• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Wilbur

Banned
Sensational.

If some years ago someone told me that City would become the best Manchester, I would not have believed, and yet, here we are.

form is temporary m8

class is permanant

gaallah will take us back to the promised land

Facism

yayyyy my ipod classic headphone socket has got herpes and i've lost left-channel audio.

Going to be fun opening that thing up and replacing the socket :/

The English just aren't good enough for our own league m8.

I mean, look at who we compare to Pirlo ffs.

_72693028_altidore.jpg

908349037.jpg

Jack Colback is life

Salazar

A shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes to a random Championship club

Take all of your belongings, and never speak of what you did or saw here.

Yen

That I got caught in a massive sleet downpour reminds me how I miss my university halls, with its 24/7 heating, and its massive showers.
Wait is this actually printed on the wall?
christ lol

Place looks nice though
Haha

"You'll Never Walk Alone!" - John W Henry
"I'll let Rafa sign Snoogy Doogy" - George Gillett

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Since Sheikh Mansour bought City in the summer of 2008 not one English player developed by the club has started in the Premier League.

No excuses now.

Nobody actually believes in their 'commitment to youth development' though. Chelsea do the same thing. They buy and 'develop' young talents without any route for them to reach the first team. Playing young players means allowing them to make mistakes, these rich criminals didn't buy these clubs to watch Chambers/Bentaleb-types learn the ropes. They loan out anyone with talent and sell them once a club is on the hook.

Salazar

Nobody actually believes in their 'commitment to youth development' though. Chelsea do the same thing. They buy and develop young talents without any route for them to reach the first team. Playing young players means allowing them to make mistakes, these rich criminals didn't buy these clubs to watch Chambers/Bentaleb-types learn the ropes.

Chambers is making "the right kind of mistakes", Usho. The right kind.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
He certainly is in top form, but after that kind of nasty injury it can be doubtful if he can ever return to that, especially given as he's not exactly super young anymore. Would be crazy to spend a big amount on redeeming a soon 29 year old Falcao with injury problems.

why did the mackems let southampton tonk them for 8? saints' GF would be pretty embarrassingly low considering their position in the table if that was a dour 1-0.

Oh God I'm dying, a Brøndby supporter through on the radio yesterday for a quiz thing.

Q "How many letters are there in the band name U2"

A "5"

THtN1Xy.jpg

Manager

There's plenty of promising players at City already, with more emerging.

Karim Rekik (19) at PSV - Started whole last season, same now and 1st in the league. Called up to Holland national team.
Jason Denayer (19) at Celtic - Starting every match, 1st in the Scottish Premier League. Called up to Belgium national team.
Marcos Lopes (18) at Lille - Starting, played for City's first team.
John Guidetti (22) at Celtic - 10 goals in 13 matches, though he's not a teenager anymore. Called up to Sweden national team.
Jose Pozo (18) - Played twice in Premier League last week.

Not saying these guys will walk into the first team, but the academy is starting to produce a big talent every year now. There's more loaned out in Championship and other leagues obviously.

Karim Rekik is a Watford legend manager.

LPmXfuf.png

Xnvg6OW.png

looooooool

The amateur team that somehow made it into the league (and are doing quite well) tweeted this too

Hobro IK
An unfortunate defeat against Randers despite being up with 2 men for the later part of the match. If only we could meet Brøndby every round.

Love it.
ibcQEAknQpBd7i.png

Very nice, could you do Kelechi Iheanacho, Jason Denayer and Marcos Lopes? Any Chelsea talents of yours going legend? Ake?

Kelechi Iheanacho is terrible and playing in Cyprus lol, Jason Denayer average at bestp laying for QPR.

Marcos Lopes is actually playing (a little) for City though and seems fairly good

kf4ibTF.png

Ake sucks in FM, hard. Chalobah is a machine though, I loaned him in 3 seasons in a row with Watford then signed him on a free. He then took England to the world cup finale where they lost 2-1. :(

Boga is also top class, but I can't get my hands on him

Scum

Karim Rekik is a Watford legend manager.

