• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

dc89

BTW MGS GAF, what did you make of the MGS online trailer when Snake
disappeared like Quite? I guess it is some technology that just allows for Stealth.

There are personal camouflage devices in the MGS universe that would fit in with the timing of MGS5 (the Fear has one in MGS3).

I wish you could camouflage just the clothes on Quiet :(

Is '2015' still the only solid date we have for MGSV?

But Quiet's seems more than just basic camouflage that we are use to in MGS.

Cant wait for MGS V.
It's going to be Amazing. I hope for a spring/summer release.

GorillaJu

That Carroll header

3zKvvXS.png

GorillaJu

Yesterday the commentators called Moreno "Mourinho"

Today they're calling Montero "Moreno"

What the fuck guys

do you reckon carroll should have been sold?

edit: hahaha well played odd, well played

it's a photoshop job as awful as the source material :lol

fuck Costa.

Carroll must be a nightmare to defend against when he's at something resembling full fitness like he seems to be now. He's all over the place, fighting for very ball, and not giving defenders the space needed to head it cleanly.

Its not what the purists want to see, but its bloody effective as long as the rest of the team take up positions to pick up the loose ball.

His passing is underrated as well imo.

@Odd, noticed that as well. I put it down to Trevor Francis being a doddery old man, and Quinn being a fuckwit

Zabojnik

Carroll must be a nightmare to defend against when he's at something resembling full fitness like he seems to be now. He's all over the place, fighting for very ball, and not giving defenders the space needed to head it cleanly.

Its not what the purists want to see, but its bloody effective as long as the rest of the team take up positions to pick up the loose ball.

@Odd, noticed that as well. I put it down to Trevor Francis being a doddery old man, and Quinn being a fuckwit

Liverpool should buy him, imo.

GorillaJu

In case you forgot, m9, Carroll was a Liverpool player for a season and a half, and he was shit.

We're about as good right now as a poop-salad sandwich, but keeping Carroll wouldn't have done anything for us. It'd just be more drama and would have gotten in the way of the Sturridge transfer.

dc89

MGS will be released in October

You'll see. ;)

October 2016.

Don't say this. That's too far away. But in all seriousness, Robin Atkin-Downes (Kaz voice actor) tweets his new script like every few weeks. He also said in an interview there are loads more lines to record.

:(

I think that is a safe bet.

MGS4 released in June/July iirc. BUT, at the end of Ground Zeroes it does say come back early 2015 for some sort of download.

MGO beta?

I was thinking. FF will have to play as Quiet in MGO, then he fits the character. A sniper deprived of his words.

do you reckon carroll should have been sold?

Yes.

1) He couldn't stay fit
2) He's not conducive to the football Rodgers wants or wanted to play
3) He needs to play constantly to stay in shape, and we couldn't offer that
4) West Ham offered us a lot of money considering we didn't want him

I'd rather have this Carroll than our options now, but this isn't the Carroll we'd have if he'd stayed. In fact, this isn't even the Carroll West Ham have had for 90% of his time since he joined them permanently.

It'd take a bizarre person to actually believe we shouldn't have sold him. Losing him wasn't the problem, its the various players who've replaced him and eachother. Borini, Aspas, Balotelli, Lambert. Not good enough.

@Odd, I know he was shit for us, and I don't want him back. If he's not playing every game, its pointless having him. He struggles for fitness more than anyone I've ever seen. He moves like Huddlestone when he's not playing every week

People who think UC4 doesn't look like a generational shift from 3 are mental. They'd deluded themselves into thinking it'd be a generational shift over Infamous: SS, not Uncharted 3.

Why is PES forcing me to play the Supercup over and over again?

Its downloading in the background I think

I'd rather Roberto Carlos booted me in the bollocks with steel-toed Dr Martens than go to a darts tournament. That song. The crowd. The commentators. The 'sport'. Fuck that.

GorillaJu

People who think UC4 doesn't look like a generational shift from 3 are mental. They'd deluded themselves into thinking it'd be a generational shift over Infamous: SS, not Uncharted 3.

I agree, but I think it's understandable given that the differences between this generation and the previous are more difficult to detect, especially in compressed YouTube footage.

3Sixty

How much better is Song than Arsenals DM's

How much better is Bartley than Arsenals CB's

the questions this game is raising.

bud

Forgot the debate about Carroll and Liverpool strikers.

How much better is The Jenk than Arsenals right backs :lol

i'm not watching the game, but jenkinson would've been just as exposed as bellerin yesterday. arsenal's defensive organisation just doesn't make any sense. but it's good that he's getting some first-team action because i do think he's talented. has a nice cross in him, too.

Top Bottom