• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

kharma45

Good start to the morning, everyone is getting an iPhone at work, either the 6 or 6 Plus.

Usually iPhone's were just for managers and above and all we got was a crappy Nokia dumbphone. Think I'll get the 6 Plus.

Salazar

“Bobby had to come off, [he] started to get cramp,” Redknapp said. “The little boy Vargas looked a bit tired at times, he’s had a baby and looks like he hasn’t quite got the spring in his step he had a few weeks ago, so I end up sticking Niko Kranjcar up there on his own when Charlie got sent off. Niko gets hold of the ball – he can play up there at a pinch but he’s not a striker. You’ve got to have four or five strikers in the Premier League.”

Harry is so primed for January

Also, Bony is too good for Swans.

Good start to the morning, everyone is getting an iPhone at work, either the 6 or 6 Plus.

Usually iPhone's were just for managers and above and all we got was a crappy Nokia dumbphone. Think I'll get the 6 Plus.

They're rolling them out across the central CS deps too. MacBook Air's as work laptops also.

Dat tax payers money.

we're experts at dead things. Our whole league is basically a graveyard of has-beens, almost-beens, half-beens, never-beens and Evra.

and 1986 :lol oh you poor lil Farhat :lol

And yet you have two of the top midfielders in the world.

Just sell them to us already.

We'll give you Herrera.

And Fellaini.

kharma45

They're rolling them out across the central CS deps too. MacBook Air's as work laptops also.

Dat tax payers money.

We get either ThinkPad X1 Carbon's or the big fat ThinkPad's, the T440. Plenty of people would love Mac's but we've so much software built for Windows it's not really feasible at present.

I thought goverment would've been the same too, with lots of legacy software that'll only work on Windows.

Slizz

Just getting home from a night of joy after working 6 out of 7 days this week. Probably going to wake up an hour before kickoff tomorrow. Should be good. Praise Wilson.

Salazar

Wenger close

Ramsey world class

Delightful

75V9Zkq.gif

We get either ThinkPad X1 Carbon's or the big fat ThinkPad's, the T440. Plenty of people would love Mac's but we've so much software built for Windows it's not really feasible at present.

I thought goverment would've been the same too, with lots of legacy software that'll only work on Windows.

It's going to be a big problem, they just haven't thought it through like most things!

We can pick that Lenovothingymajig too. Will pick that if I get the choice.

Both Apple and Lenovo have picked up two big clients then!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Villa are now above Everton. The Europa League really is a curse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1396951596cee230168b2953b8f514f3.jpg

Kovacic: ‘We’re not a great team’

cage-nic-laugh.gif

'we're not a team worthy of the first three places.'

vGp42nE.gif

KidJr

Hi Guys, what I miss? I was in Marrakech for the past week, really cool place once you get past the aggressive borderline confrontational townsfolk in the main markets. Weather was better than England but not quite as hot as I was hoping but nice enough. A good experience but wouldnt be in a rush to go back. Almost totaled my quad bike thinking I was stunt man when on a desert trek, gf thought it was pretty funny as she didnt see the accident but just saw me running after a manless quad bike. Still sore.

I saw Aguero's goal last Wednesday that looked fantastic. I walked into the bar where I was staying on Saturday and was delightfully surprised to see football on, saw Arseanl where down 3-2 and walked out.

I still want to give Wenger more time but he's really trying my patience. Chambers getting sent off I'm assuming really fucked us up?

Messi's second goal yday seemed unbelievably good. Havent seen it proper though (just snippets on twitter).

Pre-Alpha or not, the Uncharted reveal was a disappointment for me, havent watched hi res footage as yet but what happened to that initial trailer man. I'm sure it'll get better but was just a bit taken a back by the feeling of... is this it? Gameplay looks fun though.

How was masterchef for anyone who caught it?

kharma45

It's going to be a big problem, they just haven't thought it through like most things!

We can pick that Lenovothingymajig too. Will pick that if I get the choice.

Both Apple and Lenovo have picked up two big clients then!

