• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Welp, finished all the Harry Potter films. Lol at the make-up in that epilogue, awful.

I didnt like the revelation about Snape, he was one of my favourite characters in the books, and he's so underused in the films :(

Also, was surprised that they didn't mention Neville being the 'other prophecy' or whatever, I remember that being quite intriguing.

Overall, the films could have been so much better, such a waste really. One saving grace is that impressively they did get the adult characters spot on for most of them, like for example Snape, he is how I imagined him looking.

2UeA5cw.jpg

CNmCbSf.png

Wilbur

Banned
cab office only has one cab running

I have work in 8 hours

I am working 8 days in a row

I applied for a job and if I don't hear back by Friday I haven't even got an interview even though I was pretty perfect for it

I have itchy balls

help me

we can't breathe

No offense, but that is a fucking terrible argument.

Is this banter?

I can't tell if you are serious.

54 minutes...

Has to be joking.

You are saying the guy isn't good at football. I wish I was as shit as him and still achieved that.

The guy gets a game every couple of weeks and then people want to make a judjement based of it. Podolski had constantly been one of the best counter attacking players in Germany before Wenger bought him to play a different style. He still managed to score over twn goals in his debut season a feat that no player had achieved in over a decade for Arsenal. He had a great runup front for us at the end of the 12/13 season.

He is a great guy, a good footballer, experienced, and a hard working professional. I am glad we have a player like him in our side, although we don't deserve him. I hope he goes off and plays for a club worthy of him.

Salazar

cab office only has one cab running

I have work in 8 hours

I am working 8 days in a row

I applied for a job and if I don't hear back by Friday I haven't even got an interview even though I was pretty perfect for it

I have itchy balls

help me

we can't breathe

Mad times.

Both of the examiners' reports for my thesis are in. Ain't seen em yet.
Me mum is in hospital for back pain.
My sister-in-law (same hospital) just gave birth to a lad - named Zen.*
My feet are sunburned.
I still despise Ashley Young despite his "heroics".

*Like Inspector Zen, innit.

You are saying the guy isn't good at football. I wish I was as shit as him and still achieved that.

The guy gets a game every couple of weeks and then people want to make a judjement based of it. Podolski had constantly been one of the best counter attacking players in Germany before Wenger bought him to play a different style. He still managed to score over twn goals in his debut season a feat that no player had achieved in over a decade for Arsenal. He had a great runup front for us at the end of the 12/13 season.

He is a great guy, a good footballer, experienced, and a hard working professional. I am glad we have a player like him in our side, although we don't deserve him. I hope he goes off and plays for a club worthy of him.

Wenger really need to stop doing shit like this.

Podolski isn't good enough; sorry. Didn't make it at Bayern for a reason.

It's not enough to pop up with a goal every now and then when you don't contribute anything else.

What I mean is buying players and trying to 'change' them. Like putting Ozil on the wing.

And no, some players are still good, but just can't fit with their team's way to play. It happens, a lot.

wedward

Don't care what he did before. Don't care how many caps he has. Don't care about that fact that he played 54 minutes in the world cup. Don't care that he is a nice guy. Don't care that he likes twitter.

He isn't good enough for Arsenal. Im not coming to that conclusion based on just this season, but on his 75 appearances for Arsenal. None of which convinced me he is good enough.

No, Shanks, I am not a professional footballer, and yes, Podolski is better than me at football, but that doesn't mean I can't say he isn't good enough for Arsenal.

Podolski isn't good enough; sorry. Didn't make it at Bayern for a reason.

It's not enough to pop up with a goal every now and then when you don't contribute anything else.

Yup, he scores some nice goals every once in a while, but the rest of the time he contributes almost nothing. Both defensively and offensively.

Don't care what he did before. Don't care how many caps he has. Don't care about that fact that he played 54 minutes in the world cup. Don't care that he is a nice guy. Don't care that he likes twitter.

He isn't good enough for Arsenal. Im not coming to that conclusion based on just this season, but on his 75 appearances for Arsenal. None of which convinced me he is good enough.

No, Shanks, I am not a professional footballer, and yes, Podolski is better than me at football, but that doesn't mean I can't say he isn't good enough for Arsenal.

Not good enough? They guy had a great debut season adjusting to the league with 11 goals and 9 assists. You have some high standards.

Those 75 appearances have come mainly as a sub recently, how can you judge a player based on 10 minutes here and there? Give him a run of three and four starts and then judge him.

He is not world class, but he is a very good professional who has not been given a fair chance in the last two seasons. Who has a fairly decent goalscoring record for us.

3Sixty

Not doubting Koeman obvs, and I thought we did alright yesterday but our bench is horrible. Fucking Mayuka literally offers nothing. I'd rather see Ryan Seager on the bench, bangs them in for fun at youth level just fucking stick him in. Canny be any worse like.

Yen

Does anyone in this thread have experience with SPSS? I have a statistics report to do but I'm just a lowly humanities student so I don't knew what I'm doing.

Oh no, please don't tell me this is arsenaltv like thing. I'm at uni with no sound, but it looks like it.

Yeah it is. I think they did a few matches last season but never kept it going. I haven't listened to any of it yet so I'm not sure if she picked up any nutters. These things only get good when fans are ranting about poor results so its probably not worth watching.

Last nights result was expected. Least Vertonghen and Lloris got a mistake out of the way in a game where we never bloody get anything.

Harry Kane looked great again, seriously unlucky not to have got a goal. For me, Lamela is just done, he looked absolutely awful every time he got on the ball last night.

Kane and Eriksen are about the only players who can drible past someone.

Wenger really is frustrating, worst start in 30 years, but looking at the table I am confident we can be top 4.

He is very good at securing it, but just lacks that little extra desire to push us to the top. He reminds of the managers who are excellent at getting clubs promoted but just can't hack it in the top league. A bit like Iachini at Palermo, he has had four of five different promotions with different teams but never had muxh sucess in serie A.

Top Bottom