• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Fintan

Absolutely extraordinary. When I was younger I used to go for Highway 61 as my favourite. Then I turned 18/19 and it was all about Blonde on Blonde. Now I'm old and I've had my fair share of heartache, there isn't a better fucking album than Blood on the Tracks. Dylan's got a few masterpieces, but pushed I'd go for that one.
Yeah. I only got into Dylan relatively recently and I was more into those earlier albums too. But yeah, fantastic album, nearly every track a masterpiece.

Where would you recommend starting with Dylan's later albums? I'm talking like 80's and 90's.

Hixx

not tracks...but the Ten Walls essential mix and the Caribou one

Ten Walls is fucking insane. Saw him in November and hopefully again in Feb. Man is genial.

Oh and Tensnake - No Relief is constantly on repeat

Tensnake's album is the best this year

Not heard a lot from Ten Walls (apart from Walking With Elephants but who hasn't heard that?) and Caribou is proper hit and miss. Gave his album a listen a few nights ago and I've never listened to such an inconsistent album in my life. Holy shit.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
That song from Loveless that was in Lost in Translation will always be my favorite chill out song, made me fall in love with the movie.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah. I only got into Dylan relatively recently and I was more into those earlier albums too. But yeah, fantastic album, nearly every track a masterpiece.

Where would you recommend starting with Dylan's later albums? I'm talking like 80's and 90's.

80s is largely pap; I quite like Shot of Love, and Oh Mercy is very good, but everything else is mostly shit. One or two songs from the other albums are good (Brownsville Girl off Knocked Out Loaded is class), but I'd only give them a listen if you're fully on board with Dylan.

90s - there's one good album out of four but it's one of his very best. Time out of Mind is brilliant, and the two albums after that are also great (love and theft and modern times).

Fintan

80s is largely pap; I quite like Shot of Love, and Oh Mercy is very good, but everything else is mostly shit. One or two songs from the other albums are good (Brownsville Girl off Knocked Out Loaded is class), but I'd only give them a listen if you're fully on board with Dylan.

90s - there's one good album out of four but it's one of his very best. Time out of Mind is brilliant, and the two albums after that are also great (love and theft and modern times).
Thanks. You ever seen him live? I've heard it can be a bit of a mixed bag.

Esch

Banned
Heaven or Las Vegas > loveless

I said it

I don't care who knows it

I don't know about that m8, but I would say i like Treasure as Much as Loveless. Loveless is a little overrated by nigel hipsters but it's definitely one of the best in the genre. But i'd say Treasure, Loveless, Spooky, Eyedazzler 1992-1996, and Souvlaki are all classics from different bands on about the same tier/quality

I like Heaven or Las Vegas but it's more poppy and i need dat gritty texture

Wilbur

Banned
Thanks. You ever seen him live? I've heard it can be a bit of a mixed bag.

I have, yeah. Hammersmith Apollo a few years ago (Knopfler supported him).

Loved the intimacy of it, can't have been more than thirty feet from him, and I loved that I was hearing songs he recorded forty years ago in a different style, with a different voice that was still identifiably him.

I haven't got a reference point as to his supposedly poor performances, but I loved it. Doesnt engage much with the audience, and maybe because he isn't performing the songs as they are on the album people are a tad displeased.

Wilbur

Banned
bob dylan can't even sing

weirdest fanbase ever

Someone once said that Dylan doesn't have a good voice, but he can SING. He can find the emotion in a song like very little can.

from someone who loves chris "i am singing my heart out and it still sounds like a muffled fart" martin, I am disappointed budley.

Well now that we're moving into soundtrack territory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qalGezr76o
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Don't say that word, you don't even know what it means. Coming out a month after the last guardian in 2015, you get a playable demo of the WQFT2ST in TLOU, it's a smart move to get TLOU to sell.
n6elRYX.png

can I ask a question

Spoilers look away if you don't want the game ruined for you

do I ever find the two sided triangle

jts

...hate me...
Dat "woman punched in the face" video
Dat "woman punched in the face" thread
Dat graveyard

People. Don't. Learn.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Dat "woman punched in the face" video
Dat "woman punched in the face" thread
Dat graveyard

People. Don't. Learn.

I know there's like a billion people on gaf but everytime this happens I never recognise any of the posters. It's like they all appear just to get banned. it's weird.

jts

...hate me...
I know there's like a billion people on gaf but everytime this happens I never recognise any of the posters. It's like they all appear just to get banned. it's weird.
I could recognise the Donald Duck with a boner avatar and Lisa Simpson's too, but not anyone else.

I guess there must be a lot of people with alt accounts for this purpose.

Meh I think you can do much much better than Carrick. When people learn to close him down he'll be exposed.

Except you know, he's 33. There should tons of footage and scout reports that people can use to learn on how to expose him for years.

Just accept that he's a remarkable midfielder.

Wilbur

Banned
fu
cking
he
ll

More happens in ASOS part two than has happened in the entire two and a half books so far

Just finished joffrey's wedding

Madness

Honestly Jamie Jackson is jokes.

He thinks De Gea's contract is up this summer and that we're going to pay £15m for Dani Alves...whose contract really is up in the summer.

Clown.

Salazar

He thinks De Gea's contract is up this summer and that we're going to pay £15m for Dani Alves...whose contract really is up in the summer.

Clown.

The next step is to list every single youth player we've got as "at risk", and vulnerable to swoops from City/Chelsea/Juve/Sunderland

I don't think Ra's would want him for free let alone pay £15m when he's free. lool

MLS, surely.

Scum

Clown.

I don't think Ra's would want him for free let alone pay £15m when he's free. lool

Hixx

fu
cking
he
ll

More happens in ASOS part two than has happened in the entire two and a half books so far

Just finished joffrey's wedding

Madness

I've never read a book as amazingly paced as ASOS 2. Makes reading AFFC even more disappointing afterwards.

Wilbur

Banned
I've never read a book as amazingly paced as ASOS 2. Makes reading AFFC even more disappointing afterwards.

I've heard it's the poorest book.

I'm really enjoying ASOS but I can't help but get the feeling it was originally meant as a climax... still got 300 pages left but so much has happened in comparison to the other two.

Top Bottom