• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Bold One

so does messi

j6fKO2y.png

Salvadora

I really don't see the point in creating a top 100 players list.

What is the difference between 84 and 63, or 96 and 79? Especially considering some of those players have wildly different roles in a team.

Help me understand

I give that post 6.8

L1NETT

I really don't see the point in creating a top 100 players list.

What is the difference between 84 and 63, or 96 and 79? Especially considering some of those players have wildly different roles in a team.

Help me understand

I give that post 6.8

same as any sportladbiblecunt list of that ilk

clicks

jts

...hate me...
Wow. Brahimi won the African Player of the Year from the BBC. That's really kind of silly given that he's more or less only shone in a few games in the UCL but that's cool that a fairly surprising selection was made.

Doyen Sports basically acquired almost all of his rights for free in exchange for taking less cash up front from the Mangala sale. He'll probably go somewhere for €30-40m in a few years.
He has shone all season, the Portuguese League games should also be considered valid for appreciation.

And Porto actually have a buyback option for his rights. 8m or something like that. Not sure if it's for the full 80% that Doyen have or 55% out of that.

I'll admit I never watch Porto, but his wiki seems pretty unremarkable aside from that 4-goal performance against Bate, who are probably the worst team in the CL

He's left prospect age as well :p
You should watch then. Guy is pure talent. He was hidden in Granada, and even I was weirded out when Porto's Facebook was basically invaded by Algerians when we bought the guy, but damn. He's one of those that even Benfica fans admit is good even after having played just a few matches, and that's something.

Just a case of been living a hidden career in the wrong clubs until now.

Clegg

BBC Radio 5 live ‏@bbc5live 4m4 minutes ago
Barnes: Gerrard could play in any position, he's the complete midfielder. He's just in a team that's lacking confidence. #MNC

I've noticed that there's always been a reluctance to criticise top level players who're nearing the end of their careers. Wish they'd just call a spade a spade and admit that Gerrard just isn't as good anymore.

L1NETT

I thought Bundesliga had low viewership numbers?

eh?

Best football culture and fan experience in the world

every league from here to timbuktu should copy the Bundesliga.

fake edit: my dumb dumb. He meant stream numbers or however the fuck you measure that. Oh well, point still stands. Effing love the Bundesliga.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
9 (10?) Juve players on FourFourTwo's list, bow down to Qindarka

Shouldn't be hard considering all the meaningful shit you've accomplished.

I bet your CV resembles the Old Testament.

Got him, ta mate.

Need a couple more.

There's another one on YouTube I'll get you his name tmw

He actually gets paid to make vids too or something, but all of them are lore related

Meier

No Monday Night Football this week? Lame. I figured there was just additional midweek games, not that it had been replaced this time. :(

The Bundesliga is the best and worst

Best for fan experience, worst for interest since Bayern dedicated themselves to not just overtaking Dortmund, but destroying them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No Monday Night Football this week? Lame. I figured there was just additional midweek games, not that it had been replaced this time. :(

Our U21s are playing yours tonight. First half just ended, Spurs 2-0 up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Where's Barzagli in that list? He's twice the player Bonucci is

And 1.5 Chiellini

Probably 100 x Caceres

Gambit

Best for fan experience, worst for interest since Bayern dedicated themselves to not just overtaking Dortmund, but destroying them.

Germans are thorough

But seriously, Bla, where did you read this latets bit of gossip? I've checked your usual haunts, tz, sport 1...

FootballFan

So it's Bayern's fault Dortmund are last? Don't make jokes mate.

Losing 1 or 2 players shouldn't mean they are now the worst team in the bundeslolga. Sure, they may not be able to win the title, might not come 2nd etc. But last? That's their fault and their fault only.

L1NETT

l1nnet

If Sheffield Wednesday became bankrupt and stopped existing. Would you start supporting a Bundesliga team?

aside from getting the wrong team (perhaps an attempt at humour) your point is pretty benign.

If Bradford City folded (which we are always on the verge of doing), then a new team, say Bradford Town or something would emerge in the Irn Brun 9th division. I support them. Can't change or start supporting new teams. Makes not a lick of sense.

See AFC Wimbledon for further reading.

El Topo

Losing 1 or 2 players shouldn't mean they are now the worst team in the bundeslolga. Sure, they may not be able to win the title, might not come 2nd etc. But last? That's their fault and their fault only.

What can I say? Bundeslolga is just that good.

When did I say that, you dingbat?

Look how far behind they've been from Munich the last seasons when they've finished second. That is not an interesting league from the outside. Its not Bayern's fault as such, and its up to the rest of the league to try and catch up, but that doesn't mean its not true.

The PL may well go the same way this year, but I can't see it becoming the status quo.

shit band, you probably love them you geriatric knobend

Jarnet87

Bayern dominate the league. Bayern get complacent and lose the title for a year/couple years. Bayern restock and dominate. This has been going on longer then I've been alive.

FootballFan

What band are we talking about here Hitcher.

aside from getting the wrong team (perhaps an attempt at humour) your point is pretty benign.

If Bradford City folded (which we are always on the verge of doing), then a new team, say Bradford Town or something would emerge in the Irn Brun 9th division. I support them. Can't change or start supporting new teams. Makes not a lick of sense.

See AFC Wimbledon for further reading.

It was an attempt at humour. Attempt.

Fair enough and understandable.

jesalr

That feeling when you shave off your beard then instantly regret it

I haven't been clean shaven in years, but the other day my trimmer goofed and said I was trimming to 6mm when it was actually set to 2mm. I don't like it, not one bit.
My round face needs a decent bit of facial hair to stop me from looking roughly 12

Wilbur

Banned
That RVP goal is sensational and a little different, but James's was sublime too.

I fucking love Kasami's. It just blew me away.

jts

...hate me...
I can't grow a beard. It just doesn't grow properly on the sides. One of the biggest woes in my life.

Still didn't stop me from not having shaved in the last month or so.

noal

Banned
That RVP goal is sensational and a little different, but James's was sublime too.

I fucking love Kasami's. It just blew me away.

RVP's was like something from the seventies; you just don't see those kind of goals anymore. And no, I don't remember the seventies, cheeky buggers.

James's was sensational technique and a cracking strike so either would be a worthy winner.

Top Bottom