• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers gave up on Mig, he's being benched in January anyway so now he's finally given up.

No goal was Jones' fault, not sure if Mig would have made a difference today.

If anything, he wouldn't have come for those long balls, and would have spilled the ball once or twice where Jones held them.

We definitely need a better keeper, there's not much difference between Jones and Mig, I don't trust either of them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just under 30mins for hilarity to ensue.

image.php

Soldado is playing but at least Walker is back.

Wonder how FSG will regard that match in the context of their faith in Rodgers. Massive improvement in attacking fluidity, same old shite everywhere else, and shite finishing rendering that attacking fluidity pointless.

Thank fuck the Europa League is knockout at this stage, we'd be even more fucked than we are if it was a group format still.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
never would have predicted 6 wins in a row, half without Di Maria

Fix the fucking passing in the midfield because when Fell is our link between Defence and Attack our play is atrocious, it doesnt work.

dc89

How to score past De Gea

Written by Sergio Aguero
Contributions by Samir Nasri, David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Joleon Lescott, Yaya Toure, Vincent Kompany, James Milner and Pablo Zabaleta

Chapter 1

Don't shoot straight at him.

Fin.

tri_willy

Wonder how FSG will regard that match in the context of their faith in Rodgers. Massive improvement in attacking fluidity, same old shite everywhere else, and shite finishing rendering that attacking fluidity pointless.

Thank fuck the Europa League is knockout at this stage, we'd be even more fucked than we are if it was a group format still.

one of the commentators mentioned something of an inquest into rodgers... doesnt seem promising for him presently... kenny got burnt for less in terms of monies spent in transfer. any indication that we dont make the top 4 (increasingly likely) i cant see rodgers making it through.

question remains, do we go HAM for the europa league or focus everything into the league

How do you feel about Reina?

Probably better than either of them by default, chosen to waste his career on Bayern's bench (think he's injured anyway) and has some personal beef with Rodgers.

Was crap for 2 years before he went to Napoli, but improved last season from what I saw, though he was still making errors too often.

So basically, better than what we have, not good enough for what we need, burned his bridges with the club anyway.

elfinke

De Gea did well, when asked 'what do you put your good form down to?' to not answer 'it's all the practise I'm getting'. On another day, a match like that finishes with 10 goals and probably a half dozen to Liverpool.

TeddyBoy

one of the commentators mentioned something of an inquest into rodgers... doesnt seem promising for him presently... kenny got burnt for less in terms of monies spent in transfer. any indication that we dont make the top 4 (increasingly likely) i cant see rodgers making it through.

question remains, do we go HAM for the europa league or focus everything into the league

We have to go for the league. Knockout stages are too risky and there are still plenty of points to play for on the league.

Imagine they lose to Bournemouth and then Arsehole.

The owners don't care about the cups. Ask Dalglish.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Gaal says we were the better team and deserved to win :3

Not sure id agree with that personally

Might as well go semi-HAM since its knockout. Bollocks to playing anyone in it who isn't completely fit though, unless we're still in it when 4th is beyond us.

Told you guys I'm a prophet. 4 players on a booking and we're too fucking stupid to try and isolate one of them and make them risk a red.

FuturusX

How to score past De Gea

Written by Sergio Aguero
Contributions by Samir Nasri, David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Joleon Lescott, Yaya Toure, Vincent Kompany and Pablo Zabaleta

Chapter 1

Don't shoot straight at him.

Fin.

You don't always speak sense DC but this pretty much. I remember when Howard made that string of saves against Belguum in the World Cup...90% of them where just poor and in the butter zone.

Dea reactions are amazing but there are zones that if you hit them as a striker no keeper can get them.

tri_willy

Might as well go semi-HAM since its knockout. Bollocks to playing anyone in it who isn't completely fit though, unless we're still in it when 4th is beyond us.

Told you guys I'm a prophet. 4 players on a booking and we're too fucking stupid to try and isolate one of them and make them risk a red.

pls give me some possible tips/results for the next few games :)

Scum

Imagine they lose to Bournemouth and then Arsehole.

Turn up for Bournemouth, with some lols. Draw or lose to Arsenal.

Jones should have been a target.

Hopefully we can recover from the inevitable Sigurdsson opener.

My money's on a Sig assist for Bony. looool

:-(

Mr Cola

Didn't he also say that our passing sucked?

Hes said it last 3 games, still isnt getting better

Its frankly a huge worry, im shocked we are scraping through with the amount of grief we give ourselves.

Salazar

Gaal says we were the better team and deserved to win :3

Not sure id agree with that personally

I do, if the alternative is fantasyland "With Sturridge, we'd have won that 5 nil".

Liverpool couldn't fucking finish. And Gerrard vanished. And Coutinho threw a massive wobbly. And Lovren is shit. And Rodgers only threw on a striker when the rest of the side were knackered and demoralised. And Mario was largely shit. And Joe Allen is absurdly fragile.

"Deserve" is bollocks, whichever way it goes. We did win it.

The owners don't care about the cups. Ask Dalglish.

I think they care about them, but when they're spending money intended to get us a good league position, the cups aren't enough to save the managers job when they coincide with a shit league position.

Our form under Kenny after the League Cup win and the players he'd bought with the Torres/FSG money made him well deserving of the sack. In fact, today's performance was very reminiscent. Play in a way which gifts the other team clearcut chances, and finish like a team of Altidores.

Roma living dangerously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom