• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Hixx

"Liverpool have won their last three meetings with Sunderland and have lost just one of the last nine.
Sunderland have not won at Anfield since October 1983"

Poyet likes to break hoodoos but ffs.

F

F

S

I really hate listening to Jose, he seems like such a boring cunt. Plus I wish he would sort his collar and tie out.

I think Newcastle can do them today

Blablurn

I wonder if Sony can ever delive a stand out AAA title again. Build from scratch. Build for eternity.

On the other hand can the others do that?

Nintendo is doing splashdown. No one cares.

MS is doing Sunset Overdrive. No one cares.

So maybe it's no only Sony.

Oops. I mixed up the name that time, but I was talking about The Order. I doubt either game will have a demo, but Bb might have a beta like DS2 did.

Bloodborne demo would probably put people off if its like the Souls games. If I was furst thrown into a Souls game with 40 minutes to play, I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing , and would probably give up. Demon's thrived on word of mouth I think, and its accepted that they can take a while to get into if you're not used to them.

@Blablurn, TLoU was only 18 months ago. UC4 will be boss (sequel, granted), and I have faith in SSM. Not sure I want a new Infamous, Second Son was worse than either of the first 2 despite its incredible graphics. Maybe Guerilla can do something good with their new project, I get the feeling they've run out of good ideas for Killzone.

GorillaJu

Bloodborne demo would probably put people off if its like the Souls games. If I was furst thrown into a Souls game with 40 minutes to play, I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing , and would probably give up. Demon's thrived on word of mouth I think, and its accepted that they can take a while to get into if you're not used to them.

@Blablurn, TLoU was only 18 months ago. UC4 will be boss (sequel, granted), and I have faith in SSM. Not sure I want a new Infamous, Second Son was worse than either of the first 2 despite its incredible graphics. Maybe Guerilla can do something good with their new project, I get the feeling they've run out of good ideas for Killzone.

Games that have demos just sell worse overall. If you can't afford proper marketing, then a demo will do you fine, but if you can afford to market your games like Sony can, then demos hurt more than help.

Blablurn

clipboard012buf3.png

One of the prettiest stadiums in the UK. I like the atmosphere.

Winner for Newcastle, perhaps. He'll get booked early on and then won't be able to get involved. He won't make the Matic style runs forwards, should have started Ramires.

Ramires only just came back from his injury and is probably a bit too offensive to play next to Fabregas alone, would leave so much space. I wouldn't be against Mikel with Fabregas and Ramires in front of him though, with Oscar on the right instead of CAM.

GQman2121

Banned
If Willian could actual put shots on goal, he would be regarded as a top player.

Oops. I mixed up the name that time, but I was talking about The Order. I doubt either game will have a demo, but Bb might have a beta like DS2 did.

I disagree. If your game is shit (The Crew) a demo will absolutely hurt sales. But if you have a solid foundation with your gameplay, a demo is a great way to present what you're bringing to the table in a controlled environment and have people eager to see--and pay for--more. Batman, The Last Of Us (sorta), God of War, Metal Gear are games that really took off because we were able to taste before we bought. They did demos the right way. The Order could do the same. Or, again, it could be shit.

That first God of War demo in OPS2

Fucking hell. What a game, what a time.

Newcastle getting smashed a bit at the moment.

What a fucking idiot. Could have had an easy 3-man counterattack, and he just hoofs it clear

GorillaJu

If Willian could actual put shots on goal, he would be regarded as a top player.

I disagree. If your game is shit (The Crew) a demo will absolutely hurt sales. But if you have a solid foundation with your gameplay, a demo is a great way to present what you're bringing to the table in a controlled environment and have people eager to see--and pay for--more. Batman, The Last Of Us (sorta), God of War, Metal Gear are games that really took off because we were able to taste before we bought. They did demos the right way. The Order could do the same. Or, again, it could be shit.

Three of those games you listed were "new" in a sense. A demo makes sense because it's a type of gameplay that people aren't used to. Did TLOU have a demo? If so I'd argue that it would have sold better without one.

TLoU had a very good demo, which let people experience first hand the adaptive nature of the stealth/combat/escape/hide/heal mechanics

Even if it didn't help sales, it stopped people worrying about it all being scripted.

Top Bottom