• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

jesalr

Also

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS 4m4 minutes ago
Mason attempted 103 passes today. 90% completion. 5 key passes. 2 shots, 1 on target. Might have scored had Lamela squared it at the end.

Mason really coming into his own, has made that CM spot his, the only question is who sits beside him now.

Zabojnik

Lazio 0 - 3 Juve (56k & mobile friendly)

Pogba 0-1
GlitteringAchingGallinule.gif

Godba with an almost for the ages
GrotesqueBothBelugawhale.gif

Tevez 0-2
SophisticatedDeafeningHadrosaurus.gif

Black Verratti 0-3
FrailAdventurousHyena.gif

I thought we were better in the second half, even before the red. Obviously the red changed the game and we had even more time on the ball.

I didn't think we were actively bad at any point (even the goal, which should have been pressed higher) but Hull were defending well.

23 shots. 75% possession.

Ugly, but a win.

We were lucky not to be two down though. Can't ignore that. We're poor at the back and poor up front. Either the players aren't doing what the manager wants, or the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

Seeing Mason displace Spurs' other midfielders so easily makes me think it's time for Rossiter to be given another runout. He's very young, but supposedly has a good (square) head on his shoulders, and he's probably better than Gerrard at this moment.

FootballFan

Lazio 0 - 3 Juve (56k & mobile friendly)

Pogba 0-1
http://giant.gfycat.com/GlitteringAchingGallinule.gif[IMG]

Godba with an almost for the ages
[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/GrotesqueBothBelugawhale.gif[IMG]

Tevez 0-2
[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/SophisticatedDeafeningHadrosaurus.gif[IMG]

Black Verratti 0-3
[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/FrailAdventurousHyena.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Who is on 56k these days.

Please tell me.

Scum

Seeing Mason displace Spurs' other midfielders so easily makes me think it's time for Rossiter to be given another runout. He's very young, but supposedly has a good (square) head on his shoulders, and he's probably better than Gerrard at this moment.

What's there to lose? Wouldn't hurt.

jesalr

We were lucky not to be two down though. Can't ignore that. We're poor at the back and poor up front. Either the players aren't doing what the manager wants, or the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

Were we really that lucky? Hull had 2 shots on target all game. The first a goal, the second a good save from Lloris. I don't think that makes us lucky. They pressured extremely well during that period, and had a lot of the ball in the area around our goal. But as poorly as we defended, we got it away most of the time.

Rodgers looks defeated. No fire, no anger, just cliches. Make them train double tomorrow, tell Lovren to start looking for another club, tell Gerrard he'll be a sub from now on and if he doesn't like it he can leave, go on Linkedin and find any defensive coach, ask FSG if they will back you financially in January.

Scum

Rodgers looks defeated. No fire, no anger, just cliches. Make them train double tomorrow, tell Lovren to start looking for another club, tell Gerrard he'll be a sub from now on and if he doesn't like it he can leave, go on Linkedin and find any defensive coach, ask FSG if they will back you financially in January.

I didn't see the lineup but did Can start or is he injured again? 'cos he should be ahead of Gerrard and Allen.

Were we really that lucky? Hull had 2 shots on target all game. The first a goal, the second a good save from Lloris. I don't think that makes us lucky. They pressured extremely well during that period, and had a lot of the ball in the area around our goal. But as poorly as we defended, we got it away most of the time.

Ben Arfa should have scored the follow up.

ICKE

Banned
I know it is not supposed to be the Liverpool way but Rodgers needs to go ASAP, ultimately he is responsible for not bringing in good talent and wasting all those millions. The team is utter gash, can't even put a fight against Palace. You can forget about qualifying for Europe with this bunch, then again who are the available managers at the moment? And are the owners willing to invest during January, because if they are not.....then who knows where this team ends up.

Go_Ly_Dow

"If Arsenal had scored in the first 20 minutes then it is a different game," said the United boss. "And then maybe I have to respond to all the questions asking why I chose the three centre-backs. But now I can laugh"

I didn't see the lineup but did Can start or is he injured again? 'cos he should be ahead of Gerrard and Allen.

Nope

Midfield was Gerrard, Allen and Lallana. Allen was okay tbf, and Lallana got a good assist. Should have made room for Can though. Lucas and Toure must be livid seeing Gerrard and Loven play and flop every important game.

Blablurn

I know it is not supposed to be the Liverpool way but Rodgers needs to go ASAP, ultimately he is responsible for not bringing in good talent and wasting all those millions. The team is utter gash, can't even put a fight against Palace.

man u r so right.

liverpool is a miss. no idea how u fared but i had tears at the end. never saw my father so destroyed after a game either

stuff must happen

we need to get rid of rodgers because he aint got the spirit of 84 anymore.

we need to react.

we need to change the style and the players. im done with garbage like allen and balotelli m8

fucking sake. if our board doesnt change the status quo till next thrursday im through with this team.#

seriously man

jesalr

I don't get why Vertonghen is catching shit for the red card. He was kicked in the back of the leg, he went down. He didn't roll over, he didn't cry, didn't scream for the ref.

