• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck Bayern are actually going to play in Ukraine???

How fucking scary is that..

Stay safe, Ukraine.

An intelligent, loveable man

7xGqJ9G.gif

To tell the truth, this is not the usual blog entry. I got home a while ago and I still keep a smile on my face

irwCTgj8oeuxe.png

Chesterfield ordered to replay FA Cup tie against MK Dons, as they fielded an illegible player

Unless the error was on someone other than Chesterfield's part, throw them out and put MK Dons through. Nobody else gets a second chance that I recall.

'FA investigating QPR, Leicester and Burnley for FFP'

Burnley? They have the same cheaply-made team they had at the start of last season as far as I'm aware. No stadium stuff, no infrastructure overhaul. Unless they extended everyone's contract with massive pay rises, I don't really understand how they could possibly fail FFP.

Or is it from last season, when they still had worrying debt?

Hixx

My PC is doing my head in!

One of the fans randomly gets really loud. I can't really tell which fan it is as the PSU, CPU and case fan are all within half a dicks length of each other. If I move the PC 90 degrees to the right and back it stops. Which MAKES NO SENSE.

I'm starting to think I have a faulty temp. sensor in there. SpeedFan says the CPU goes up to 90c instantly (and has done for a while) yet the Core temps are ~35 idle, 55-60 full load. Which is good. Motherboard temps at idle at about 25-27 as well.

Performance hasn't been affected. There's been no BSODs or random shutdowns. The only difference between now and before this started is that when I turn the PC on it will never boot first time, it will reboot itself after 5 seconds but then will boot fine and the PC will run flawlessly... just with a really loud fan.

Help me footballGAF you are my only hope.

FootballFan

One of the fans randomly gets really loud. I can't really tell which fan it is as the PSU, CPU and case fan are all within half a dicks length of each other. If I move the PC 90 degrees to the right and back it stops. Which MAKES NO SENSE.

I'm starting to think I have a faulty temp. sensor in there. SpeedFan says the CPU goes up to 90c instantly (and has done for a while) yet the Core temps are ~35 idle, 55-60 full load. Which is good. Motherboard temps at idle at about 25-27 as well.

Performance hasn't been affected. There's been no BSODs or random shutdowns. The only difference between now and before this started is that when I turn the PC on it will never boot first time, it will reboot itself after 5 seconds but then will boot fine and the PC will run flawlessly... just with a really loud fan.

Pc gaming.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

my pc's fan starts making weird sounds and i hit my pc and it fixes
i don't know if that helps

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Happened to me once

Mine was the case's fan or whatever you call it

And the rebooting thingy happened to me as well before my HDD decided to commit self-bukkake and die on me

Pennywise

Are you sure it's the fan and not something loose within the case ?

jts

...hate me...
^Long WHAT?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

I am so sorry.

It was weeks ago.

I was tired and maybe hungry.

Then I forgot all about it.

But the gears were already in motion. And my fate was sealed.

I dunno if I should ask my old nickname back, ask for a better one, ask for a perm, commit sudoku IRL. Or just stay like this.

At least Wooden will not mistake me for jtb anymore and tell me that I support Arsenal.

if you move the PC back and forth and it stops, it's most likely the case fan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I am so sorry.

It was weeks ago.

I was tired and maybe hungry.

Then I forgot all about it.

But the gears were already in motion. And my fate was sealed.

I dunno if I should ask my old nickname back, ask for a better one, ask for a perm, commit sudoku IRL. Or just stay like this.

At least Wooden will not mistake me for jtb anymore and tell me that I support Arsenal.
It's a cool name we just like overreacting here

You're talking to guy named Yurt, clearly creativity isnt my strongest suit

Hixx

my pc's fan starts making weird sounds and i hit my pc and it fixes
i don't know if that helps

I don't hit mine, I shift it momentarily. Which fixes it for a random amount of time.

Happened to me once

Mine was the case's fan or whatever you call it

And the rebooting thingy happened to me as well before my HDD decided to commit self-bukkake and die on me

I wouldn't be surprised if my main HDD was on the way out tbh. When it dies I will have an excuse to purchase Windows 8 I suppose.

Are you sure it's the fan and not something loose within the case ?

Definitely a fan, I can hear it gradually get louder. There's nothing loose, it's not a buzzing noise or anything. It's just one of the fans going full pelt.

if you move the PC back and forth and it stops, it's most likely the case fan.

Is there any way to turn off the case fan for a moment without having to unplug it from the motherboard? I'm proper cack handed so it would take me ages to get it back on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't hit mine, I shift it momentarily. Which fixes it for a random amount of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if my main HDD was on the way out tbh. When it dies I will have an excuse to purchase Windows 8 I suppose.

Definitely a fan, I can hear it gradually get louder. There's nothing loose, it's not a buzzing noise or anything. It's just one of the fans going full pelt.
Please back up all of your data just in case. Mine is still being fixed by a colleague, been over a month already I think

Hixx

Please back up all of your data, mine is still being fixed by a colleague. Been over a month already I think

I have nowt important on this PC. Biggest annoyance if the HDD died would be taking the fucker out of the tower and remembering my passwords.

Is there any way to turn off the case fan for a moment without having to unplug it from the motherboard? I'm proper cack handed so it would take me ages to get it back on.

depends if it's connected to the PSU or motherboard, if it's to the motherboard there might be an option to disable it (or change the speed) in the BIOS fan settings, otherwise you'll need to remove the plug manually.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
depends if it's connected to the PSU or motherboard, if it's to the motherboard there might be an option to disable it (or change the speed) in the BIOS fan settings, otherwise you'll need to remove the plug manually.

I used a hairpin to stop it from spinning :loool

No wonder my PC is Juve'd

Hixx

Yurt I had you down as a Mac kind of bloke.

To learn you are a pc bro makes me happy and proud.

I'm crying.
that might be down to this toilet trip though

I've just learned Steverulez uses a Mac which makes sense. That guy...

Facism

Gold Member
I'm tempted to post in that "Etiquette with Japanese businessmen? Help me avoid shaming myself" thread but i think a post about bukkake wouldn't go down well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt I had you down as a Mac kind of bloke.

To learn you are a pc bro makes me happy and proud.

I'm crying.
that might be down to this toilet trip though

I've just learned Steverulez uses a Mac which makes sense. That guy...
WHAT

I AINT NO SHEEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom