• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Pantilimon, Vergini, Reveillere, O'Shea (c), Brown, Bridcutt, Larsson, Gomez, Johnson, Wickham, Altidore.

get sacked Poyet

Altidore's strength and workrate will give Skrtel nightmares

He can't handle it when anybody just plants themselves on him and prevents him from getting time on the ball

Pardewiola, nothing to be done against his magic.
F0nQhWJ.png

Willian needs to stop starting matches like this and Fabregas needs to be told he isn't playing at Barca anymore, where keeping posession is the most important even against teams that are very compact and are comfortable just defending.

Marc

Pardew for England!

I'm a very casual online player, but at one point I was quite good at Uncharted 2 online, the regular shoot bang other blokes mode. Fuck I had some epic replays saved.

But then I tried this other mode, like carry the flag or something or treasure chests, and I got shit about it after the matches. "hey don't try to carry it, u r very bad" god I felt like shit lololol

Yep, that sums up online gaming for the most part. The smaller, more unsuccessful games tend to have the better communities from what I experienced.

Linius

I thought Chelsea was gonna freewheel their way to the title. Would be interesting if City can close in to three points.

Confirmed #LFC team to face Sunderland: Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Toure, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Lambert.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes for the clash with Sunderland: Jones, Enrique, Lovren, Gerrard, Can, Allen, Markovic.

Gerrard rested for Basel I guess. A lot of work for Lucas to do, assuming Henderson has license to roam forward at will.

Moreno and Johnson was what I wanted

LTWheels

with a front 3 of Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana; I would like to see Lallana tried as a free role in the number 10 behind Lambert, rather than left or right. He is suppose to be better there, but I think we have always played him out wide.

Coutinho - Lallana - Sterling

I don't think we have really seen Coutinho play alongside Lallana properly yet.

L1NETT

Chelsea must be pretty glad they wrapped the league up back in September

oh wait

they'll still grab a draw or all 3 points

I thought Chelsea was gonna freewheel their way to the title. Would be interesting if City can close in to three points.

Well I'm just going to say what I did from the very beginning: It's going to be tight as fuck with Chelsea and City, and everyone who said Chelsea would easily walk the league are idiots.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Lamela, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen; Kane, Soldado #COYS

Yen

Confirmed #LFC team to face Sunderland: Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Toure, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Lambert.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes for the clash with Sunderland: Jones, Enrique, Lovren, Gerrard, Can, Allen, Markovic.
Odd to see no Borini on the bench.
Altidore is absolutely awful, but he could have fun against Skrtel.
Would like to see Markovic get some minutes, though he has been shite.

Hixx

Our midfield today is disgusting. We've sacrificed points today for freshness against West Ham BUT THATS A FUCKING WEEK AWAY.

Linius

Well I'm just going to say what I did from the very beginning: It's going to be tight as fuck with Chelsea and City, and everyone who said Chelsea would easily walk the league are idiots.

I don't watch the games. I just saw the results. Though Chelsea were having an easy go with everyone else fucking up too.

tri_willy

"Liverpool have won their last three meetings with Sunderland and have lost just one of the last nine.
Sunderland have not won at Anfield since October 1983"

Poyet likes to break hoodoos but ffs.

F

F

S

are you sure you didnt post the same thing last season?

with a front 3 of Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana; I would like to see Lallana tried as a free role in the number 10 behind Lambert, rather than left or right. He is suppose to be better there, but I think we have always played him out wide.

Coutinho - Lallana - Sterling

Yeah. Should get the best out of his two-footedness as well. Though Sterling is somewhat hamstrung on the wing in this system, since he's the only on with any pace and often has nowhere to go with it when he's on the byline.

Coutinho in the middle would be a little pointless wth Lambert up front, since he sure as fuck ain't making many darting runs to be found with through balls :p

Our set pieces are going to be abysmal again. Nice to see Toure being rewarded for his decent displays on an individual level.

Hixx

City are going to win the league.

Awww Drogba. Remy would have scored. In the last minute. And celebrated. And they would have cried.

I don't watch the games. I just saw the results. Though Chelsea were having an easy go with everyone else fucking up too.

Chelsea were the superior team in that period, by far better than anyone else. But form drops happens and the squad will suffer with just a few injuries and suspensions, far more than City will. So in the end I think it will be really tight, I'm hoping for Yaya to stop caring again, Hart to be Hart and Kompany/Michelle to defend as the idiots they are.

Felipe Luis makes me so angry. So much talent. Yet he doesnt give a fuck.

What

inky

i've been playing pub matches of CSGO with some of my friends who have only got the game recently and don't play FPS on M+KB usually. 90% of the community are cunts. We had one guy say "If you can't play CSGO why are you playing it?". Fuck people.

At least it wasn't "why are you playing this game if you haven't played it before?" Which is somehow a pretty common thing people say in LoL and Dota 2 chat.

I played a lot of those games and the communities are pretty garbage. It feels bad to say, but even when I played with gaffers over voice chat and everything they weren't any better, other than carefully avoiding using non-pc terms I guess.

At least it wasn't "why are you playing this game if you haven't played it before?" Which is somehow a pretty common thing people say in LoL and Dota 2 chat.

I played a lot of those games and the communities are pretty garbage. It feels bad to say, but even when I played with gaffers over voice chat and everything they weren't any better, other than carefully avoiding using non-pc terms.

I haven't played with many from Gaf, but I've played with Steam friends of Steam friends, and they've been cunts as well

This is going to backfire for Newcastle. Chelsea equalise, momentum surrendered, loss inevitable.

Ve1ocity

A good defence is like our kryptonite, we seem to think holding on to the ball outside the box will somehow make it go in the net.

Top Bottom