• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Not seen it. Will probably watch it for Isaacs during peak-Star Wars hype.

This Australia stuff is awful. Can't just browse Twitter before bed nowadays, always some shit going down. Makes it really hard to drift off and dream of life as a fish when you know a bunch of decent humans are currently on the edge of life.

Might move over to Instagram. ISIS aren't launching any fucking attacks on that, are they. Unless they recruit Tuna the dog.

wooden your extension isn't working properly

D5Jy4CR.png

Wilbur

Banned
Not seen it. Will probably watch it for Isaacs during peak-Star Wars hype.

This Australia stuff is awful. Can't just browse Twitter before bed nowadays, always some shit going down. Makes it really hard to drift off and dream of life as a fish when you know a bunch of decent humans are currently on the edge of life.

Might move over to Instagram. ISIS aren't launching any fucking attacks on that, are they. Unless they recruit Tuna the dog.

This is why i dont watch the news

I sit down to learn things and i get bombarded with videos of kids dying

That sounds really awful when i write it out

Arnie

This is why i dont watch the news

I sit down to learn things and i get bombarded with videos of kids dying

That sounds really awful when i write it out
I read a special report on torture with my tea, in the Observer.

I enjoyed a side order of learned helplessness and extraordinary rendition with my spaghetti.

Levels me out after Lovren.
Did Rodgers really say that Liverpool would have won if United didn't have a keeper

Hahahahahaha
No, that was a fake account.

Hahahahahahaha

Wilbur

Banned
I read a special report on torture with my tea, in the Observer.

I enjoyed a side order of learned helplessness and extraordinary rendition with my spaghetti.

Levels me out after Lovren.

Like, I actually know so very little about the world because when I read about shit like that it angers me and upsets me to the point where I don't wanna read or watch it anymore.

I know loads on the Holocaust because its already happened. I feel awful when I see pictures of the victims, but there's nothing to be done to save those lives anymore. When there's footage every day from Palestine of car bombs and cops shooting black guys in America... i'm far less learned on the subjects than I'd like to be, but it really riles me up trying to follow it all.

That sounds really pampered first world problems, which is unfortunate :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Who is on the market insofar as wingers go? People in here dont seem to rate Shaqiri, or so far as ive seen.

Clegg

The Ben Arfa story been mentioned? Steve Bruce doesn't actually know where he is and hasn't seen him for a few days. Thinks he may have left England for Paris. Says HbA has no future at Hull anyway.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Depay and Cuadrado would be top of my list in terms of potentially feasible+talent

Didnt we try to sign Cuadrado? Also heard some rumours about Depay in the summer but people were lukewarm.

Tbh I know nothing about either
F0nQhWJ.png

K1LLER7

Who is on the market insofar as wingers go? People in here dont seem to rate Shaqiri, or so far as ive seen.
Everybody is on the market. Just got to hand over the cash :p

United don't need wingers yet. Gal needs to prioritise his targets and go for defenders. Then get a striker if Falcon doesn't sign on.

Reus will probably leave. Cuadrado maybe.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United could sign winger Gareth Bale, 25, from Real Madrid for £90m, with the Spanish giants to use the money to sign Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard, 23, and Liverpool striker Raheem Sterling, 20. (Daily Star)
New York Red Bulls sporting director and former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is ready to offer Steven Gerrard a lucrative deal if the 34-year-old turns down a new contract at Anfield. (Mirror)
Manchester City are the latest club to join the race to sign £47m-rated Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels, 25. (Express)
Tottenham are considering a bid for Israel striker Eran Zehavi, with the 27-year-old Maccabi Tel-Aviv player believed to be available for as little as £1.6m. (caughtoffside.com)
Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has urged Reds manager Brendan Rodgers to offer at least £20m for Swansea striker Wilfried Bony, 26, in January. (Express)
Inter Milan will battle Ajax and Real Sociedad to secure a loan deal for Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj, 19, in January. (Daily Star)
Despite injuries to all three of their frontline strikers, Manchester City have agreed a £3m deal to let John Guidetti, 22, turn his loan move to Celtic into a permanent deal. (Daily Record)
Barcelona starlet Munir El Haddadi wants to go out on loan in January, with Arsenal and Chelsea both interested in the 19-year-old forward. (Express)
Atletico Madrid have rejected Manchester City's £17.4m bid for highly rated Uruguayan defender Jose Gimenez, 19. (AS)
Werder Bremen are being linked with a January move for 24-year-old Sunderland striker Jozy Altidore, who is rated at £7m despite failing to score in the Premier League for more than a year. (Sunderland Echo)

OTHER GOSSIP
The Glazer family intend to maximise their investment in Old Trafford by using big name signings to drive the club's value up to £3billion. (Express)
Former Manchester United captain Bryan Robson has questioned whether manager Louis van Gaal's double training sessions could be the cause of the club's injury crisis. (TalkSport)
West Ham striker Andy Carroll, 25, insists his partying days are over as he rebuilds his reputation. (Mirror)
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has launched an investigation into why so many of his players are suffering muscle injuries. (Daily Mail)
West Brom have halted contract talks with leading scorer Saido Berahino, 21, over concerns about his lifestyle. (Express and Star)
Northumbria Police will reduce their presence at the Tyne-Wear derby on December 21 and allow fans to mix before kick-off in the belief that the disorder witnessed in 2013 is now a thing of the past. (Independent)
Inter Milan have opened talks to sign Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah, with the 22-year-old struggling to impress since arriving at Stamford Bridge in January. (TalkSport)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea's heroics against Liverpool sparked a series of internet viral images about what else the 24-year-old could save, including Game of Thrones character Ned Stark, Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movies and planet Earth.
Injured Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, 25, tweeted to admit he was "absolutely gutted" after his side's 3-0 defeat at Manchester United.
Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa started following Liverpool FC on Twitter minutes after they dropped Simon Mignolet in what could be a modern twist of the 'come and get me' plea from the 29-year-old, who is currently at Spanish side Malaga.

Inter Milan have opened talks to sign Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah, with the 22-year-old struggling to impress since arriving at Stamford Bridge in January. (TalkSport)

Woooodeeeennnn!

Werder Bremen are being linked with a January move for 24-year-old Sunderland striker Jozy Altidore, who is rated at £7m despite failing to score in the Premier League for more than a year. (Sunderland Echo)
Hiiiixxxxx!

Ben Arfa, what a fucking waste. We should have got shot of him a couple of seasons ago.

I asked for it. Multiple times.

Got slated by my mates for it, they couldn't see past his few special moments, they thought he really was magic. I knew he was just a magician, a magician that lived alone, ate rustlers burgers exclusively and masturbated into his hat while poking his wand up his arse.

tenth in a scrub league is no way for him to live

True that. Reckon he'd do well in the PL.

Mr Cola

Woooodeeeennnn!

Hiiiixxxxx!

If they sell more of their shit for more than they paid ill be questioning this

Chelsea do rediculous business, black market shit

Scum

Don't forget, lads. CL/EL draws starts at 1100GMT.

Man City could draw Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Monaco, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona or Porto.
Arsenal could draw Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Monaco, Bayern Munich, FC Porto or Barcelona.
Chelsea could draw Juventus, Basel, Bayer Leverkusen, Shakhtar Donetsk or Paris St-Germain.

Basel v Chelsea
Arsenal v B. Munich
Man City v R. Madrid

Labadal

He will be lucky to have a Liverpool career if he doesn't shape up his performances. He has until the end of the season to sort himself out or I can't see him staying at Liverpool but Liverpool totally screwed up. £45m for Lovern and Lallana is not good business for Liverpool.

The window screw up is why i think Rodgers is in trouble. He spent a lot of money to build a team and now he has to deliver on the pitch.

Lambert, Balotelli, Allen, Can, Moreno, Mignolet, Borini, Assaidi, Markovic. Coutinho is a mix of good and bad.

The list goes on.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So today was the first round of the Costa Rican Final and my team won it 4-2, feels great.

GorillaJu

Reading this article about MS astroturfing, and the part that sticks out to me is that they actually tried to get renowned bloggers to use the hashtag #IEbloggers.

What kind of clueless morons think that people who have a huge readership are going to actually use some corporate dick sucking hashtag?

I use IE and like it a lot. But MS needs to rethink how they brand themselves. They're like a chubby uncle who bleaches his hair, 10 years after bleaching your hair was cool.

Don't forget, lads. CL/EL draws starts at 1100GMT.

Man City could draw Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Monaco, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona or Porto.
Arsenal could draw Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Monaco, Bayern Munich, FC Porto or Barcelona.
Chelsea could draw Juventus, Basel, Bayer Leverkusen, Shakhtar Donetsk or Paris St-Germain.

Basel v Chelsea
Arsenal v B. Munich
Man City v R. Madrid

Monaco please.

Slizz

It's amazing. If you haven't seen Bob's Burgers, then get on that as well. My two favorite comedies.

I don't know why I can't get into Bob's Burgers.... It might be because I'm expecting Archer from the voice, but it's not just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom