• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Jack cw

Wenger really is frustrating, worst start in 30 years, but looking at the table I am confident we can be top 4.

He is very good at securing it, but just lacks that little extra desire to push us to the top. He reminds of the managers who are excellent at getting clubs promoted but just can't hack it in the top league. A bit like Iachini at Palermo, he has had four of five different promotions with different teams but never had muxh sucess in serie A.

He reminds me of Hitzfeld to be honest. Incredible coach but maybe past his prime.

Go_Ly_Dow

It could be a real Dad's Army up front at Bolton Wanderers with manager Neil Lennon also considering signing another 36-year-old forward, Emile Heskey.
Heskey played alongside Lennon at Leicester and was invited to train at Bolton by the manager, who said: "He may be coming to the end of his career but he still has very good attributes. It's no-gamble stuff for us. We're just bringing him in and going to have a look over the next 10 days, two weeks - see if he's got something to offer.
"If he has we'll look at it. If he hasn't we'll say, 'thanks for coming in but we're not going to pursue this'."

_79506637_emile_heskey_getty.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't know her breasts were so rounded

give me a consonant rachel

And a vowel

And a consonant

And another consonant

And another

And a vowel

irwCTgj8oeuxe.png

faridmon

It was only last year where we were playing fluid football. Dominating possession, Tika-taka and all, we were dreaming of the 4th, Martinez was hailed through the media as a progressive manager, Goodison was bouncing, filled with hope of us getting somewhere after years of stagnation. We had Barkley, Coleman, Stones and our squad was brimming with young talents along with experienced anchor. We had Laukau who was unplayable, along with Barry who had rejuvenated his carrer with us and was touted about his inevitable England call back. We were going forward!

A year later: We are fucking shite. WTF happened?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It was only last year where we were playing fluid football. Dominating possession, Tika-taka and all, we were dreaming of the 4th, Martinez was hailed through the media as a progressive manager, Goodison was bouncing, filled with hope of us getting somewhere after years of stagnation. We had Barkley, Coleman, Stones and our squad was brimming with young talents along with experienced anchor. We had Laukau who was unplayable, along with Barry who had rejuvenated his carrer with us and was touted about his inevitable England call back. We were going forward!

Europe League, baby. Europa League happened.

Now you are trapped forever.

1. You're becoming a proper Martinez side now, with everything that entails.

2. You're in the Europa League of Death.

3. All your defensive players are a year older with no suitable back-up i.e. Barry is dead.

4. No successful loanees this year.

Bold One

Form seasons happen.

sohois

Teams that end up just 'maintaining' their squad often seem to go backward the next year, even if they aren't particularly old or have lots of youngsters.

Of course it was important for Everton to tie down Barry and Lukaku, but splashing out big on the 2 of them - well, Lukaku - really hampered the ability to actually kick on from last season

Wilbur

Banned

Told you

faridmon

I disagree with Martinez defensive liability. He does have defenders and we do play with 2 DM most of the time, in fact, after the initial flow of conceding goals, we kept clean sheets for some times and we only lost games with only 1 goals.

I do agree with Sohois, Splashing big on 2 players hampered our progress. People look at Liverpool and Tottenham for their unstable squad, meaning they bought too many players and that results in players not gelling, but we are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Too much stability is as bad, if not worse. Players become too relaxed about losing position, there is less priority, taking things for granted ect. This creates a negative atmosphere where one is relying on the other to make things happen.

Our attack have been woeful, no creativity, very slow and our passings seem to be worse. I think another problem is that we had a surprise element last season, and teams know how to play against us now.

Also, Lukaku happened.

:(
Europe League, baby. Europa League happened.

Now you are trapped forever.

I refuse to blame it on Europa League. Its the only taste we will have for Europe and I am loving it.

Wolfsburg, eat your heart out.

Distin is looking his age now as well, which was inevitable.

To be fair, our defence have been looking rather sturdy as of late. But yeah Distin and Jagielka are showing their age. Very slow defenders and I don't see Martinez dropping them any time soon.

dc89

Who was it in this thread that said Aguero is purely a goal scorer btw?

KuGsj.gif

Not me. I did however say he's the GOAT striker in the world and I'd have him over Shared, said this month's before his latest bite etc.

It feels good to be right.

Clegg

Almost 20,000 posts and 2 million views yet absolutely nothing other than a new coloured playstation has been announced.

I don't get it.

Arnie

Not me. I did however say he's the GOAT striker in the world and I'd have him over Shared, said this month's before his latest bite etc.

It feels good to be right.
That isn't right though, is it.

When Aguero has a season as individually spectacular as Suarez's last season who incidentally missed however many games through being fucking crazy, then you'll be right.

One of the reasons Aguero will never be as potent a force as Suarez is that he's made of playdough.

One of the reasons.

Scum

Almost 20,000 posts and 2 million views yet absolutely nothing other than a new coloured playstation has been announced.

I don't get it.

They're probably bored now, so they're just trying to force the thread to 200 pages in order to start a second one.

"Check it out, yo! Sony's so awesome that they're event went into a second OT!"

Hixx

They stopped letting people make OTs early to stop pointless hype, which that thread is a great example of.
wtzgU.gif

The most interesting thing we'll get is another U4 teaser with "2015" at the end of it imo.

Wilbur

Banned
Who was it in this thread that said Aguero is purely a goal scorer btw?

KuGsj.gif

That was me.

Like, he's fucking dynamite at it, but my argument was really that he isn't as well rounded a player as the likes of Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo and is more like a van Nistelrooy type (or snuggled in between the two types at least)

It wasn't an affront to him. Costa's the same, a real penalty box striker.

Scum

They stopped letting people make OTs early to stop pointless hype, which that thread is a great example of.
wtzgU.gif

The most interesting thing we'll get is another U4 teaser with "2015" at the end of it imo.

But bu, Hixx. Dat Nathan Drake animation! Dat next gen hair!! Look at his shirt blowing in the wind! *insert overused meme just to piss Hitch? off*

Top Bottom