• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Scum

Haven't been following much with football since the international break due to work, but seen that Sturridge is out for another six weeks.

We should of brought Remy in or gone for Lacazette, as we now lack so much pace upfront.

Hopefully Balotelli can step up, but I can't see it.

Isn't Balo injured?

El Topo

Great defender, one of the best but he's also prone to injuries. Would be a huge risk. Then again, I'm not even sure he'd come.

Sometimes players get injured, sometimes a bit more often. I'm not sure if I would necessarily call him prone to injuries, although he has amassed quite a few days of injuries over the past few years.

If you want a world class defender in January, you'll have to pay a lot. There's just not too many around.

Elchele

Great title penny

will be almost impossible to improve over the contents of the last OT, tho. What a fucking ride it was

ECHO is reporting that he will make the Crystal Palace game.

Whether he starts is a different question. I think Rodgers has given up with him already.

Think he's given up on all of them tbh, Balotelli will likely continue playing as he's the only one of the 3 with the scope to ever become a good enough option for us, however unlikely it is

3Sixty

Southampton will offer Nathaniel Clyne an extended and improved contract in the coming weeks, with Liverpool among the clubs who are closely monitoring his future.

lol brenda pls

Walshy

Think he's given up on all of them tbh, Balotelli will likely continue playing as he's the only one of the 3 with the scope to ever become a good enough option for us, however unlikely it is
I agree with you.

Borini seems set for Inter. Balotelli will end up on loan somewhere, as no Italian club will meet our asking price. Lambert is the one most likely to stay imo.

ECHO is reporting that we are looking to bring back Origi in January and willing to pay any price to cut the loan. Him and Lacazette pls.

GorillaJu

Walshers is Lacazette an actual target or is he someone you want personally?

Title is okay but would have been better with out "all the". Like the snitch stole the whole concept of banter.

vc5sq9I.jpg

Walshy

Why did Liverpool ever buy Lambert then?

I mean it's not like his last season at Southampton was a complete failure and he can't score goals?
He was meant to be a plan B for Sturridge and Suarez.

Liverpool then panicked after not getting Sanchez or a decent Suarez replacement and then went for the only 'big name' forward on the market, Balotelli.

Balotelli and Lambert are really similar in play style, so I think Balotelli has took Lambert's role within the squad as providing a different option.

Walshers is Lacazette an actual target or is he someone you want personally?

Title is okay but would have been better with out "all the". Like the snitch stole the whole concept of banter.
He was a reported target last summer iirc, but he opted to stay at Lyon where he has now scored 11 in 13 over there.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

I mean it's not like his last season at Southampton was a complete failure and he can't score goals?

he's a feels buyer. when he's propped up by suarez, he's steve jobs. when he's down and found out, he's jim jones.

We bought him because as you said he was decent last season, and was theoretically the ideal 3rd choice striker for a system with 1 up front, and an ideal 2nd choice striker in a system with 2 up front.

Unfortunately, both he and the second choice striker have turned out to be rubbish, and Sturridge has been injured constantly. Anyone could have seen Balotelli uunderwhelming, but i've been abolutely shocked by how unfit-looking and generally poor Lambert has been.

I think we knew Suarez was going at the end of the season tbh, the Barca move went way too smoothly for that not to have been in the works, especially as the suspension stuff would have complicated things otherwise.

Well I don't have any doubt Mourinho will try and get him. I see very little chance of it happening though.

Here's the deal Madrid GAF, Bale and Varane for Hazard, ok.
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

Wonder if his relationship with the Madrid board would put a spanner in the works when doing any business with them. They're financially arrogant enough to hold grudges like that I think.

Top Bottom