LPmXfuf.png

Xnvg6OW.png

The amateur team that somehow made it into the league (and are doing quite well) tweeted this too

Hobro IK
An unfortunate defeat against Randers despite being up with 2 men for the later part of the match. If only we could meet Brøndby every round.

Love it.
ibcQEAknQpBd7i.png

loooool

By the way, what addons do you have for FM2015? I need to spruce mine up.

But I really want to believe.
FF, pls.

Manager

Kelechi Iheanacho is terrible and playing in Cyprus lol, Jason Denayer average at bestp laying for QPR.

Marcos Lopes is actually playing (a little) for City though and seems fairly good

kf4ibTF.png

Ake sucks in FM, hard. Chalobah is a machine though, I loaned him in 3 seasons in a row with Watford then signed him on a free. He then took England to the world cup finale where they lost 2-1. :(

Boga is also top class, but I can't get my hands on him

Very nice, thanks. Weird about Kelechi, he looks awesome at the start of FM15.

Remember two guys of yours were great in the U18/U19 England match against US a few weeks ago, one of them had a double-surname, striker or attacker of some kind.

Scum

I just reinstalled so none actually. I don't remember what facepack I got, but it's like 6gb that I downloaded a year ago. Then a few custom squad views.

Oh yeah. I forgot that you were re-installing Windows. I'll go hunting for some squad views then.

Very nice, thanks. Weird about Kelechi, he looks awesome at the start of FM15.

Remember two guys of yours were great in the U18/U19 England match against US a few weeks ago, one of them had a double-surname, striker or attacker of some kind.

Probably Dominic Solanke and Loftus-Cheek, Loftus Cheek hasn't been much around the first team but Solanke just turned 17 and has been on the bench a few times now for Chelsea and gotten a few minutes. None of them seems good in FM though.

Linius

There's plenty of promising players at City already, with more emerging.

Karim Rekik (19) at PSV - Started whole last season, same now and 1st in the league. Called up to Holland national team.

Not saying these guys will walk into the first team, but the academy is starting to produce a big talent every year now. There's more loaned out in Championship and other leagues obviously.

Rekik is ass. So is PSV. Please understand.

Probably Dominic Solanke and Loftus-Cheek, Loftus Cheek hasn't been much around the first team but Solanke just turned 17 and has been on the bench a few times now for Chelsea and gotten a few minutes. None of them seems good in FM though.

I remember Loftus-Cheek playing in the post season friendlies against City and bossing Toure out of the game. It was amazing, in the end Toure kicked him and injured him.

Manager

Loftus-Cheek was it, looked great in that match.

Rekik is ass. So is PSV. Please understand.

Of those five, him and Guidetti are the ones that I think City fans have the least hopes on. He wasn't very good in the pre-season, seemeed very lost. Apparently City wanted him to go to a better league, but Rekik forced the PSV loan a second year.

Linius

Of those five, him and Guidetti are the ones that I think City fans have the least hopes on. He wasn't very good in the pre-season, seemeed very lost. Apparently City wanted him to go to a better league, but Rekik forced the PSV loan a second year.

They deserve each other.

L1NETT

Speaking of chelsea youngsters, Bamford probably gonna have his loan extended at Boro

Has been in great form past months, their player of the month

Kid just scores goals whereever he goes. Right good talent, but his future lies away from Chelsea. So do most of their young talents.

Speaking of chelsea youngsters, Bamford probably gonna have his loan extended at Boro

Has been in great form past months, their player of the month

Kid just scores goals whereever he goes. Right good talent, but his future lies away from Chelsea. So do most of their young talents.

My guess is he'll be 3rd choice next year if he will accept it then probably leave in January or the Summer for regular playing time. Shame cause he seems awesome!

bud

does anyone still use chrome? i just switched to firefox and it's so much faster.

i can now open the last page of the uncharted thread without having to wait a minute for it all to load.

Top Bottom