• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Elchele

It's past midnight, the A/C is on, lights are low and I'm listening to Bob Dylan's songs in Concert for Bangladesh. Life is quite good

Wilbur

Banned
I just heard my dad scream in his sleep

It wasn't like a blood curdling scream, more like a "Waaaaaaahghh"

What the fuck

Fintan

His articles are also riddled with typos and grammar errors. I don't get it.
The Guardian has a couple of weird writers. Jamie Jackson is one. Louise Taylor is another. She thinks Hatem Ben Arfa is the best player in the league or something.

I'm assuming Jackson is based in Manchester? Maybe they pay less attention to the writers who aren't in the main office? I dunno.

Has he ever been on Football Weekly?

GorillaJu

Seen criticisms of the new Main Stand at Anfield but I'm not sure what people expect:

Yes there are a lot of new corporate seats but the point of making the stadium bigger is to increase income, and with Anfield's currently minimal corporate facilities, it's a necessity.

54k isn't huge, but Liverpool isnt London. The owners have said before that a huge expansion isn't feasible for Liverpool's population. If it's not selling out there'd be no point in a 70k seater, especially because the importance of stadium size and match day revenue are diminishing as commercial income becomes more important.

Pennywise

Soon we get new announcements, hopefully the Sony event will deliever in some form (wanna play the fucking classics on the PS4 already...).

scently

Carrick is a fantastic non traditional DM. To me, he is better in that role than anybody else in the league. His pears in that role are Sergio Busquet and Alonso. He dictates play better than Busquet and has a better passing range than Alonso. He has his faults like all players do, but he is simply fantastic, the fact that was bad last season not withstanding. All our players were, save Rooney and De Gea.

Phlebas

Banned
Carrick is a fantastic non traditional DM. To me, he is better in that role than anybody else in the league. His pears in that role are Sergio Busquet and Alonso. He dictates play better than Busquet and has a better passing range than Alonso. He has his faults like all players do, but he is simply fantastic, the fact that was bad last season not withstanding. All our players were, save Rooney and De Gea.

Huh?

K1LLER7

Agreed.

GorillaJu

Not a chance. Carrick is perhaps better than I give him credit for but he is not in the same class as Busquets or Alonso

FootballFan

KS2NC5B.gif

pappe

I love Carrick but saying he is better than Alonso and Busquets is pushing it a bit.

He is not as good as Busquets at defending/ tackling. He also does not have the passing range of Alonso but having said that he is not far off both of them.

Seen criticisms of the new Main Stand at Anfield but I'm not sure what people expect:

Yes there are a lot of new corporate seats but the point of making the stadium bigger is to increase income, and with Anfield's currently minimal corporate facilities, it's a necessity.

54k isn't huge, but Liverpool isnt London. The owners have said before that a huge expansion isn't feasible for Liverpool's population. If it's not selling out there'd be no point in a 70k seater, especially because the importance of stadium size and match day revenue are diminishing as commercial income becomes more important.
This is true but Liverpool could probably sell out 65k most weeks quite easily.

Top Bottom