• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

I really don't see Wilshere in the holding midfield role, but more a box to box player supporting both attack and defence. His attacks and wanders out of position too much to be a successful dm.

Wilshere is a number 10 type player. That was how he grew up and the position he is best suited to. However, because of his injuries and Wenger being Wenger, his progress in that position has never come to full ligh .

I remember watching him when he was 16 in the youth cup final against Liverpool and he dominated there.

Lightning

Banned
Wilshere is a number 10 type player. That was how he grew up and the position he is best suited to. However, because of his injuries and Wenger being Wenger, his progress in that position has never come to full ligh .

I remember watching him when he was 16 in the youth cup final against Liverpool and he dominated there.
Özil is infinitely a better no10. No matter how good Wilshere becomes in that position i can't ever see him being better than Özil in that position and therefore for us he's best played as a box to box player.

Fuck Wenger playing Özil out of position. Then not giving him a break and thus injuring him. Pisses me off so much.

FootballFan

WiywxTs.gif

LOOL

why would Reus join a worse side than where he is now?
If Real Madrid ends up selling Bale, I'm pretty sure they will sign Reus.

Firmino will replace Reus in Dortmund, and milch will love it

More like Volland. Shinji and Micky can both play as CAM, if Reus leaves, we should sign a winger and not another CAM.

can we talk about immobile

what are u doin

COME BACK

Immobile is okay. We're in a shit situation in the league and Aubameyang as striker helped us the most. Or more like Kramer scoring that own goal :lol. But Ciro is scoring just fine in the DFB cup and CL.

Just wait until we're doing okay in the league again and Kloppo has worked his magic on Ciro

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Immobile is okay. We're in a shit situation in the league and Aubameyang as striker helped us the most. Or more like Kramer scoring that own goal :lol. But Ciro is scoring just fine in the DFB cup and CL.

Just wait until we're doing okay in the league again and Kloppo has worked his magic on Ciro

OK MILCH I TRUST U

Just watched 'The Babadook'

Really liked it, very clever film.

RIGHT? Fucking loved it. And Essie Davis, oh baby, she was TOP.

Strootlord: “With him looking on, whether it’s during a training session or in a packed stadium, it’s not a matter of me wanting the ball,” Strootman says of Van Gaal. “No, I’ve got to have it. It is mine. It’s like an obligation I have to Van Gaal.”

#Strootz&Gahl5ever

GorillaJu

Apparently we are after Clyne as our Johnson replacement.

He's gonna end up being shit when we get him.

From what I've seen of Manquillo he looks well suited to replace Johnson. I'd only want us to go for Clyne if Manquillo wasn't going to stay with us after his loan.

From what I've seen of Manquillo he looks well suited to replace Johnson. I'd only want us to go for Clyne if Manquillo wasn't going to stay with us after his loan.

Flanagan should return soon as well I think. Obviously neither he or Manquillo are as good as Clyne, but RB isn't a priority position if both are available, and Clyne would cost a hell of a lot. Plus, why would he even want to join us? I'd be surprised if we finish above 8th this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cocaine will do that to you.

i cant breathe

we should really chain him up in a basement

Billionaire style king Lapo Elkann has accused celebrity chef Travis London of stalking him, and lying in tweets in which he claimed the two had an affair

Elkann made front page news in 2005 when a 54-year-old transvestite he was with called an ambulance, saving him from a deadly overdose

Elchele

More like Volland. Shinji and Micky can both play as CAM, if Reus leaves, we should sign a winger and not another CAM.

Micky can play as CAM as much as I can play as professional footballer. He's shit there, has basically 0 creativity and poor vision.

Firmino can play as CAM and winger, like Reus. And scores a lot of goals, like Reus

Micky can play as CAM as much as I can play as professional footballer. He's shit there, has basically 0 creativity and poor vision.

Firmino can play as CAM and winger, like Reus. And scores a lot of goals, like Reus

Firmino started being better when they stopped playing him on the wing. He's a CAM and we have Shinji m8

Also, we have Hofmann and Leitner (lol ;() coming back next season, who can also play CAM as well. If we get a Reus replacement, it's gonna be a winger. Shinji already is the Reus as CAM replacement.

Elchele

Firmino started being better when they stopped playing him on the wing. He's a CAM and we have Shinji m8

Also, we have Hofmann and Leitner (lol ;() coming back next season, who can also play CAM as well. If we get a Reus replacement, it's gonna be a winger.

The fact that he can shine so much in a terrible team like Hoffenheim, tells how good he is. He could improve in the winger position under Klopp.

Leitner is shit, let it go. If anything, I would get Bittencunt back

KidJr

Özil is infinitely a better no10. No matter how good Wilshere becomes in that position i can't ever see him being better than Özil in that position and therefore for us he's best played as a box to box player.

Fuck Wenger playing Özil out of position. Then not giving him a break and thus injuring him. Pisses me off so much.

Would you drop Ramsey or Wilshere, because when everyone is fit it's painstakingly obvious both of them cant play (assuming your playing Theo right, Sanchez left off the main striker).

lol @ new thread smell

The fact that he can shine so much in a terrible team like Hoffenheim, tells how good he is. He could improve in the winger position under Klopp.

Leitner is shit, let it go. If anything, I would get Bittencunt back

Could you pls stop answering me

I'm trying to write my bachelor thesis here you cunt

doicare

What's going on? It's been more than 24 hours and no more Man United players have been injured, i'm so confused with the world right now.

Unsure of the truth to those rumors... But will be sad to see Cech if he goes to Arsenal, but he deserves to play as the #1 somewhere. Was hoping it would be a different league though.

I just don't understand why it's Arsenal

They have a very good young keeper who is improving every season, and a very good backup who should be able to step in without a problem when needed

Cech would be an immediate improvement over the 2, but unnecessary imo

L1NETT

ALL the nation's top football clubs will join Bradford City to mark the 30th anniversary of the Valley Parade disaster next year with an ambitious target of raising £300,000 for burns research work, the Telegraph & Argus can reveal today.

But this year a special event will take place in conjunction with the Football League and the Premier League with a minute's silence before all matches on the weekend of April 25 and fundraising work at the soccer grounds to support the plastic surgery and burns research unit at Bradford University

Fitting tribute. Hope Bradford Burns Unit raise a lot, those folk do great work.

This just happened with no sense of irony

Me to arsenal supporting friend - "Seen the stories Arsenal are going to sign Cech?"

Arsenal supporting friend - "Wow really? Didn't see that coming. Guess Wenger hasn't been impressed with Ospina and wants a better back up?"

Me - "...what?"

Friend - "Ospina? He plays for Mexico or something. Was good in the WC"

Me - "Arsenal fans are the worst"

I just don't understand why it's Arsenal

They have a very good young keeper who is improving every season, and a very good backup who should be able to step in without a problem when needed

Cech would be an immediate improvement over the 2, but unnecessary imo

They do?

and as you said, it isn't 2010 anymore, he needs to stop being an idiot on the pitch and improve a lot more than he has. Cech would be the clear number 1 and improve their team.

Fuck PES, was killing it with my settings and then they uopdated everything and changed Roma around

edit: and i just realised you could save settings. Guess that makes me the fool

edir edit: just got a Totti hat trick against Real.

Yen

Clyne would be £25m at least. #BigEnglishLegs.

I'd be up for Liverpool signing Cech
-
You should see the level of passive aggression in my house these days. My two housemates hate each other so they're engaged in a war of attrition - one locked the other out of the WiFi because he didn't contribute to the bill, so the other won't give us the electric card, so we have no power. Can't quite figure out why this is happening. Great banter, it really is.

jtb

Banned
Cech would be a great buy. Wonder how many years he has left in him, hard to believe he's only 32, feels like he's been around forever.

could have another eight or so quality years in him, but could also promptly fall off a cliff

Clyne would be £25m at least. #BigEnglishLegs.

I'd be up for Liverpool signing Cech
-
You should see the level of passive aggression in my house these days. My two housemates hate each other so they're engaged in a war of attrition - one locked the other out of the WiFi because he didn't contribute to the bill, so the other won't give us the electric card, so we have no power. Can't quite figure out why this is happening. Great banter, it really is.

Give them both a slap

We'll be plunging entire new depths of incompetence if we don't even try getting Cech, and let him go to Arsenal. We need him more than they do, and if Chelsea would be willing to do business with them, they'd probably be willing to do it with us.

He'd probably choose them regardless, but still.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Would Mou allow him to move Arsenal? He's known to interfere innit

No reason to sell him either

Szczesny's talented. But reliable? Eh.

Cech is in a different stratosphere, and would be a better captain than anyone we currently have. Find the rumours had to believe though.

I really don't see Wilshere in the holding midfield role, but more a box to box player supporting both attack and defence. His attacks and wanders out of position too much to be a successful dm.

I dunno. If he has a strong, dynamic B2B CM by his side then I think Wilshere could flourish as a DLP. Agility and (positive) passing range have always been his best qualities, he's not energetic and "all-action" like Ramsey. Regardless of where he's going to play though, he needs discipline, and at 22, now's the time to instill it. He showed this week that he can be more restrained and make better decisions on the ball, so I think we should continue down that route for him.

The season is effectively a write-off (if Sturridge keeps picking up knocks then we should stumble to 4th even at our worst). I'd happily spend it getting Ramsey and Wilshere to function as a tactically astute pair than persevere with Arteta and Flamini.

Top Bottom