• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
how do you feel about Pinto being honduras coach now?

I hope they can start playing great football instead of the really physical game they had at the WC, the more quality CONCACAF has as an area the better. This goes for Panama and Guatemala too, who played great at the UNCAF cup.
Meanwhile I hope our FA stops being stubborn and just up Wanchope as coach.

inky

Liga MX is a fucking joke.

Final match today. Referee sent off 3 players (all from the same team). 1 for punching the air, literally, after a foul call; another for a professional foul 40m out (grabbed his shirt, not even Rooney-esque type), and another for the keeper, when he raised his leg to get the ball from the forward who didn't stop after an offside was called 5 seconds before. Professional foul one was debatable at least, considering he was technically the last defender. The player had been on the pitch for 4 seconds too, lol.

Not the first time America has fixed a final either way. There's plenty of history on that with them buying referees, and this one in particular has a spotty history of finals. No doubt why he was chosen there.

Heck, want to know how much of a cunt club América is? They announced they were sacking the coach before the final match. The coach who kept them first all season and got them through the playoffs. They knew they had the final in the bag, so they just sacked him. This match was such a farce.

Joke club. Joke league.

Elchele

inky you're mexican? pls.

I hope they can start playing great football instead of the really physical game they had at the WC, the more quality CONCACAF has as an area the better. This goes for Panama and Guatemala too, who played great at the UNCAF cup.
Meanwhile I hope our FA stops being stubborn and just up Wanchope as coach.

I was surprised they tried to sign Gareca. I always thought Wanchope was already the official coach.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I was surprised they tried to sign Gareca. I always thought Wanchope was already the official coach.

They wanted someone with "more experience", which is ridiculous. Wanchope is probably the best player Costa Rica has ever had, and was Pinto's assistant plus he won us the UNCAF Cup and all the friendlies, including against Uruguay in the Centenario.
It's also ridiculous how we're not in FIFA yet.

What time is the EL draw fellas? Want to draw Liverpool so we can end their season in February again. AVB vengeance against Spurs would be fun too.

We'll facken do you again and you'll love every minute of it

We brushed you aside with Matri and without Pogba m8er

that was a fucking depressing game away. Fucking starting Hazard as a false 9 :/

What time is the EL draw fellas? Want to draw Liverpool so we can end their season in February again. AVB vengeance against Spurs would be fun too.

straight after the CL draw. 12pm UK time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tbh I think the L16 is as far as we're going with our current attitude and defense

It's hard to blame the players for switching off when they have a coach as exuberant and vigorous as a flaccid penis in the dugout

Bag the 65+ million and run

Tbh I think the L16 is as far as we're going with our current attitude and defense

It's hard to blame the players for switching off when they have a coach as exuberant and vigorous as a flaccid penis in the dugout

Bag the 65+ million and run

What the fuck happened to Allegri? He was doing a decent job, but now everything is starting to stall.

Meier

I guess the draw is going to happen while I'm sleeping. Fingers crossed we get a decent one. Don't expect that to happen though sadly.

Linius

I guess the draw is going to happen while I'm sleeping. Fingers crossed we get a decent one. Don't expect that to happen though sadly.

Meier m8, we scored another beauty.

WeakAptJohndory.gif

#Puskasaward2014

Also, the guy who scores this goal is very important for us and I just read about the Africa Cup coming up. He'll probably be gone for almost a month. We don't have a big history of African players at Ajax so we've never really had issues with the Africa Cup before in recent history. But now we do I see how fucking shitty that tournament is. It's really weird that they still have this tournament in the middle of the European clubs season.

Linius

Really curious to see who we'll draw. Everton would be fun for reasons. Although I don't really have funds to buy tickets for the next round. Rather have Everton the round after if we make it that far.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Uh, not gonna make it. We'll draw Real, Bayern, Barca or Chelsea anyway.

Bring it on.

