• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Meier

Think this is the first time I've ever seen Yaya's wife pictured. He was not having it:

EzIf1T8.png

GorillaJu

There is some pretty exciting unannounced stuff from SCE WWS that hasn't leaked out, though I have absolutely no clue if it's showing up at the PS event. That's all I'll say.

wedward

I really don't see the point in creating a top 100 players list.

What is the difference between 84 and 63, or 96 and 79? Especially considering some of those players have wildly different roles in a team.

Help me understand

I give that post 6.8

Blind ahead of Ramsey.

Really has ruined my day.

wedward

I haven't watched Arsenal much this year but Ramsey's production has really nosedived. Is he playing well and just not getting the stats he managed last year or how has he done?

At the beginning of the season I mainly blamed it on the fact that Wenger had moved him from his best position and he was playing alongside Jack in a 4141. He was playing too advanced and wasn't really dominating midfield the way he did last year. Ozil, Jack and Ramsey all were occupying the same space.

He also hasn't been keeping it simple. I think after last season he is trying to score too often. He needs to stop shooting from outside the box. Last season the goals came naturally because he was dominating in the midfield and it allowed him to get into good positions.

With Jack and Arteta out he should return to his best position and hopefully his form will return. Even with this bad spell I still rate him higher than Blind.

The whole team has been playing like shit so I definitely think that has affected his game as well. He linked up really well with Ozil and Giroud last season. He doesn't seem to have the same understanding with Alexis and Welbeck yet.

K1LLER7

At the beginning of the season I mainly blamed it on the fact that Wenger had moved him from his best position and he was playing alongside Jack in a 4141. He was playing too advanced and wasn't really dominating midfield the way he did last year. Ozil, Jack and Ramsey all were occupying the same space.

He also hasn't been keeping it simple. I think after last season he is trying to score too often. He needs to stop shooting from outside the box. Last season the goals came naturally because he was dominating in the midfield and it allowed him to get into good positions.

With Jack and Arteta out he should return to his best position and hopefully his form will return. Even with this bad spell I still rate him higher than Blind.

The whole team has been playing like shit so I definitely think that has affected his game as well. He linked up really well with Ozil and Giroud last season. He doesn't seem to have the same understanding with Alexis and Welbeck yet.
Blind has been better this season m8.

Blind for Baloon Door.

bud

ramsey's been a bit unfortunate--his injuries aren't helping-- but i do see flashes of the player that he was last season, not in terms of goals obviously, but there are moments here and there which lead me to believe that last season wasn't a fluke. giroud's return will help him out a lot--his hold-up play suits him much better than welbeck's playing style.

K1LLER7

United v Stoke tomorrow.

Should/Have to beat them. Hopefully its another good performance like vs Hull.

Start with the same team and formation, replacing Di Maria with Herrera. However, because its only been 2 days since the last game, I could see Louie making some changes.

Fellaini will need to have another good game and throw some elbows.

wedward

ramsey's been a bit unfortunate--his injuries aren't helping-- but i do see flashes of the player that he was last season, not in terms of goals obviously, but there are moments here and there which lead me to believe that last season wasn't a fluke. giroud's return will help him out a lot--his hold-up play suits him much better than welbeck's playing style.

I'm not too worried about the goal because they will eventually come.

Really hope he can get back to being dominant in the midfield. His tackling and passing last season were great. We are really missing that right now.

I think Holland's WC2014 campaign will be the career highlight of most involved.

I would hope not.

jtb

Banned
Very interested to see the stats on how many goals Ramsey scored outside the box last season. I would be willing to bet very very few, if any. He scored goals last season because of his running, so he would always find himself in the right-place, right-time, whether to be the final man forward or get the rebound.

United v Stoke tomorrow.

Start with the same team and formation, replacing Di Maria with Herrera. However, because its only been 2 days since the last game, I could see Louie making some changes.

No need for elbows

1355614937064.gif

K1LLER7

Blind's assist for RVP in the World Cup will be his career highlight.
What a glorious one it was. Ramsey should watch and learn.

Forget Ramsey.

It's all about The Ox.

bud

I'm not too worried about the goal because they will eventually come.

Really hope he can get back to being dominant in the midfield. His tackling and passing last season were great. We are really missing that right now.

these players are injured so damn often that every time they make their return, they need time to get back to their level. but i do think he'll get back there, eventually. even now that he isn't playing that well, you can still see he's a lot more composed than before the 13/14 season.

What a glorious one it was. Ramsey should watch and learn.

Forget Ramsey.

It's all about The Ox.

ox is fun to watch, but he should get more out of his dribbles: assists. goals.

K1LLER7

No need for elbows

1355614937064.gif
Looool

Such a dirty player. One you would hate if he wasn't on your team.

I'm glad he's doing well for us this season, he adds a bit of a much needed bite to our midfield and is good to use as an outlet if plan A doesn't work, but he still needs to use the ball a bit better. No idea if LVG will stick with Fellaini or go with Herrera in future games.

United v Stoke tomorrow.

We haven't had many games this season, the players should be fresh enough.

Saints isn't for another week almost anyway. Same team pls.

K1LLER7

these players are injured so damn often that every time they make their return, they need time to get back to their level. but i do think he'll get back there, eventually. even now that he isn't playing that well, you can still see he's a lot more composed than before the 13/14 season.

ox is fun to watch, but he should get more out of his dribbles: assists. goals.
Agreed. He's a very good dribbler and can burst past most players, but his final ball/decision making is lacking. From an England pov, I'd not want Wenger to drop him when other players return from injury.

Scum

Well to be fair, it's not like our threads full of fucking ballon d'or discussions are justified either. Not even gaming side cares that much about their award shows.

Wooden, pls. At least we're all well aware of the shite we talk about in here. #Banter

K1LLER7

We haven't had many games this season, the players should be fresh enough.

Saints isn't for another week almost anyway. Same team pls.
Hope so. Watched LVGs pressC where he's complaining about fixtures/xmas period. He mentioned something about playing 2 strikers but I'm not sure if he meant bringing 1 off from the bench like vs Hull.

Esch

Banned
No, Costa is way more likeable than Fellaini. At least he scores goals, and you can turn him into nice emoticons. Fellaini is a piece of poop.

Go_Ly_Dow

------------DeGod------------

Raf Smalling Rojo Young

---------- Carrick----------

Mata Herrera Januzaj

------------Rooney-------------

----------- Falcao-----------

Subs: Wilson, Fellaini, Mcnair, RVP, Valencia, Lindgaard, Anderson

What would you do guys prefer, to get head-butted or bitten on the back.

It depends, if it's bitten by someone like Suarez then probably head butted. Don't know what diseases he might hold. But now if I could get the option to get bitten by someone like Pelle, then it wouldn't be too bad, might actually be enjoyable.

Darker

Banned
What kind of relationship do brothers generally have in football?

Did the Nevilles get on? Do the Toures ever speak to each other? The Hazards, Wright-Phillips, Ferdinands, etc etc?

Turn the sport you love into a melodrama for my mild amusement.

jts

...hate me...
Also, Sony's megaton is a lie. There is no PlayStation IP worth such a word, the biggest one is Uncharted and Uncharted 4 is already announced.

Bring some random IP from the past -> it will suck.
Wipeout -> okay it will be nice and visually spectacular but it still wouldn't be a megaton.
The Last Guardian -> meh.
FFVII remake -> this guy are sick.
New IP announcement -> why would it be megaton worthy?

Fucking Sony and Sony fandom.

jts

...hate me...
It depends, if it's bitten by someone like Suarez then probably head butted. Don't know what diseases he might hold. But now if I could get the option to get bitten by someone like Pelle, then it wouldn't be too bad, might actually be enjoyable.
It's just that a head butt can be so much more dangerous and it's also not a football move (at least if a ball isn't there), it's just a plain aggression so I still don't understand the duality of how a head but or a elbow to the face is just considered normal and will get a "football-y" punishment of one or two games at most while a bite can have people crying for life bans.

FootballFan

Did the Nevilles get on? Do the Toures ever speak to each other? The Hazards, Wright-Phillips, Ferdinands, etc etc?

The Boatengs h8 each other

Thorgan Hazard is often at the stadium watching Chelsea, despite being loaned out to Gladbach, they seem to get along quite well and will want to play together at some point. The third brother Kylian Hazard is also often there, he's not owned by Chelsea
yet
though.

At Copenhagen we used to have two twins playing on the team (Michael Johansen and Martin Johansen who went to Bolton and Coventry afterwards). Was way too young to remember much about them though, other than they played damn well together! They were ginger as fuck though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Really hope Falcao starts tomorrow, I want him to get in form, want to see what all the hype is about.

FootballFan

Also, Sony's megaton is a lie. There is no PlayStation IP worth such a word, the biggest one is Uncharted and Uncharted 4 is already announced.

1. Bring some random IP from the past -> it will suck.
2. Wipeout -> okay it will be nice and visually spectacular but it still wouldn't be a megaton.
3. The Last Guardian -> meh.
4. FFVII remake -> this guy are sick.
5. New IP announcement -> why would it be megaton worthy?

Fucking Sony and Sony fandom.

1. We don't know that. It could be brilliant. Or it could be shit.
2. Kinda agree.
3. Definitely not "meh" - maybe to you though.
4. Agreed
5. It depends what it is, could be incredible could be shite looking.

Basically, what I am saying, is we don't know anything. That is why insiders like Kyoufu come out and tease people. This is why hype exists.

As easily as the announcements could be amazing, they can be shit. But you can't say one way or another it will be shit or amazing as we don't know, only Kyoufu does.

2. Kinda agree.
4. Agreed

Basically, what I am saying, is we don't know anything. That is why insiders like Kyoufu come out and tease people. This is why hype exists.

As easily as the announcements could be amazing, they can be shit. But you can't say one way or another it will be shit or amazing as we don't know, only Kyoufu does.

#fuckkyoufu

jts

...hate me...
2. Kinda agree.
4. Agreed

Fair enough.

But it's hard for me to believe Sony's lies anymore. Where is my PS+ Driveclub? Sony plsssssssss.

I'm just being extremely cynical.

But there's one IP from that past that would get my pants wet.

Destruction

DERBY

OH BABY

Top Bottom