• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Gurthang

Banned
I disagree.

Barca, Bayern and chelsea can beat em.

No way m64. The only way Bayern can beat us is if Carvajal and Coentrao are injured. Barca will get rekt on counter. Parking the bus doesn't work against Real Madrid so Chelsea will get rekt too. Only Atletico are capable of beating us.

Facism

I'm having a good chuckle at "thermonuclear pleb."

Thanks
FcxTZpk.png

Elchele

Possession is overrated. Both top teams have the same issues and can struggle against pacey counter-attacking teams. Madrid have a great chance of winning the CL again this year imo (if everybody is fit). Would like to see Madrid vs Bayern early in the knockout stages.

Bayern this season is nothing like Barcelona. What a premface

3Sixty

"They don't have to sell. [Southampton] have a choice," said a smiling Brendan Rodgers when asked if he felt any guilt for poaching three of his opposition's players.

"Maybe Southampton's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe."

So, did he feel sorry for them?

"I don't have sympathy, no," said Rodgers.

But Brendan, why did those Southampton players want to leave?

"It's the nature of it. The players will want to compete at the highest level they possibly can."

Oh, okay then.

soton-level.png

For guys who've played the new Dragon Age

1) Can I get much out of the story without playing either of the first 2?
2) Is the world fun to explore?
3) Is it good?

Go_Ly_Dow

"They don't have to sell. [Southampton] have a choice," said a smiling Brendan Rodgers when asked if he felt any guilt for poaching three of his opposition's players.

"Maybe Southampton's objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe."

"It's the nature of it. The players will want to compete at the highest level they possibly can."

Oh, okay then.

soton-level.png

Something about quoting Brendan Rodgers on Southampton needs to be in the next thread title.

Oh, okay then.

soton-level.png

tumblr_mde5awWBdc1r1gapro1_400.gif

B3JJbeoCMAACQAa.jpg

jts

...hate me...

3) Is it good?
I've been watching reviews for DA:I, FC4 and LBP3, as I have $50 PSN credit and am considering what to do with it.

It seems fairly independent story wise, definitively fun and good. A bit buggy though.

I don't like RPGs too much so FC4 would be leading if I were to spend my credit like that. But I'll probably hold off and get ocasional bargains.

Kyoufu

3) Is it good?

You'll miss a ton of the lore. At least read up about the first two games or you won't have a clue about anything. Open environments are immersive and the game is good, yes.

Menez <3

I can see us leaving much more space in the second half though. We weren't that bad, Rami hold up pretty well, unlike Muntari. 45 more minutes, Pippo pls.

inky

OMG, we won today, at home (first time this season). And with that win we secured the last playoffs spot.

That means we are not in the bottom half of mediocrity which can't even qualify for playoffs when there are 8 spots for 18 teams overall, but we are still mediocre enough that we can consider this a "saved" season and pretend we are not utter shit.

Gotta love Liga MX. You should follow it guys, it's good.

Clegg

IIRC United enquired into Cavani's availability as far back as last Jan. Talks went on for months and eventually it boiled down to a £50m fee and 300k per week in wages.

Facism

3) Is it good?

1)yes
2)barely. it's loaded with mmo-lite bullshit and hundreds of 'collect 10 cockhides and 5 clitoral hoods' ''quests.''
3)yes, if you ignore all the tedious shit and cheat copius amounts of the resource collectables. otherwise you'll be spending roughly half the game pinging a fucking sonar to find resources for crafting and shit.

IIRC United enquired into Cavani's availability as far back as last Jan. Talks went on for months and eventually it boiled down to a £50m fee and 300k per week in wages.
Big risk to spend that kind of money on him. Especially for a club like Liverpool.

Been a while since he's looked a genuinely world class player.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Be interesting, I think alot of players will go next summer, can maybe scrape top 4 with this lot but we cant do much more, he is starting to realise that for sure.

Wooders said minimal jan activity too :(

Lightning

Banned
These meme charts are silly

The highest level obviously means the Champions League. Not that we'll be in it much longer, but still.
I find them amazing. We're in November, we've all been down this road before and Southampton have a long way to go before they have achieved cl status. Reminds me of Spurs fans mouthing off about being the best team in London in February only to be the ones who dipped out come May.

Southampton are playing well, we're not playing well, but long way to may. Plenty of points up for grabs.

Top Bottom