• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Fuck :lol Kloppo is such a tragic figure now :lol surely he ought to shoulder some of the blame now? Or his staff at least? Their injury record has nothing to do with luck, it's a clear trend.

Yeah I was feeling bad for Klopp...

ibu2Pryc9YGNS7.gif

FORZA FRANKFURT

Phlebas

Banned
Ancelotti's Pre-Match Conference: Medrán is going to play against Cornellá and Jesé will feature in the second half. Medrán, Khedira, who is in good shape, and Illarra will start the game.

Fuck Ronaldo and Messi, give the award to the big German.

Edit:The Best Player in Europe Award by Shanks, has gone to Totti for a record 15th consecutive season.

Also, Sony's megaton is a lie. There is no PlayStation IP worth such a word, the biggest one is Uncharted and Uncharted 4 is already announced.

Bring some random IP from the past -> it will suck.
Wipeout -> okay it will be nice and visually spectacular but it still wouldn't be a megaton.
The Last Guardian -> meh.
FFVII remake -> this guy are sick.
New IP announcement -> why would it be megaton worthy?

Fucking Sony and Sony fandom.

:lol

Spiritual successor to two of the most critically lauded and well regarded games of all time, but because you're not bothered it wouldn't count as a megaton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts3-eBuaVqg

<3

My love for Totti is growing

Neuer is by far the best goal keeper on the planet and is redefining what a goalkeeper is. Both Messi and Ronaldo are in the same class as each other and there are loads of defenders and midfielders who are about the same.

Neuer is reaching a level of keeper that hasn't been seen since early Buffon. Neuer has no peers and deserves it more than anyone.

Blablurn

Nauer is by far the best goal keeper on the planet and is redefining what a goalkeeper is. Both Messi and Ronaldo are in the same class as each other and there are loads of defenders and midfielders who are about the same.

Neuer is reaching a level of keeper that hasn't been seen since early Buffon. Neuer has no peers and deserves it more than anyone.

Couldn't agree more <3

Madrid would have won the CL without Ronaldo.

Without Neuer Germany would have lost against Algeria in the WC.

Couldn't agree more <3

Madrid would have won the CL without Ronaldo.

The real shame is Lahm, because he is the most complete footballer in the game today and and the only other player I have seen effortless move from position to position is Zanetti.

Did anyone else become something of a Neuer convert because of his World Cup performances? Obviously I barely watch Bayern in the Bundesliga, so only really see him in CL knockout stages/games against English teams, and international tournaments. He was fucking ridiculous at the World Cup though. His presence was just incredible. Every cross easily handled, every savable shot saved, every through ball pounced on.

Basically everything you could want in a keeper, with added nonchalance

I've never heard Let It Go aside from the line itself in the song, and I'm already fucking sick of it.

Jack cw

Wow, I've just read the Klopp rant...
I'm pretty speechless. Never thought this whole downfall of BVB would be so personal to him and all the talk about Bayern, who are 0,0% involved into this is hilarious. There are obvious things with him and the way he handles the squad wrong. You are not last in the table because of bad luck. I somehow have the feeling he doesn't really know what's wrong or haven't realized it yet, that might explain the denial and rage and in no way he is a better coach than 2012. That was the last time he developed a playstyle that really let those mediocre players shine. The star was the system. Since then it's basically the same counter/counter pressing/ quick counter play with no progression and complete ignorance of who is playing there. Incredible.

Neuer is by far the best keeper of all time. He is basically what Messi is to a field player. He proves it every week and let's not forget how he saved us the CL final 2013 and his outstanding WC performance. But in the end, this award is marketing and CR7 is the biggest name out of the 3 right now.

Blablurn

The real shame is Lahm, because he is the most complete footballer in the game today and and the only other player I have seen effortless move from position to position is Zanetti.

Couldn't agree more. But Lahm is not flashy enough. Even in Germany he had his doubters until he won the World Cup. Many people just focused on his height. Even though he almost always delivers world class performances.

Anyway.

Did anyone else become something of a Neuer convert because of his World Cup performances? Obviously I barely watch Bayern in the Bundesliga, so only really see him in CL knockout stages/games against English teams, and international tournaments. He was fucking ridiculous at the World Cup though. His presence was just incredible. Every cross easily handled, every savable shot saved, every through ball pounced on.

Basically everything you could want in a keeper, with added nonchalance

I've never heard Let It Go aside from the line itself in the song, and I'm already fucking sick of it.

Yeah, many people only look at the Bayern games and see us winning 3 or 4:0. But in almost every game Neuer comes up with some crazy saves. Of course nobody sees them unless random Blablurn from Germany posts them on a messageboard lol

tumblr_nfun51jscB1rio24wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nfhvxhp4oZ1rrboavo10_250.gif

tumblr_nfawi5vBpN1tdiy29o2_500.gif

tumblr_neqm6qypLj1thrt71o1_500.gif

tumblr_neleezdBt61s9yadgo2_250.gif

and...

tumblr_ne8e1ycaZf1rio24wo3_500.gif

tumblr_ne8e1ycaZf1rio24wo4_500.gif

lol

Jack cw

I remember Louis van Gaal being strictly against Neuer, because Thomas Kraft was much better in his opinion. What a time to have him not as coach anymore.

Couldn't agree more. But Lahm is not flashy enough. Even in Germany he had his doubters until he won the World Cup. Many people just focused on his height. Even though he almost always delivers world class performances.

Anyway.

Yeah, many people only look at the Bayern games and see us winning 3 or 4:0. But in almost every game Neuer comes up with some crazy saves. Of course nobody sees them unless random Blablurn from Germany posts them on a messageboard lol

*many gifs

lol

Pfft

InstructiveSkeletalHuman.gif

How did it feel when GiantBomb mocked your accent? :p

Neuer is by far the best keeper of all time.

Err nope. Early Gigi would have him beat. Best shot stopper I have ever seen and so quick with his decision making. He was unbeatable at the world cup in 06 except for an OG and a penalty. He has also been one of the top keepers in the world consistently for 20 years!!!!

Jack cw

Err nope. Early Gigi would have him beat. Best shot stopper I have ever seen and so quick with his decision making. He was unbeatable at the world cup in 06 except for an OG and a penalty. He has also been one of the top keepers in the world consistently for 20 years!!!!

I agree with the stopper quality, but keeper play is obviously not only about saving some rockets on the line. The sheer amount of crosses he intercepted are pretty much easy goals against most other keepers. His ability to catch even impossible shots from short distance and catching high crosses and being able to handle the ball and pass it pitch perfect over 50+ yards is unique. I guess all that makes him the overall best keeper. Buffon and Kahn where maybe even better than him on the line though.

And Buffon had some of the best defenders at his time in front of him. Something Bayern or Schalke never had, maybe this years Bayern defence is decent but mostly it's Neuer who does the lions share of disabling the threat.

Blablurn

Jack. Klopp lost all my respect for him with those statements. I hope he will never become our coach.

They are him for a lecture and then he starts off insulting Bayern? Guess he didnt had much to offer anyway if he goes that route.

Maybe his style used to be funny at some point for some people but right now it just shows how hurt he is.

And I'm enjoying it.

Bold One

I feel bad for Klopp, to constantly have a vampire as veracious as Bayern constantly gorging on the neck of his team....

#fuckbayern

Jack cw

Jack. Klopp lost all my respect for him with those statements. I hope he will never become our coach.

They are him for a lecture and then he starts off insulting Bayern? Guess he didnt had much to offer anyway if he goes that route.

Maybe his style used to be funny at some point for some people but right now it just shows how hurt he is.

And I'm enjoying it.

I understand him though and his reaction makes him more human. He is a great coach and proved it. But this rant obviously went int the wrong direction and showed more of his inner insecurity than he might wanted. I have the feeling when I read all of this, that nobody in Dortmund really knows what is wrong. He still talks about "injuries", "bad referee decisions" and "unlucky conceded goals" but has absolutely not realized that those "problems" are a result of a way bigger problem.

