• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Hixx

That was me.

Like, he's fucking dynamite at it, but my argument was really that he isn't as well rounded a player as the likes of Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo and is more like a van Nistelrooy type (or snuggled in between the two types at least)

It wasn't an affront to him. Costa's the same, a real penalty box striker.

Don't agree at all.

His hold up play, vision, strength, ability to go past players make him so much more. He made City so much more difficult to defend against than Chelsea. The two CBs never knew where he was going to be, he'd pop up on both wings, sometimes he'd come as deep as Toure to mix things up.

Messi and Ronaldo are on another level, don't know why people keep trying to put a third or fourth in there. Aguero is comfortably in with the likes of Suarez though, there's nothing between them for me.

He's like those unrealistic midget players in FIFA... but real. Best player in the league. If City can keep him fit, that 6 point gap doesn't look unassailable to me.

Pennywise

It's been a long fucking time since someone said Reus to Bayern is totally happening

I bet poor Sammer-chan is wrong as well.

At least the goal line technology is through and we won't have those ridicilous decisions anymore.
I wonder if the technology would have given the Kießling goal against Hoffenheim.

Scum

Imagine if Suarez was ever present from the start of the season. He missed 6(?) games but it was unnoticeable.

Hixx

Suarez outscored him the previous year too.

By 13 goals.

Playing for Liverpool.

(And I don't imagine it's even a debate that Suarez is better outside the box than Aguero is)

Suarez offers more defensively and obviously from set pieces but as a focal point and someone who can take a man on I don't think Aguero gets near enough credit.

Because it will, so no need to repeat it all the time.

Didn't stop you from doing so in the past 6 months
iQL2bfbIseR4S.png

Hixx

Thought it was really weird the way you guys set up last night. No guarantees that playing against Chelsea would have brought the same result, but it was odd to see you pressing up the field so high.

More confident of scoring against them I suppose. Unfortunately Fletcher has chosen this week to return to his state of not being arsed.

Meier

Suarez was absolutely insane last year but it's not like he was historically a much better assister than Aguero. Last year was an outlier for him in every regard.

Suarez: 69 goals, 23 assists in 110 (4 subs) league games.
Aguero: 66 goals, 19 assists in 101 (16 subs) league games.

Arnie

Didn't know Liverpool's expansion plans at Anfield were only taking capacity up to about 53k.

Not enough.
Only one stand. And the figure is slightly higher than that.

Agree that it isn't enough in total, however you have to start somewhere and build piece by piece. Other stands will follow. Difficult to manage in such a residential area.

Yen

Didn't know Liverpool's expansion plans at Anfield were only taking capacity up to about 53k.

Not enough.

After that's done they're doing the Anfield Road End to bring it up to 58k, which still isn't enough. The Kop can't be expanded (though it could potentially be doubled under safe standing) and the club sold the surrounding ground by the Centenary stand in the 90s to property developers, so it cant be expanded.

Top Bottom