• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Esch

Banned
It is a shame because if Ozil is played hrough the middle then he can do serious damage. He had a very good first season with adapting to the new league, but with Wenger making him a left winger he has completely disappeared. I miss the 13/14 Ozil, not the 14/15 ghost.
It's amazing how the one time he was shifted there this season against villa he instantly put in a good performance. His passing created two goals, and he completed more of them. Just let him be the CAM he is.

I noticed that Santi is actually playing pretty well again recently though, hes been coming back to form ever since that Dortmund game. If he could only put one in the net lol...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FortuneFaded not there too? I respectfully withdraw my induction then

When the nominations for the FootyGAF Hall Of Fame were first announced I had mixed emotions but, in an effort to be positive, wanting to make the most of things for the posters (and lurkers) and with their enthusiasm, I was honored, excited and hoped that somehow this would be a good thing. Of course I realized as things stood, if the posters were to be inducted it'd be somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation.

Under the circumstances I feel I've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out to include FortuneFaded, FF's other half (arguably his photogenic best side) and many others gone but not forgotten. Taking into consideration the history of FootyGAF, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of FootyGAF Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.

For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from FootyGAF their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of FootyGAF Fame. It's Bla's show not mine

That said, I won't be attending The FootyGAF Hall Of Fame Induction 2014 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of FootyGAF

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, twitter followers nor Blablurn should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "FootyGAF"

This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the lurkers, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination I've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

But hey if ya gotta then maybe we can get the "no show, grandstanding, publicity stunt, attentiom whore? disrespectful, he doesn't care about us and the lurkers" crap out of the way as quickly as we can and let's move on. No one's taking the ball and going home. Don't get it twisted. For more than a decade and a half we've endured the double standards, the greed of Evilore and the mods and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible mod types. Not to imply anything in this particular circumstance, but from my perspective in regard to FootyGAF's Hall, the ball's never been in my court.

In closing, regardless of this decision and as hard to believe or as ironic as it may seem, I'd like to sincerely thank Blablurn for his nomination and his votes for Yurt's induction. More importantly I'd like to thank the lurkers for being there over the years, making any success I've had possible and for enjoying and supporting me

I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other posters being inducted and to our lurkers we look forward to seeing you post here!!

Sincerely,

Yurt

P.S. RIP rvy & Richie and Long Live bishoptl, Kabouter, Wes and Mumei-EH

Pennywise

I wish footballgaf was more active, then I wouldn't have to over there, its fucking crazy,

also no respect for true banter, too much feelings

Just ignore these topics, apart from the hype about the PSX/GameAwards and maybe the NPD topics, there isn't anything remotely interesting currently going on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OT post

i'm really sorry to hear that Yurt. It's called sudden unexpected death syndrome and usually involves an undiagnosed heart problem. Still really sorry to hear it. My condolences
thanks man I appreciate it! Maybe I should get myself checked out too that sounds scary

Yurt, you need to go back to producing oil. While writing that the price continues to plunge and your girlfriend's homeland will fall into recession. Unless this is part of your plan to somehow bankrupt the likes of PSG, Man City and Chelsea.

Edit: I just realised this post makes no sense as less production is exactly what is needed for the price to go back up

Pennywise

OT post

thanks man I appreciate it! Maybe I should get myself checked out too that sounds scary

Yeah, allthough age doesn't matter everytime.The ex gf of my father had a son who was barely 16 and died from an enlarged heart.
Sorry Yurt, it's shit no matter how...My condolences

Zabojnik

Our players are dying. Both Asamoah and Romulo are out for 3-4 months. I knew Allegri was too good to be true. Everything will culminate in our spectacular elimination from CL next with against Atletico.

Why even live, tell me that.

Jack cw

footygaf2o7exg.png

This is one of the most amazing photoshops I've ever seen.
You sneaky little snitch :D Placing Bayern GAF and the bunch of PESm8s in the middle :O
Nice work bla.

Lightning

Banned
Just ignore these topics, apart from the hype about the PSX/GameAwards and maybe the NPD topics, there isn't anything remotely interesting currently going on.
NPD threads are boring as hell. Gaming side discussions for the most part are incredibly useless, I find very little use for them but some of the users are very knowledgeable about games and can help get past certain bosses or puzzles without ruining the rest of the game and they are very quick with information about games if you're into following games development progress.

For me though gaming side is best for browsing when I'm looking for something about a game. Other than that, gaming side doesn't offer much for me.

noal

Banned
That was beautiful Yurt; brought a tear to my eye. Er, I mean, I got something in my eye whilst reading it.

Yeah; that should do.

Pennywise

NPD threads are boring as hell. Gaming side discussions for the most part are incredibly useless, I find very little use for them but some of the users are very knowledgeable about games and can help get past certain bosses or puzzles without ruining the rest of the game and they are very quick with information about games if you're into following games development progress.

For me though gaming side is best for browsing when I'm looking for something about a game. Other than that, gaming side doesn't offer much for me.

The results are the interesting part, the speculation is mostly boring.
You know there are some topics that are rather complex and pretty sensible, and while alot of these topics just contain a topic that scratches the surfaces and is far from being helpful (the Bayonetta topic for example), there is something that keeps me out of these topics everytime.
There are so many drive by posts or people where you can't tell if they're trolling or if they're really stupid/ignorant.
And obviously those people that take their own value system and try to force it onto everyone else...

That ruins every bit of serious discussion for me.

I like the gaming side for alot of stuff, but my main focus are events.
I love the hype,speculation and leaks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, you need to go back to producing oil. While writing that the price continues to plunge and your girlfriend's homeland will fall into recession. Unless this is part of your plan to somehow bankrupt the likes of PSG, Man City and Chelsea.

Edit: I just realised this post makes no sense as less production is exactly what is needed for the price to go back up
I might get fired for posting this but, inside info: they're actually working on raising the barrel price even more! Since the cost of producing one turned out to be more than what they're selling it for :lol
Yeah, allthough age doesn't matter everytime.The ex gf of my father had a son who was barely 16 and died from an enlarged heart.
Sorry Yurt, it's shit no matter how...My condolences
Thanks Penny <33

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys just let him make it what the helll

Reminds me of the time Messi wanted (SO BAD) to be in the OT title and everyone vetoed it just to piss him off :lol

Gambit

This is one of the most amazing photoshops I've ever seen.
You sneaky little snitch :D Placing Bayern GAF and the bunch of PESm8s in the middle :O
Nice work bla.

Nice work indeed. I feel honored to be in, Bla.

You know there are some topics that are rather complex and pretty sensible, and while alot of these topics just contain a topic that scratches the surfaces and is far from being helpful (the Bayonetta topic for example), there is something that keeps me out of these topics everytime.
There are so many drive by posts or people where you can't tell if they're trolling or if they're really stupid/ignorant.
And obviously those people that take their own value system and try to force it onto everyone else...

That ruins every bit of serious discussion for me.

I like the gaming side for alot of stuff, but my main focus are events.
I love the hype,speculation and leaks.

I feel the same way. The more complex topics are interesting, but I don't want to take part in the discussion. Too much trolling AND too much policing.

The hype-trains, the leaks and even some OTs are great. It always depends on which community develops inside a thread. Like in glorious footy-gaf

windfish

blablabla

More importantly I'd like to thank the lurkers for being there over the years, making any success I've had possible and for enjoying and supporting me

I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other posters being inducted and to our lurkers we look forward to seeing you post here!!

Sincerely,

Yurt

P.S. RIP rvy & Richie and Long Live bishoptl, Kabouter, Wes and Mumei-EH

ok, pls! :)

RiggyRob

Okay, I added Koko!

FootballFan. Stop crying. I was proud about ur pic. It fits perfect into the table. Similar to Scum :lol I love him sitting there at the table haha

Added you too!

As I said, I was mainly looking at Top Posters.

But what about Top, Top Posters?

Cheers for adding me m8 :D

Top Bottom