Still remember the two Italians I've met at the airport two seasons ago

the draw was happening live on TV and we were all watching

"TV: Juve will face.....Bayern!"

and they fucking jumped up in excitement "YES! A German team :loooool there's absolutely no way they'll beat us :lol :lol :lol"

"G-guys.......you can't be serious......guys...."

pickard-sploding.gif

Blablurn

Still remember the two Italians I've met at the airport two seasons ago

the draw was happening live on TV and we were all watching

"TV: Juve will face.....Bayern!"

and they fucking jumped up in excitement "YES! A German team :loooool there's absolutely no way they'll beat us :lol :lol :lol"

"G-guys.......you can't be serious......guys...."

pickard-sploding.gif

To be fair, until two seasons ago Italians were always a difficult opponent. But times have changed.

Thinking about yesterday's match, it was fucking bizarre

Carrick played well as the main centreback, yet we had 7 great chances to score

Allen, Gerrard and Henderson created fuck all, yet we had 7 great chances to score

Nothing bizarre about the other end of the pitch though, relative to our general standard there anyway. Can't defend properly, concede 3 goals, world keeps spinning.

GorillaJu

Carrick played well as the main centreback, yet we had 7 great chances to score

Allen, Gerrard and Henderson created fuck all, yet we had 7 great chances to score

Nothing bizarre about the other end of the pitch though, relative to our general standard there anyway. Can't defend properly, concede 3 goals, world keeps spinning.

We conceded 2 legitimate goals, not 3.

Carrick played well because he wasn't marking anyone that I could see. No real responsibility but to clean up.

We conceded 2 legitimate goals, not 3.

Carrick played well because he wasn't marking anyone that I could see. No real responsibility but to clean up.

Still very slack defending for that goal though, it wasn't offside by desgin

Let the cross come in too easily
Van Persie has way too much room
Mata is not picked up at all by Moreno

If Van Persie hadn't touched it, Mata probably would have scored anyway. Illegitimate goal, but that doesn't make our defending for it any better imo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Please let us not get Bayern or Madrid. Give us a chance damn it.

Lightning, any rumblings over there about Joel Campbell leaving? Has he even been playing at all?

No rumblings here from media, I kinda doubt Benfica will try again now that we have Jonas, but they have been saying they want an attacker.

Then again its 95% sure we'll sell enzo perez so we probably need a midfielder, not a attacker. /shrug

You really should have sold him for 10mill or whatever the bid was supposed to be (probably was too since we splurged 10mill on Samaris shortly after)

Salazar

It's pretty standard. If you don't hurt us, we'll jag something. If you'd pulled one back at 2-0, I wouldn't have been confident about us seeing it through. Pretty incredible that you didn't score - it's a personal preference whether that's incriminating or heartening, though. Or a bit of both. We botched a couple of decent opportunities, too - Rooney should have blasted it in, left foot or no, and RVP's got to get that Valencia "cross" on target. Lots of chat about us being "shit but utterly clinical" - dunno.

Some of those chances were almost unforced errors, though. Those gentle diagonal back passes are just out-of-this-world stupid.

And yeah, some naive defending. The three players ostensibly covering Valencia - only Allen was really doing something worthwhile, even if he failed at it. The other two are just following the ball.

First response:

"Decent post that..."

:lol

And when United signed Ronaldo they signed a player with almost no end product. Ask me about Pennant in 2 years time.

DufynS6.gif

It's pretty standard. If you don't hurt us, we'll jag something. If you'd pulled one back at 2-0, I wouldn't have been confident about us seeing it through. Pretty incredible that you didn't score - it's a personal preference whether that's incriminating or heartening, though. Or a bit of both.

I found it pretty heartening tbh given the fact that we've struggled to make 2 chances per match this season

We can't let such wayward finishing become a habit though, especially when we haven't got the defense to let us get away with scoring less than 2 a game

Have to be honest I completely forgot Pennant played for Liverpool.

Another bargain basement player bought by Rafa. Quite of a few of those for a manager that was allegedly not given any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom