• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Wilbur

Banned
"James Milner has scored five times against Sunderland, more than he has managed against any other Premier League opponent."

Such ignominy.

Is it four consecutive 1-0 wins over City at the SoL for you guys?

I have a feeling the run is ending tonight
l1x61OA.png

Meier

Rabiot seems like a good player, him and Yedlin are the right kind of signings for us, young talents. Baldini's mistake was targeting Paulinho and Soldado, at 25+ they have spent too long outside of the PL to adapt properly.

Interesting, didn't know he had signed a new deal. Depending on the price, it could be a great signing. Agree either way that it's probably the type of player you guys should be targeting.

Meier

City's financial figures:

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 6 minutes ago
£347m revenue, breaking the £300m barrier. Commercial revenue up 16% to £165.8m, TV up 51% to £133.2m, matchday up 20% to £47.5m.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 5 minutes ago
A bottom line loss of £23m which includes the £16m fine from UEFA over FFP, so very small. Profit almost definite next time.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 4 minutes ago
Wage costs have stabilised and the wage-turnover ratio is now 56%, compared to 86% in 2013.

Net assets are valued at more than £572m and City continues to operate with zero financial debt.

Seems like that would mean the wages are now at £194.32m per year.

jesalr

Lamela will come good, he's a hard working guy. He just needs to adapt to English football, this is essentially his first season in the PL, he's only started ~15 games in this league.

Against Everton he pissed away 3 or 4 breakaways that even Lennon would have turned into clear chances, all because he was trying to do it the hard way. He doesn't need to beat 2 or 3 players, just move the ball forward quickly and do the basics right.

Yeah, I just worry if he'll break that mentality or not. The same with Dembele, his biggest weakness has always been that he doesn't pick the pass early, and tries to travel with the ball every time. We haven't trained that out of him, but I don't know if we've tried.

City's financial figures:

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 6 minutes ago
£347m revenue, breaking the £300m barrier. Commercial revenue up 16% to £165.8m, TV up 51% to £133.2m, matchday up 20% to £47.5m.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 5 minutes ago
A bottom line loss of £23m which includes the £16m fine from UEFA over FFP, so very small. Profit almost definite next time.

Wage costs have stabilised and the wage-turnover ratio is now 56%, compared to 86% in 2013.

Net assets are valued at more than £572m and City continues to operate with zero financial debt.

Seems like that would mean the wages are now at £194.32m per year.

£205 million.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah, I just worry if he'll break that mentality or not. The same with Dembele, his biggest weakness has always been that he doesn't pick the pass early, and tries to travel with the ball every time. We haven't trained that out of him, but I don't know if we've tried.

Dembele is infuriating, he was absolutely terrible against Belgrade last week, every time a break was on he faffed around. It's hard to get players to change their ways, but I saw some quotes from Mousa that he knows what he has to improve. Bentaleb was out for 6 weeks but it only took half an hour for him to shunt Dembele back to the bench.

Good call, looking at the numbers in the actual report now: £205.044 (2014) vs £233.106 (2013) -- should be 59% of turnover then. No income from sales of IP to third parties or anything like that so there shouldn't be anything that UEFA can ding City on.

Don't worry, they will find something as part of the anti city conspiracy.

The whole thing is a sham anyway, hardly matters what they publish you just have to think about it for a few seconds to know it's not as clean cut as they say it is :lol

One thing that's come from City's accounts is that they paid A LOT more than £32 million for Mangala.

You can extrapolate this from the fact that their transfer net spend this summer was £38 million.

It seems from Porto's filings that the fee was likely to be more than £42 million, without taking in to account agent's fees.

jesalr

Dembele is infuriating, he was absolutely terrible against Belgrade last week, every time a break was on he faffed around. It's hard to get players to change their ways, but I saw some quotes from Mousa that he knows what he has to improve. Bentaleb was out for 6 weeks but it only took half an hour for him to shunt Dembele back to the bench.

Yup, and I know Lamela is young, but I just hope we don't entirely break him before he can learn to function in the league.

jts

...hate me...
One thing that's come from City's accounts is that they paid A LOT more than £32 million for Mangala.

You can extrapolate this from the fact that their transfer net spend this summer was £38 million.

It seems from Porto's filings that the fee was likely to be more than £42 million, without taking in to account agent's fees.

But Porto's filings actually state that we "only" got €30.503.590 for him? That's before all fees and costs (for Porto). That's even less than £30m paid by City.

Where are you getting that from?

But Porto's filings actually state that we "only" got €30.503.590 for him? That's before all fees and costs (for Porto). That's even less than £30m paid by City.

Where are you getting that from?

What Doyen have said is that they got paid pretty much the same amount for Mangala as Porto did (€30,000,000).

€60,000,000 = roughly £42 million.

Meier

What Doyen have said is that they got paid pretty much the same amount for Mangala as Porto did (€30,000,000).

€60,000,000 = roughly £42 million.

Doyen are really slimy, so I wouldn't take much of what they say at face value. They did get the majority of Brahimi's rights for practically nothing though in the mix of the Mangala transfer.

I see the net transfer expenditure in the "post balance sheet events" is what you're referencing. Agents fees were probably a big part of this.

Yen

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1
Mendes sold Bebe to #MUFC for £7.5M. Now revealed today that his client Eliaquim Mangala cost #MCFC £42.9M. Nothing to see here, move along!

Hixx

Cold water >>>>>>>>> hot water for shaving.

No cuts, skin doesn't feel tight afterwards, can shave with the grain and still get a close shave

I used hot water today coz its been fucking freezing having no heating for 3 days, MISTAKE

Yen

Cold water >>>>>>>>> hot water for shaving.

No cuts, skin doesn't feel tight afterwards, can shave with the grain and still get a close shave

I used hot water today coz its been fucking freezing having no heating for 3 days, MISTAKE

You heading to the match then?

Hixx

I just look ridiculous even with stubble because I have a bald spot reet under my chin and a small patch on both cheeks where nothing grows

I wonder if they do hair transplants on your face

I will throw a paper aeroplane at Fletcher tonight and ask him

Facism

I just look ridiculous even with stubble because I have a bald spot reet under my chin and a small patch on both cheeks where nothing grows

I wonder if they do hair transplants on your face

I will throw a paper aeroplane at Fletcher tonight and ask him

Imagine if they transplanted your pubes onto your face.

#wilburlaboratories

Hixx

Does Wilbur even have enough pubes to go around his face

I mean one could go on each side, one sideways along his upper lip but his chin and bottom lip will be bare so he would look like an idiot

edit: "cheen" hahahaha where did that come from

Facism

I mean one could go on each side, one sideways along his upper lip but his chin and bottom lip will be bare so he would look like an idiot

i had a mate back in 6th-form that only had 2 chest hairs. He tried to the tie them in a knot and ended up pulling one out. it never grew back.

Meier

i had a mate back in 6th-form that only had 2 chest hairs. He tried to the tie them in a knot and ended up pulling one out. it never grew back.

Looool. I don't have much in the way of chest hair. The one small benefit (I guess?) to this is that it allows wind to flow through it though. Like, I can feel it pretty palpably when it's windy and I have a collared shirt.

Wilbur

Banned

see wooden for details

As somewhat of an expert on Wilburs private parts, I can say Wilbur has plenty of pubes and asshair to at least get a De Gea beard.

Top Bottom