The ThinkPad's are hardy enough laptops, I dread to think how a Mac would respond to various drinks being spilled over them.

Zabojnik

Caceres, our best defender, has been out for 2 months now. It is a minor injury, they said. He'll be back after two weeks at most, they said. Same goes for Barzagli.

Marotta pls.

Bold One

Hi Guys, what I miss? I was in Marrakech for the past week, really cool place once you get past the aggressive borderline confrontational townsfolk in the main markets. Weather was better than England but not quite as hot as I was hoping but nice enough. A good experience but wouldnt be in a rush to go back. Almost totaled my quad bike thinking I was stunt man when on a desert trek, gf thought it was pretty funny as she didnt see the accident but just saw me running after a manless quad bike. Still sore.

I saw Aguero's goal last Wednesday that looked fantastic. I walked into the bar where I was staying on Saturday and was delightfully surprised to see football on, saw Arseanl where down 3-2 and walked out.

I still want to give Wenger more time but he's really trying my patience. Chambers getting sent off I'm assuming really fucked us up?

Messi's second goal yday seemed unbelievably good. Havent seen it proper though (just snippets on twitter).

Pre-Alpha or not, the Uncharted reveal was a disappointment for me, havent watched hi res footage as yet but what happened to that initial trailer man. I'm sure it'll get better but was just a bit taken a back by the feeling of... is this it? Gameplay looks fun though.

How was masterchef for anyone who caught it?

go watch the HD version of the Uncharted gameplay, then remember its Pre Alpha a whole year away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQ_VJX0BNo&list=UU7Jo0VTzeyYbZ8cVk3k-EhA&spfreload=10

then come back and apologise to us

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Tottenham are targeting Southampton's 25-year-old France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, team-mate Jay Rodriguez, 25, and Napoli's Spain centre-back Raul Albiol, 29, as they look to bolster the squad in January. (Daily Mirror)
Spurs are also set to move for Celtic defender Virgil Van Dijk, although the 23-year-old is also wanted by Arsenal, Manchester City, Newcastle, Southampton and Swansea. (Daily Express)
Leicester City have had a £7m bid rejected for Croatia striker Andrej Kramaric, 23, who is also wanted by Chelsea and Tottenham. (Daily Express)
Sunderland head coach Gus Poyet remains keen on signing Liverpool's out-of-favour Italian forward Fabio Borini, 23, in January. (Daily Mirror)
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew wants to sign Chelsea's third-choice goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer on an emergency loan. (Sun - subscription required)
QPR boss Harry Redknapp hopes to bring in some Major League Soccer players on loan in January with LA Galaxy's Robbie Keane, 34, top of his list. (Setanta)
Arsenal are set to beat Manchester United to Exeter City's 14-year-old academy player Ethan Ampadu. (Daily Star)

OTHER GOSSIP
Arsenal had hoped 22-year-old midfielder Jack Wilshere would be back from an ankle injury in late January, but they will receive a setback with the news he will now be out until March. (Sun - subscription required)
West Brom goalkeeper Ben Foster says the club's players are "battling" to keep manager Alan Irvine, who has come under pressure after one point from the last five games, in his job. (Daily Star)
Southampton boss Ronald Koeman will face Manchester United counterpart Louis Van Gaal when their teams meet on Monday and the fixture will see the resumption of a feud between the two Dutchmen. (Telegraph)
Switzerland is set to bring in a new law which would allow them to prosecute those guilty of corruption, including members of world football's governing body Fifa whose headquarters are based in the country. (Times - subscription required)
Former Newcastle United midfielder Nolberto Solano, 39, wants to prove himself as a manager in English or Scottish football, and the Peruvian has targeted vacancies at Motherwell and Hartlepool United. (Daily Mail)
Manchester City will win the title if they keep getting referees as benevolent as Andre Marriner, says former Premier League official Graham Poll. (Daily Mail)
Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie, 25, says his "360 and a flick" piece of skill in the 0-0 draw with Tottenham was inspired by Ronaldinho. (Daily Mirror)
Andy Carroll insists there is no reason why West Ham cannot be competing in Europe next year, after his two goals in the 3-1 win over Swansea lifted them to third in the Premier League to continue their impressive start to the season. (Talksport)
Manchester City are hopeful Sergio Aguero will be out for no longer than a month after their 19-goal top scorer suffered suspected knee ligament damage in the 1-0 victory over Everton. The 26-year-old will discover the extent of the injury in the next couple of days after scans. (Guardian)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
And then there were two. Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker feels it is down to a straight fight between Lionel Messi, 27, and Cristiano Ronaldo, 29, for the Ballon d'Or. He tweeted : "A hat-trick for Messi. A hat-trick for Ronaldo. No goals for Neuer. The Ballon d'Or is a 2 horse race."
Hatem Ben Arfa has not had the happiest of loan spells at the KC Stadium, but the 27-year-old Newcastle midfielder has used Instagram to deny a rift with Hull manager Steve Bruce. (In French)

