• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Our defence can be improved. But with THAT defence, yes.....THAT defence......we nearly won the league!?! THAT defence can be improved on. The squad can be improved on.

We will improve it.

What then? What if we concede less goals and still score the same amount of goals? What if our squad is improved on and it is deep enough and good enough to handle the extra games?

If anything, all this nonsense coming from rival supporters right about now, confirms one thing to me and one thing only.....and its the most important thing and all I need to know.

They are worried.

We are Liverpool.

They. ARE. Worried.

absolutely sensational incredible i cant breathe

A more interesting question is, which managers have lost their only world class player, and lasted more than a year afterwards?

Most teams seem to either have none, or more than one world class player since Bale and Suarez left. Arsenal with Sanchez I think are the only PL club atm with one world class player.

Blablurn

HQWoO2R.png

Dortmund back at the relegation places. Now if Stuttgart wins today... It's gonna be even better.

faridmon

Meh, I don't why you guys post RAWK posts, every club have their own delusion fans, even here on Footy-GAF

Those comment don't hold a candle on shit I have seen on Everton forums.

A more interesting question is, which managers have lost their only world class player, and lasted more than a year afterwards?

Most teams seem to either have none, or more than one world class player since Bale and Suarez left. Arsenal with Sanchez I think are the only PL club atm with one world class player.

Matic IMO is the worlds best DM player at the moment. He's certainly one of the most consistent players in the league and he always performs well.

Matic IMO is the worlds best DM player at the moment. He's certainly one of the most consistent players in the league and he always performs well.

He's not the only world class player at Chelsea though, and he hasn't left :p

May have been the only world class player at Benfica, never saw him play for them though

faridmon

Why the fuck is Spurs playing with that high line? Why the fuck are they still playing with that high line still with kind of defence?

Fucking 5 years and they never learn. I am pissed off and I am not even a Spurs fan.

Scum pls

We lost Bebe and Fergie stayed

It can happen

Scum

I don't think you could make a decent team out of both of us combined.

I thought of this just a minute ago. I don't think you actually can. We should both be banned from signing players.

Why the fuck is Spurs playing with that high line? Why the fuck are they still playing with that high line still with kind of defence?

Fucking 5 years and they never learn. I am pissed off and I am not even a Spurs fan.

Scum pls

I gave up ages ago. Just send us to the Championship already.

faridmon

I really wanted Dier at back at Everton.
I can see him being a good CB. He a bit slow but he is intelligent. Clumsy, but that can be improved.

Hope Spurs sell him and we end up sign him on.

wedward

Ozil m8

You could make a decent midfield and front line, I think.

Defence is a disaster tho.

Midfield would be no more than average imo, no matter how you splice it.

Dembele
Capoue
Gerrard
Can
Allen
Henderson
Paulinho
Mason

None of them are playing particularly well, though a few of them have had periods where they've shown they're capable.

His long shots can sometimes be frustrating, but damn he cleans up almost everything in front of the defense, love it when Chelsea are under pressure and he just manages to hold on to it for half a minute by using his body to protect the ball and run up the pitch... and his long balls are really nice as well, he even set Salah up to score a goal, which takes a lot of skill.

Scum

His long shots can sometimes be frustrating, but damn he cleans up almost everything in front of the defense, love it when Chelsea are under pressure and he just manages to hold on to it for half a minute by using his body to protect the ball and run up the pitch... and his long balls are really nice as well, he even set Salah up to score a goal, which takes a lot of skill.

Can we have Matic please?

He is a joy to watch really. He can go from just getting in the way to bursting through the midfield and setting something up. Very unsung a lot of the time. Chelsea would have lost a few games without him.

If Matic takes on a couple of midfielders or passes it round them, Chelsea are always dangerous as the people that tend to latch onto his passes are Fabregas, Oscar, Willian, Costa or Hazard.

Top Bottom