It's his nature to say something rude and insulting because he is hurt, but it doesn't help the situtation. I also guess his ego can't handle the fact that he's being outcoached by so many other coaches right now and is to pride to change to more defensive tactics, the tactics of the weak. But look at the squad. His best player injured, his best defenders making mistakes out of insecurity, his creative midfield is obviously not knowing what it's doing. All the misses from Mhkitaryan and his unability to play clear passes, the complete helplessness of Kagawa is all made by Klopp. He still palys his 2011/12 tactics as if Götze, Lewandowski and Kagawa in his best form are still there. BVB sold or laoned many young and creative talents and the squad he has left now is partially out of form and overwhelemed with the tactics because of their inability to play it. And the fact that they all wont accept that they have to play against relegation because they still think about Champions League.

I just hope Pep extends for another 3 years at Bayern, and what he says makes me pretty confident that he does and the matter Klopp will never be something here at Bayern.
I feel bad for Klopp, to constantly have a vampire as veracious as Bayern constantly gorging on the neck of his team....

#fuckbayern

Still amazed that this misconception exists.
United stole their playmaker Kagawa.
Sahin left for Real Madrid.
Gündogan was already at Real Madrid but his injury made the deal impossible.
Bayern bought Götze because of a buyout clause.
Lewandowski played until the end of his contract for Dortmund and went to bayern as a free player, yet so many people think we destroyed them. Sad.

Blablurn

I understand him though and his reaction makes him more human. He is a great coach and proved it. But this rant obviously went int the wrong direction and showed more of his inner insecurity than he might wanted. I have the feeling when I read all of this, that nobody in Dortmund really knows what is wrong. He still talks about "injuries", "bad referee decisions" and "unlucky conceded goals" but has absolutely not realized that those "problems" are a result of a way bigger problem.

It's his nature to say something rude and insulting because he is hurt, but it doesn't help the situtation. I also guess his ego can't handle the fact that he's being outcoached by so many other coaches right now and is to pride to change to more defensive tactics, the tactics of the weak. But look at the squad. His best player injured, his best defenders making mistakes out of insecurity, his creative midfield is obviously not knowing what it's doing. All the misses from Mhkitaryan and his unability to play clear passes, the complete helplessness of Kagawa is all made by Klopp. He still palys his 2011/12 tactics as if Götze, Lewandowski and Kagawa in his best form are still there. BVB sold or laoned many young and creative talents and the squad he has left now is partially out of form and overwhelemed with the tactics because of they're inability to play it. And the fact that they all wont accept that they have to play against relegation because they still think about Champions League.

I just hope Pep extends for another 3 years at Bayern, and what he says makes me pretty confident that he does and the matter Klopp will never be something here at Bayern.

Pep extending his contract would be huuuuge. If Pep stays longer at Bayern than in Barcelona, he truly became one of us me thinks. Last year I had my doubts if he really indentified himself with the club and the country. But just look at our players now. They do everything he says. They follow him 100%. And I think this could be the reason why Pep is going to stay. He has the control now. And considering we have the money, he will continue to add useful players to the overall team roster.

Jack cw

Pep extending his contract would be huuuuge. If Pep stays longer at Bayern than in Barcelona, he truly became one of us me thinks. Last year I had my doubts if he really indentified himself with the club and the country. But just look at our players now. They do everything he says. They follow him 100%. And I think this could be the reason why Pep is going to stay. He has the control now. And considering we have the money, he will continue to add useful players to the overall team roster.

Pep is basically Bayerns most powerful person right now. The moment he went all in last year with his my way or no way pretty much made it his club. As long as he does those incredible transfers and develops a playstyle that constantly gets better and lets mediocre players like Rafinha shine than I'm fine. It's dangerous though, because we see what happens in Dortmund and it might happen to us too if we focus only on one person who decides on a sports level. But Sammer and Rummenigge apparently know how to handle Pep and he feels good in Munich.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nedved wants Neuer to win it.

So that basically means the Juve folks are voting Neuer! ;) (including Italy's captain Buffon of course)

I remember Louis van Gaal being strictly against Neuer, because Thomas Kraft was much better in his opinion. What a time to have him not as coach anymore.

AHAHA tbf Kraft's MoTM performance against Inter (and Eto'o) was sensationaaaaaaaaaaaal

It's a town/settlement in Fallout 3.

don't remind me of Fallout ;_; I'd rather forget it for now ;_;

Blablurn

Pep is basically Bayerns most powerful person right now. The moment he went all in last year with his my way or no way pretty much made it his club. As long as he does those incredible transfers and develops a playstyle that constantly gets better and lets mediocre players like Rafinha shine than I'm fine. It's dangerous though, because we see what happens in Dortmund and it might happen to us too if we focus only on one person who decides on a sports level. But Sammer and Rummenigge apparently know how to handle Pep and he feels good in Munich.

Hopefully you're right. I still predict us to crumble once he leaves :S

Jack cw

That will undoubtedly happen. Look at Barca. Yet we have a much better foundation in our squad with Thiago, Götze, Lewandowski, Reus, Martinez, Benatia, Boateng, Neuer, Bernat, Alaba, Müller and Badstuber. All players who are key for the next 5 to 6 years. So I'm pretty confident that we are able to keep up even without Pep.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vanilla WoW was so fun (PVP mostly) how the hell did they ruin it :lol

oh right...battlegrounds and expansions

That will undoubtedly happen. Look at Barca. Yet we have a much better foundation in our squad with Thiago, Götze, Lewandowski, Reus, Martinez, Benatia, Boateng, Neuer, Bernat, Alaba, Müller and Badstuber. All players who are key for the next 5 to 6 years. So I'm pretty confident that we are able to keep up even without Pep.

don't worry about crumbling, just buy half the team thats above you at that particular moment and you'll be fine

and the other half of the team below you just for good measure

and hire Kloppo as your waterboy

Blablurn

I never understand what people see in WoW PVP. Seriously. Thats what they all play on Twitch. If I play WoW, I just wanna quest.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I never understand what people see in WoW PVP. Seriously. Thats what they all play on Twitch. If I play WoW, I just wanna quest.

Questing, grinding and instances were never for me, it's too time consuming and awful.
which is why I really hate RPGs I suppose :(

I was mostly just PvPing and dueling

Lightning

Banned
Calling Neuer the best goal keeper of all time is a massive call. Neuer has made some clanging mistakes as well and in the German league where Bayern have the best players he hardly gets tested fully every week.

He's the best goal keeper currently playing imo but at his age calling him the best ever is too far. Not for me.

Lahm I feel sorry for. What a great player and leader he is and deserves the highest player award.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Calling Neuer the best goal keeper of all time is a massive call. Neuer has made some clanging mistakes as well and in the German league where Bayern have the best players he hardly gets tested fully every week.

He's the best goal keeper currently playing imo but at his age calling him the best ever is too far. Not for me.

Lahm I feel sorry for. What a great player and leader he is and deserves the highest player award.

As good as he is right now, he's not even close to early 2000s Buffon.

dunno about Zoff personally

Blablurn

To be fair , I don't think Lahm cares much. He won the World Cup. Neuer too. Messi and Ronaldo will probably never win it.

It's all good.

Lightning

Banned
To be fair , I don't think Lahm cares much. He won the World Cup. Neuer too. Messi and Ronaldo will probably never win it.

It's all good.
Lahm deserves it. One of the best defensive players in the game.

I don't like the media mentality of only holding the balls of attacking players when there's more to the game than that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neuer was basically Germany's Cannavaro in the WC, right? Leading by example and being an absolute force of a capitano. Just one look at him roaring electrifies the whole team

I don't even remember who was Germany's Pirlo (as in, their actual best player in the tournament), was it really Lahm? I don't know

Buffon was only a few votes away from winning it himself too (dude was ON FIREEEE)

1st Fabio Cannavaro Juventus 42 votes
2nd Gianluigi Buffon Juventus 32 votes
Fabio was voted '1st' 20 times to Buffon's 14.

if she insists

Jack cw

Opinions and all, I guess you know how they work when Italians praising Itialian keepers.
I posted why I think he is the best and his current trophy record and his involvement to win them speaks for him. He is a progression to the stopper on the line and is truly another fieldplayer in his game opening quality.

Phlebas

Banned
Best player to ever play for your country?

For me it's easy and without a doubt Gheorghe Hagi

Nicknamed "The Maradona of the Carpathians"

I'm sad that I was too young to see him play live.

Top Bottom