AND FINALLY
Arsenal supporters booed manager Arsene Wenger as he boarded a train at Stoke following his side's 3-2 defeat at the Britannia Stadium. (Guardian)
Stoke striker Peter Crouch, 33, celebrated scoring in the 3-2 win over Wenger's side by crowd-surfing at a Kasabian concert. (NME)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Caceres, our best defender, has been out for 2 months now. It is a minor injury, they said. He'll be back after two weeks at most, they said. Same goes for Barzagli.

Marotta pls.

:lol he only played a few games in fucking September anyway

A make or break year for Ogbonna

Id take a draw tonight

No way m8. Have to win when your rivals slip up. Saints are weakened too.

Even so, too many United fans are happy to "take draws" in these toughish games now. Not good enough - team has to be good enough to get the result. This week and next.

Manager

IT IS OPEN! Apparently big news regarding sponsorship or similar coming up later today.

Article site of first walkthrough is banned, but here's some of the pictures:
iPvfjQyJh1WZk.jpg

ibeHc6PoeNic8D.jpg

ifbajgIFqQwzd.jpg

ibioH9k6Uwrykb.jpg

iLbf4lxKOaoZo.jpg

iLZlcq7VYtb42.jpg

ibhV2clBiuR26.jpg

ib2kppMM5bVtRG.jpg

ijNxraeXvSmGh.jpg

ibwfGxPZnioraC.jpg

ibybtciJtVYuMZ.jpg

iJUwXzp5O2RST.jpg

icaeLwv0p2esM.jpg

Journalists getting introduction now:
James Gray @jamestingray · 41m 41 minutes ago
Full size indoor pitch - very impressive. Oh the Premier League trophy is here too... #mcfc #cfa
B4U8Qy2CAAAWSf1.jpg

James Gray @jamestingray · 1h 1 hour ago
All very plush, but this is just for the journos. Haven't got to the real stuff yet. #cfa #mcfc
B4U3bLTIAAEFya6.jpg

richard askam ‏@richaskam 20m20 minutes ago
Even the cakes are on message at City. Taste pretty good as it goes #mcfc pic.twitter.com/B133GJ7wQU
B4U5Z93IcAA0ZVa.jpg

Bold One

Whole heartily apologizing... caught the gamersyde footage very impressive. Rarely do I ever take anything back, but damn that character model looks incredible!

I feel like an idoit

its alright m8, Twitch and Youtube are not the place to get the nuance and detail that sets ND's work apart.

City are tragic.
they truly are, but you've got to respect that dedication.

truly a blowfish of a club

jts

...hate me...
Sensational.

If some years ago someone told me that City would become the best Manchester, I would not have believed, and yet, here we are.

LTWheels

Since Sheikh Mansour bought City in the summer of 2008 not one English player developed by the club has started in the Premier League.

No excuses now.

Hixx

Since Sheikh Mansour bought City in the summer of 2008 not one English player developed by the club has started in the Premier League.

No excuses now.

The English just aren't good enough for our own league m8.

I mean, look at who we compare to Pirlo ffs.

_72693028_altidore.jpg

908349037.jpg

Top Bottom