• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Massive results for United. A mix of good luck and great finishing have been doing it, but defensively they are still so fucking garbage.

Liverpool is ded.

Balotelli comes on when Liverpool are already down 2-0 and the commentators are acting like he is to blame.

Sterling should have put Liverpool 1-0 up, but there will be nowhere near the criticism as that reserved for Balotelli

6 clear chances, no goals, forcing 1 truly remarkable save

Dismal display of finishing. Heads went after the first save from Balotelli, evident in Toure getting dispossed at the edge of the box when he's a fucking centreback.

Much better attacking display with fuck all to show for it, very poor result.

De Gea is the best keeper in the league.

FuturusX

Strange old game. I wonder what doicare would make of it, this was most definitely a match were the luck was not with Liverpool. Liverpool have 4 or 5 gilt edged chances and can't score one, United don't create much but get 3. Mediocre as fuck finishing really, i wouldn't particularly praise De Gea for what were a series of routine saves.

Lovren is the worst defender in Liverpool's history.

Been in bed with a cold and missed this one...which is a good thing :|

BBC.reports suggest UTD have not played that well?

Really?

Hixx

De Gea finally matured into the keeper he was touted as. If there's been a better keeper in the world this season he must have 4 arms.

Though if we weren't trying to keep the league competitive by having Vito on the bench it would be another story altogether.

Liverpool were not terrible. They had 6 very good chances and as usual they fuarked them up. De Gea had a good game, but we can make any keeper look like GOAT.

This team just isn't scoring goals. Then we extend ourselves and of course the other side is going to have better chances.

If I owned this team, I'm not sure what I would do, but I would shitcan Joe Allen and Mario Balotelli. Get lost.

Was surprised that Fellaini kept his cool and played really well in the holding role in the second half.

Phil Jones also settled in well after a bad first half.

7RubTgR.jpg

That third goal though.

Toure dribbles into a crowd on the edge of their box like an idiot

Lovren has time to do whatever he wants with the ball. He tries clearing it in a panic, and gets that horrible wrong as well. Jones gives up on it before it even reaches Van Persie, and ends up standing at the far post while the ball rolls into the middle. Has to try and save it, surely.

ATF487

I don't think Liverpool played THAT badly, besides getting caught out on the counters. Sterling really should have scored, especially when he got into that back pass, and those Balo chances.... I think a worse keeper lets that go through his legs.

PowderedToast

That third goal though.

Toure dribbles into a crowd on the edge of their box like an idiot

Lovren has time to do whatever he wants with the ball. He tries clearing it in a panic, and gets that horrible wrong as well. Jones gives up on it before it even reaches Van Persie, and ends up standing at the far post while the ball rolls into the middle. Has to try and save it, surely.
it looked like fifa. fucking impossibly bad

tri_willy

fuck our shit finishing, de gea simply too good.

our next game against arsenal, i want the following
----------------------------KEEPER--------------------------------
RB----------SQUIRTLE---------KING KOLO--------MORENO
--------------------------------LUCAS/CAN------------------------
-----------------------HENDO---------------------------------------
----------------------------------------CAN/COU-------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------STERLING---------------------------MARKOVIC-------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------A FUCKING STRIKER------------------------

bench:
other keeper
spare rb/lb
lovshit
gerrard
whoever didnt make the mid 3
the other striker

Diabelli

Good win for United. Good display.
I don't buy into the whole "massive game, massive rivalry" bollocks.

I can't remember the last time a Liverpool & United game had more than just 3 points riding on it.
This game is still the biggest game of the season for me (unless our title/cup survival is on the line).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4tS-6yAeeA

There will always be that edge to this game, even if there is nothing on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom