• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Crap Taxidermy ‏@CrapTaxidermy 15h15 hours ago

"What are you staring at buddy? Like this is my dream job or something! I ought to comb-over there and kick your ass"

B21xhfiCMAAY5EE.jpg

I need this guys book.

Kopenhagen is in shambles once again.
They're loosing Bengtsson to Mainz.

Wooden pls no Seppuku.

We've known for over a year now that he was leaving, just not to where. Got his replacement signed too. Bengtsson is great though, one of our few players who looks like he wants to win.

RiggyRob

Jeez, not many draws in that division :D

Wish I'd got into football early enough to play it properly

It's to be expected, we're the 4th division out of 5, so as you can probably tell none of the teams are amazing. Flukey wins and narrow defeats abound.

You play for Sporting CS? What year did you join UoM?

2011, but I didn't even know we had a team until this year. Plus I was away on placement last year so I couldn't have played then anyway.

Pennywise

I need this guys book.

We've known for over a year now that he was leaving, just not to where. Got his replacement signed too. Bengtsson is great though, one of our few players who looks like he wants to win.

Still can't believe WHY anyone would make a guinea pig comb.
I mean a weird looking fox or other animals are one thing, but some ideas that people have are just mindblowing.

Crap Taxidermy @CrapTaxidermy · Nov 10

Still better than a pair of Crocs...
B2E-ZBwIMAA8Egd.jpg

Gonna get the book once I've got some money left.

It's to be expected, we're the 4th division out of 5, so as you can probably tell none of the teams are amazing. Flukey wins and narrow defeats abound.

2011, but I didn't even know we had a team until this year. Plus I was away on placement last year so I couldn't have played then anyway.

Ahh.

Played against your lot a couple of times when I played in that league. Had a very good team back in 09-10. We Chelsea'd them.

I find Cech to Arsenal hard to believe. He's a great goalkeeper, he'll get better offers and £7m is far too low.

Wenger has persisted with with Chesney this long, I dont see why he'd replace him at this point

I find Cech to Arsenal hard to believe. He's a great goalkeeper, he'll get better offers and £7m is far too low.

Wenger has persisted with with Chesney this long, I dont see why he'd replace him at this point

You are probably right on that second point - but not sure about the first. Where will those better offers come from?

The only one to rival it that could be forthcoming would actually be from United if we lose De Gea in the summer....but that's dependent on many different things, De Gea leaving, LvG wanting Cech, United making the top 4, etc.

Arsenal is a good offer. He'll be well paid and gets to stay in London. Won't be winning much but he's had a successful career already.

You are probably right on that second point - but not sure about the first. Where will those better offers come from?

The only one to rival it that could be forthcoming would actually be from United if we lose De Gea in the summer....but that's dependent on many different things, De Gea leaving, LvG wanting Cech, United making the top 4, etc.

Arsenal is a good offer. He'll be well paid and gets to stay in London. Won't be winning much but he's had a successful career already.

PSG. That oil club conspiracy.

PSG wanted him over the summer iirc (along with half of our squad), Real Madrid have been linked with another keeper too - the Carlo connection.

If he is available I don't see him lacking offers for a top goalkeeper. Although I still maintain he won't play until his late 30s due to his head gear etc, I think he will probably retired at 35, maybe 36.

Hugo Borst, writer of great LVG biog 'O Louis' tells @tSHandJ #Strootman v keen to join #MUFC. 'Shook hands on it when LVG mentioned it'

Easy peasy. Hope we do it in Jan.

Strootlord: “With him looking on, whether it’s during a training session or in a packed stadium, it’s not a matter of me wanting the ball,” Strootman says of Van Gaal. “No, I’ve got to have it. It is mine. It’s like an obligation I have to Van Gaal.”

Delightful

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 5m5 minutes ago

Louis van Gaal says Angel Di Maria and @D_DeGea are fit for #mufc's game at Arsenal on Saturday but @BlindDaley could be out for six months.

Blind out for 6 months. Fuck.

Carrick available but Shaw's a doubt.

Rikkun

Hey guys
What do you think of colleagues who come to your home to blow you and then directly drink water from the bottle without saying anything?
Asking for a cousin.

Also, subbed.

PS: english not included

Linius

Last year we missed out on Van Ginkel. Got injured big time.

This year we sadly sold Blind. Got injured big time.

Pay attention big clubs.

Fergie

Banned
Debuchy and Koscielny around 3 weeks away from being involved.

So, Monreal at CB this weekend?

LvG adds that Luke Shaw is doubtful for the trip to the Emirates but expects Michael Carrick to be available.

Hopefully he'll be fit.

Lightning

Banned
Our injury situation is not looking so bad now. Only Ospina, Ozil, Debuchy and Koscielny out now.

Debuchy and Kos should be playing before Christmas so provided we don't get anymore injuries we are in pretty good shape.

Zabojnik

When's the next international break? So I can plan a vacation.

Hey guys
What do you think of colleagues who come to your home to blow you and then directly drink water from the bottle without saying anything?
Asking for a cousin.

Also, subbed.

PS: english not included

The thirst is real. That's really all there's to say about it.

wedward

Cech would be a great signing for us. Ospina is dead and Shz hasn't shown enough to be a guranteed starter. Some real competition would be good for bim.

Cech would be our number 1 obviously.

Don't think Jack is a DM for Arsenal. Against smaller teams maybe, but I think like jtb said, Ozil Jack and a Dm is a good mid.

KidJr

Our injury situation is not looking so bad now. Only Ospina, Ozil, Debuchy and Koscielny out now.

Debuchy and Kos should be playing before Christmas so provided we don't get anymore injuries we are in pretty good shape.

Yeah Debuchy and kos back in training I heard.

However us not getting any more injuries is highly unlikely.

Barney @Red News ‏@barneyrednews · 17s17 seconds ago
LvG on Falcao: " It takes time. Next week he shall train, probably with our selection + then he needs 2 weeks and maybe a game..." #mufc

Rumbo :(

Hopefully he can make the Stoke game.

Clegg

Falcao looked better than all our strikers when he was playing.

Shame we probably won't use that option to buy.

D_prOdigy

My mum keeps saying that Falcao was a rubbish signing and "we'll probably send him back in January"

This kind of thing isn't going to help remedy her wrong opinion any time soon.

Wonder if these smaller Falcao injuries are related to him spending so long out with that cruciate injury. Was he like this before he had that?

Top Bottom