Sure, not a red card, but it wasn't Vertonghen's fault. Not sure what Ramirez thinks he's doing there.

I'm not sure how I feel about the rule that makes a team play with 10 men while a player is sorted out after a foul btw

Thought this for a while, not just a reaction to Allen, but he got a proper elbow to the back of the head, and we get punished for it. Think they could maybe introduce a rule where the other team have to put one of their own players on the sidelines for 2 minutes, or until the hurt player returns

Blablurn

I'm not sure how I feel about the rule that makes a team play with 10 men while a player is sorted out after a foul btw

Thought this for a while, not just a reaction to Allen, but he got a proper elbow to the back of the head, and we get punished for it. Think they could maybe introduce a rule where the other team have to put one of their own players on the sidelines for 2 minutes, or until the hurt player returns

the board needs to act now

Scum

Nope

Midfield was Gerrard, Allen and Lallana. Allen was okay tbf, and Lallana got a good assist. Should have made room for Can though. Lucas and Toure must be livid seeing Gerrard and Loven play and flop every important game.

That's terrible. Gerrard should be on the bench.
How about Can in front of the back four. Lucas to the right of the diamond, Lallana to the left and Coutinho at the tip, with Sterling supporting Lambert 'til Sturridge steps out of the Lazarus Pits....?

ICKE

Banned
man u r so right.

liverpool is a miss. no idea how u fared but i had tears at the end. never saw my father so destroyed after a game either

stuff must happen

we need to get rid of rodgers because he aint got the spirit of 84 anymore.

we need to react.

we need to change the style and the players. im done with garbage like allen and balotelli m8

fucking sake. if our board doesnt change the status quo till next thrursday im through with this team.#

seriously man

It's unbelievable really, this team was feared by everyone in Europe five six years ago . Doing away teams like Real Madrid and playing fast paced football with meaning behind every action. And then it is all pissed away...So many bad choices during the past two decades.

Blablurn

It's unbelievable really, this team was feared by everyone in Europe five six years ago . Doing away teams like Real Madrid and playing fast paced football with meaning behind every action. And then it is all pissed away...So many bad choices during the past two decades.

when we became a sellers club the board jumped the shark.

we need to react now. it might sound hardcore but we need a new philosophy. we were lazy after last years success.

we need to come back.

i dont care. sell balo in the winter and go for shaqiri and reus.

bruh, we can do it.

but the fucking board needs to react.

change. fuck allen. get rid of him.

That's terrible. Gerrard should be on the bench.
How about Can in front of the back four. Lucas to the right of the diamond, Lallana to the left and Coutinho at the tip, with Sterling supporting Lambert 'til Sturridge steps out of the Lazarus Pits....?

Switch Lucas and Can around and that's fine. Lucas isn't really good enough at carrying the ball to play anywhere other than DM imo, and we'd want Can somewhat free to take up attacking positions without sacrificing solidity on the counter. Sterling close to the striker makes sense, but I don't think he's played up there since he was like 14. Not sure he has the intuitive knowledge to know when to drop deep, when to spin in behind, when to burst into space, when to support the winger etc. Then again, neither does Balotelli and he's made a career playing up front :p

-----------------------------------Mignolet------------------------------

Manquillo----------------Skrtel--------Toure------------Moreno

-------------------------------------Lucas-------------------------------

------------------------------------------------Can-----------------------
------------------------Henderson--------------------------------------

-----------Sterling----------------------------------Coutinho---------

----------------------------------Whoever-------------------------------

Of those available, that's what I'd like to see. Still end up with the same front 3 who have created barely anything this season though

We just can't score with 1 up front, but we can't protect the back 4 at all with 2 up there.

Scum

Switch Lucas and Can around and that's fine. Lucas isn't really good enough at carrying the ball to play anywhere other than DM imo, and we'd want Can somewhat free to take up attacking positions without sacrificing solidity on the counter. Sterling close to the striker makes sense, but I don't think he's played up there since he was like 14. Not sure he has the intuitive knowledge to know when to drop deep, when to spin in behind, when to burst into space, when to support the winger etc. Then again, neither does Balotelli and he's made a career playing up front :p

-----------------------------------Mignolet------------------------------

Manquillo----------------Skrtel--------Toure------------Moreno

-------------------------------------Lucas-------------------------------

------------------------------------------------Can-----------------------
------------------------Henderson--------------------------------------

-----------Sterling----------------------------------Coutinho---------

----------------------------------Whoever-------------------------------

Of those available, that's what I'd like to see. Still end up with the same front 3 who have created barely anything this season though

We just can't score with 1 up front, but we can't protect the back 4 at all with 2 up there.

Well now. This is even better. Lovren, Gerrard and Balotelli should be nowhere near that starting lineup. Hell, Borini might even thrive up front in that lineup.

Top Bottom