best in the world counterattacks.

Motherfuckers need to rest though, whole team looks TIRED.

KidJr

I appreciate I'm probably looking through biased eyes but do people rat RvPs header better than his Volley against Charlton?

I still dont think I've seen a better volley in my life.

Re: Di Maria, he was absolutely vital to us last season, but I do agree we don't seem to be missing him at all. In fact, we've been playing the best football I've seen Madrid play in probably my whole life, evidenced by our shiny, new 16-win streak record <3

James + Isco + Kroos just give us an outstanding possession play, coupled with the best in the world counterattacks.

Motherfuckers need to rest though, whole team looks TIRED.

Got a dead rubber against Ludogorets, and like 3 weeks til the winter break no?

edit: He shinned the Charlton volley, which matters to me tbh

pulga

Banned
Got a dead rubber against Ludogorets, and like 3 weeks til the winter break no?

edit: He shinned the Charlton volley, which matters to me tbh

Don't forget the Club World Cup.

It's a matter of time before someone else breaks ;_;

At least Jese is poised to return next match hnnngggggggggggg

Ah, forgot about that

Yeah, not ideal. Would you rather give it a miss? Even if you don't win it, everyone knows you're the best team in it :p

Also, loan us Jese while he works his way back to fitness pls

pulga

Banned
Ah, forgot about that

Yeah, not ideal. Would you rather give it a miss? Even if you don't win it, everyone knows you're the best team in it :p

Fuck no, I want that damn badge :D

I need the home or black kit with the 10 CLs on the sleeve and CWC badge square on the chest hnnnggggggggggggggg

gonna be at least 150 euros ;_;

arkon

Is it lame to think the universe of Warhammer 40k is pretty cool, even if I don't like the tabletop stuff? I find the factions and aesthetics pretty interesting, might get one of the books

I think quite a few people hold that view. Nothing lame about it. Probably why their Black Library line has been successful for them. Tap into that part of the market that likes the universe but not the tabletop gaming aspect.

Facism

Calling all players of the Souls series! Need your help with something work related.

Can you list me some renowned players within the community. Particularly those that are big on social media, streaming etc.

Those that the community recognise as some of the most accomplished players.

Appreciate it lads.

onlyafro :3

Is it lame to think the universe of Warhammer 40k is pretty cool, even if I don't like the tabletop stuff? I find the factions and aesthetics pretty interesting, might get one of the books

The lamest thing is how much the figures cost. I remember when they went lead-free and were talking up how it was cheaper to manufacture whilst at the same time putting prices up. I'd love an approximation of the tabletop game on PC or something, but they'd probably F2P microtransaction it up the arse.

Facism

anyone looking forward to a week of severe overhype and disappointment regarding Playstation's 20th anniversary?

Carlo has already announced rotations. I'm willing to bet Kroos, Isco and a few of our defenders will be rotated out. James and Ronaldo will also see more of the bench with Jese returning. Chicha or Khedira will likely sub-in sooner for Benzema.

We need the rotation, January is an exceptionally hard month for us. Carlo knows what's up, in him we trust.

Bold One

anyone looking forward to a week of severe overhype and disappointment regarding Playstation's 20th anniversary?

Had to leave that thread, a lot of sensitive people whipping themselves into a frenzy. Any attempt to sober them up and they will turn on you.

My suggestion, just watch from a distance with popcorn because one way or another, its gonna go off

Top Bottom