• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Zabojnik

El Shaarawy is starting woot woot. He better score woot woot

lJDONg3.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still think Napoli should be doing much better than they are

Rafa's jurassic rotation policy is fucking them in the asscunt

Zabojnik

I still think Napoli should be doing much better than they are

Rafa's jurassic rotation policy is fucking them in the asscunt

They seems to have lost their way and be stuck in some sort of limbo ... of everything. They need a couple of proper defensive players, midfielders and CBs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rugani is the real deal btw

Fuck we really do have some brilliant young players. Might as well sell everyone when we crash out on Tuesday and just fucking flip to a new page already IM TIRED OF THIS BOOK

Zabojnik

Rugani is the real deal btw

Fuck we really do have some brilliant young players. Might as well sell everyone when we crash out on Tuesday and just fucking flip to a new page already IM TIRED OF THIS BOOK

Yeah, we need to bring Rugani back home asap. Beardzagli is DEAD. We need a replacement and I don't want it to be ROLANDO or some other semi-retired pippa.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, we need to bring Rugani back home asap. Beardzagli is DEAD. We need a replacement and I don't want it to be ROLANDO or some other semi-retired pippa.
Sounds like it's going to be Savic

Hey at least we'll get a piece of Splatt with him

Barzagli :lol I forgot all about him

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You just know that AVB is going to force Stevie out :lol he did it with the seniors with Chelsea and Spurs

L1NETT

GorillaJu

You just know that AVB is going to force Stevie out :lol he did it with the seniors with Chelsea and Spurs

He's like the worst man manager in world football. Rodgers is a goomba at times but the players who like him absolutely love him.

AVB is a hopeless twat

And if we hire him I'm going to change my tune completely - book it, kids.

BTW MGS GAF, what did you make of the MGS online trailer when Snake
disappeared like Quite? I guess it is some technology that just allows for Stealth.

GorillaJu

BTW MGS GAF, what did you make of the MGS online trailer when Snake
disappeared like Quite? I guess it is some technology that just allows for Stealth.

There are personal camouflage devices in the MGS universe that would fit in with the timing of MGS5 (the Fear has one in MGS3).

I wish you could camouflage just the clothes on Quiet :(

Wilbur

Banned
How on earth is Daniel Taylor chief football writer for the Guardian. Appalling stuff

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/dec/06/bradford-fire-forgotten-disaster-anniversary#start-of-comments

this piece about the 56 being passed around City circles. At best awfully researched journalism at worst distasteful and twisting words surrounding a terrible tragedy.

Hope there aren't as many ill informed pieces being written as we come to the 30th anniversary.

Whats so ill informed about it, if you don't mind me asking?

L1NETT

Whats so ill informed about it, if you don't mind me asking?

ain't got time to do a full write up now, some decent stuff in the comments. Will just copy and paste summat from a city forum

Badly researched and probably a taste of what is to come as we approach the 30th anniversary.

No memorial? The sculpture was put in place for the reopening in December 1986.

The club haven't attended the 11 May commemorations? I've been to every single one and someone has always been in attendance.

Black in the kit? I think this was missed once, but the fans soon reminded the club and there's always been an element of black - albeit sometimes pretty small. Should be permanent black shorts in my opinion.

Stafford and Jack profiteering? I don't know whether the club did actually have money left over from the rebuilding, but when the club was sold in 1988 we had just missed out on promotion to the top flight and attendances were up significantly, that's the context of the sale, if they made a profit from that it's hardly a shocker.

Players may not have worn black armbands however in every season since the disaster the home kit have incorporated an element of black as a mark of respect / remembrance.
The memorial built in 2001 was in addition to a memorial sculpture that was incorporated into the stand when it was rebuilt following the disaster. there is also a memorial outside Bradford city hall.
Representatives from the club attended every funeral following the disaster, and have attended the memorial service on an annual basis.
The worst part of your article it where you have attempted to twist Jack Tordoff's words. whether you like it or not many of the victims families not to mention others who were in attendance at the match were deeply affected by what they saw are not interested in visible high profile acts of remembrance and do prefer to remember in a low-key, dignified manner rather than display a permanent sense of victimhood. A minutes applause is no way to remember a disaster like this and many Bradford City supporters felt very uncomfortable by such a gesture at the FA Cup final and indeed a similar event following a social media campaign at the League Cup final in 2012.
I feel this is the first many ill informed articles that will appear now certain people have had their way in attracting attention to the tragedy, regardless of what the victims families wanted.

I and many others haven't written to the Guardian reader editors to request corrections. Really poor stuff.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There are personal camouflage devices in the MGS universe that would fit in with the timing of MGS5 (the Fear has one in MGS3).

I wish you could camouflage just the clothes on Quiet :(

But Quiet's seems more than just basic camouflage that we are use to in MGS.
Yeah as we discussed before, looked like she was disintegrating (based on her muscles and skin being rebuilt/regenerated)

Yeah as we discussed before, looked like she was disintegrating (based on her muscles and skin being rebuilt)

That is why I imagined it was some type of medical experiment she under went. The fact that Snake can do it either means that it can be used by anyone in the story, or it is just something for MGO

dc89

The alternative implication would be that you're a small-time, fleeting event that will implode and be long forgotten by any sentient soul.

Aguero is behind the bookshelf

H
E
L
P

Patrick Viera's been waiting in the spaceship for 23 years.

"failure in europe is the one thing that transcends time and space"

"no cooper, we can't go to that planet. It's got no population and complete void of sound"

"what's it called"

"the eithad"

god I suck

off to bed

The Etihad is remarkably like the baseball scene, now you mention it Daniel.

oh my god

:looooool

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the similarities.

Top Bottom