• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Wilbur

Banned
Sat in a cafe with a full English trying to soak up last night. Not ready for team news. Hixx I love you but I want Gus to cry today.

The Reds are winning this.

I had a whole bottle of prosecco to myself after dinner at a turkish restaurant and i did a shit the size of a boeing

@odd, I'm beginning to see why people hate playing pub matches in Dota btw

Losing so many matches by teammates going too gung ho, or too defensive

i've been playing pub matches of CSGO with some of my friends who have only got the game recently and don't play FPS on M+KB usually. 90% of the community are cunts. We had one guy say "If you can't play CSGO why are you playing it?". Fuck people.

GorillaJu

@odd, I'm beginning to see why people hate playing pub matches in Dota btw

Losing so many matches by teammates going too gung ho, or too defensive

it definitely grates on you. I had to really change my attitude and accept responsibility for any number of micro-decisions I made that I could have done better. It helps keep my mind off the anger when the game is over and I say "okay, when I did this, I could have done this..." etc. and try to focus on areas I can improve or change.

sohois

Finally took my Chinese test this morning, went great.

Went to my favourite restaurant for dinner to celebrate my birthday this evening, which also went great.

Now it's just time for Liverpool

to fuck everything up

Arnie

We will try for our 0-0 special.

So you'll either smash us or it will be 0-0.
Rickie Lambert starts.

Read into that what you will.
I had a whole bottle of prosecco to myself after dinner at a turkish restaurant and i did a shit the size of a boeing
I had too many tequila shots and couldn't really speak.

Stayed at a girls flat from work. No hanky panky. I just needed a bed. I could barely speak; was not erecting under any circumstances so it wasn't worth trying.

Went to my favourite restaurant for dinner to celebrate my birthday this evening, which also went great.

to fuck everything up
Happy birthday!

Congrats on your test m8. What test was it? Chinese language?

to fuck everything up

Believe in Lamberghini

One month til Sturridge is back. Would be surprised if he doesn't have another setback tbh, and even more surprised if he can last til the end of January without picking up another inury.

Who'd have thought 2 years ago that Sturridge would end up being one of those players who is top class, but held back by injuries? I didn't think he was very good, and I didn't know he had thighs made of wet bread

jts

...hate me...
i've been playing pub matches of CSGO with some of my friends who have only got the game recently and don't play FPS on M+KB usually. 90% of the community are cunts. We had one guy say "If you can't play CSGO why are you playing it?". Fuck people.
I'm a very casual online player, but at one point I was quite good at Uncharted 2 online, the regular shoot bang other blokes mode. Fuck I had some epic replays saved.

But then I tried this other mode, like carry the flag or something or treasure chests, and I got shit about it after the matches. "hey don't try to carry it, u r very bad" god I felt like shit lololol

sohois

Happy birthday!

Congrats on your test m8. What test was it? Chinese language?

HSK 4, which is indeed a Mandarin language test - there are 6 levels in total. HSK is the Chinese government provided tests, btw, not something by a University or anything like that.

Hixx

I love people who get angry in games, they are so fun to wind up.

9/10 they are probably even worse than you at the game.

I'm a very casual online player, but at one point I was quite good at Uncharted 2 online, the regular shoot bang other blokes mode. Fuck I had some epic replays saved.

But then I tried this other mode, like carry the flag or something or treasure chests, and I got shit about it after the matches. "hey don't try to carry it, u r very bad" god I felt like shit lololol

GAF MAG was the best community I ever played with. Everyone was supportuv and worked together well in the squads.

Fergie

Banned

to fuck everything up
Happy birthday! Congrats on the test as well.

Monday is so long away..

GQman2121

Banned

to fuck everything up

Happy Birthday. Congrats on the test murdering!

Is the restaurant Chinese :p

Ha, first thing I learned in that mode was 'never carry the fucking thing for more than 2 seconds'

It just puts a target on your back, and makes you really vulnerable. Its awesome when your team makes a line from the objective to the target, and you throw it between yourselves from one side of the map to the other.

That fucking patch. Which morons came up with that, and which morons greenlit it. It was pretty much perfect in the beta and first release.

My finest moment was getting 3 quick sniper kills as Last Man Standing in Elimination.

You can just tell that when Naughty Dog unveil their new franchise whenever that is, people will still whinge about it, even though they've proven they're well capable of developing SP and MP content at the same time, and doing both of them damn well.

Hixx

Chelsea trying to score nice goals while it's 0-0 rather than just fucking shooting.

I almost want the skunks to score.

Hixx

Pantilimon, Vergini, Reveillere, O'Shea (c), Brown, Bridcutt, Larsson, Gomez, Johnson, Wickham, Altidore.

get sacked Poyet

HSK 4, which is indeed a Mandarin language test - there are 6 levels in total. HSK is the Chinese government provided tests, btw, not something by a University or anything like that.

Congrats

I'm taking the JLPT N3 tomorrow. I don't think I'll pass, but I'm taking it for the experience. I'm planning on taking the N2 next year regardless of my scores.

LTWheels

Confirmed #LFC team to face Sunderland: Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Toure, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Lambert.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes for the clash with Sunderland: Jones, Enrique, Lovren, Gerrard, Can, Allen, Markovic.

Top Bottom