• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Blablurn

I bought the Advent Children Blu Ray from Japan for the FF XIII Demo.

How stupid.

And I told myself the Demo was good.

ibh6TCXvFRwyuz.png

Years later I did the same mistake again and bought the steam version of XIII.

I will never learn.

ibe2eBwkp2ll07.png

You know you've made a shit run when your teammate can instantly tell that you're offside when their attentions are already focussed on keeping the ball

So did I. Did you buy Uncharted at retail, full price?

It's just a statistically-proven reality, guys. Games with trailers and without demos sell better, as a rule.

I bought it at retail new, but it had been out for 7-8 months by the time I got my ps3 for MGS4 so I am sure the price had dropped.

GQman2121

Banned
Three of those games you listed were "new" in a sense. A demo makes sense because it's a type of gameplay that people aren't used to. Did TLOU have a demo? If so I'd argue that it would have sold better without one.

TLOU had a demo, but it was only available on the GOW Ascension disc. That's why I put sorta in parenthesis. It wasn't share-able either.

I firmly believe that demos can only help good games do better. If someone plays a solid demo, likes what they've played and ends up not buying the game, they likely weren't going to buy it anyway.

Bio-Shock is another game that had a stellar demo that had to have had a positive effect on their initial sales.

I hate thinking or even considering sales in games by the way. I really don't give a fuck if any of these games make money. I just want what I want.

GorillaJu

TLOU had a demo, but it was only available on the GOW Ascension disc. That's why I put sorta in parenthesis. It wasn't share-able either.

I firmly believe that demos can only help good games do better. If someone plays a solid demo, likes what they've played and ends up not buying the game, they likely weren't going to buy it anyway.

Bio-Shock is another game that had a stellar demo that had to have had a positive effect on their initial sales.

I hate thinking or even considering sales in games by the way. I really don't give a fuck if any of these games make money. I just want what I want.

Exactly. Demos are pro-consumer. I want a demo for every game, but the truth is that even good games with good demos sell less because people download the demo, enjoy it, feel like they've played the game and then don't feel compelled to buy it.

From the publisher's perspective, it's ideal if you think the only way to experience the game is to go out and pay for it. Remember that some 75% of people who buy games don't ever complete them. Often times just playing it for a couple of hours is enough to satisfy.

You may not care about the publishers perspective, I don't myself, but I'm saying that I wouldn't expect a demo for The Order, nor for Bloodborne. It'd be nice of them if they did put one out, though.

kch

Forgot to put D.Costa back in my fantasyteam lineup..midweek games really mess with my head :(
Oh well he might come in as automatic sub. Not like my team is doing any good either way. Still annoying though :///

GQman2121

Banned
Just realized that Salah is not on the bench. Egypt didn't qualify for ACON, so he's likely on the market in January. Hold on to your butts LFC.

Moving the ball about way too slowly again, like against Sunderland. I expect it from Mikel, but it's disappointing to see Fabregas hold it up so long.

Edit: that would have been fantastic.

Hixx

Chelsea need to be more direct when teams play deep.

They never looked like scoring against us because they would refuse to shoot.

The problem with Chelsea is, they try to walk the ball into the net...

moojito

Reason #426 I'd never have made a decent footballer. If I was a forward/winger getting the ball up in a position for a decent cross like Newcastle have done several times with noone else remotely near the box I'd cross it in anyway then just wave my arms like "what the fuck, guys".

GQman2121

Banned
Exactly. Demos are pro-consumer. I want a demo for every game, but the truth is that even good games with good demos sell less because people download the demo, enjoy it, feel like they've played the game and then don't feel compelled to buy it.

From the publisher's perspective, it's ideal if you think the only way to experience the game is to go out and pay for it. Remember that some 75% of people who buy games don't ever complete them. Often times just playing it for a couple of hours is enough to satisfy.

You may not care about the publishers perspective, I don't myself, but I'm saying that I wouldn't expect a demo for The Order, nor for Bloodborne. It'd be nice of them if they did put one out, though.

I get it. I totally understand what you're saying, that as a core customer, we're in the minority. Publisher's have to expect to lose out on my sale during launch because it could mean five more sales before their margins begin to shrink.

Reason #426 I'd never have made a decent footballer. If I was a forward/winger getting the ball up in a position for a decent cross like Newcastle have done several times with noone else remotely near the box I'd cross it in anyway then just wave my arms like "what the fuck, guys".

Never stopped Downing.

Hixx

Ben Alnwick's younger brother?

They'll want to hope he's better than him. Ben was fucking shite. Will never understand why Spurs signed him off us.

GQman2121

Banned
12 shots, 6 on target, not a single one truly threatening.

Looks like their 3rd choice keeper is coming on for his first ever mins in the league. Maybe that will motivate us to push a bit more.

Marc

Chelsea need to be more direct when teams play deep.

They never looked like scoring against us because they would refuse to shoot.

The problem with Chelsea is, they try to walk the ball into the net...

Yeah, they need a Lampard or someone who is willing to shoot from range.

Arnie

Sat in a cafe with a full English trying to soak up last night. Not ready for team news. Hixx I love you but I want Gus to cry today.

The Reds are winning this.

Hixx

Sat in a cafe with a full English trying to soak up last night. Not ready for team news. Hixx I love you but I want Gus to cry today.

The Reds are winning this.

We will try for our 0-0 special.

So you'll either smash us or it will be 0-0.

Top Bottom