• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
inherent vice was... basically everything you'd expect it to be. very funny, completely incompressible, felt like it was five hours long and not in a good way

jts

...hate me...
I had maybe my best winning streak in FIFA Seasons. 10 wins, split between Division 4 and Division 3. A whole division 4 season made of 7 wins.

I was feeling like Neo in the Matrix when he gets aware of his powers. I could see the numbers.

Then the game starting spamming at me Division 1 players. Fuck off, EA.
I wonder if I'll get to Div 2 anyway. Still can make it.

I wish I could bring my massive experience to FC Banter but my doll is just too weak. I feel like a special amongst sensational players so I just gave up on it.

Meanwhile I still don't make the full switch to PES, and PES just stays there barely touched
D5Jy4CR.png

rvy must be rolling in his grave.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That Knight of Cups trailer. Bud post if you're okay.
"Once there was a young prince whose father, the king of the East, sent him down into Egypt to find a pearl. But when the prince arrived, the people poured him a cup. Drinking it, he forgot he was the son of a king, forgot about the pearl and fell into a deep sleep.

Rick’s (Christian Bale) father used to read this story to him as a boy.

The road to the East stretches out before him. Will he set forth? "

Christ :lol

Zazo pls keep wishing for a Deus Ex with me. You and me together.
reading Deus Ex's name genuinely make me a bit sad now, we're never getting a sequel any time soon.

You want to know his worst quality?

He picks on Bacon incessantly, every time he missplaces a pass he does his high pitched laugh and says "Thats so Bacon"
people hate on Bacon because he's fabulous, classic really.

Oh shit, I don't know if anyone remembers, but last week I mentioned about he most boring man in the world who tries to make small talk.

Turns out he got fired this morning and has a month to go.

He was a right dick to his Korean co-teacher. His schedule got changed one day and he had his lunch cut short a little and went on a shit storm. Didn't do any work in his classes for a week. The korean girl, she is a proper kinder teacher and he teaches English in her class, then complaint that he was just on his phone and just watched youtube videos. The boss then said he couldn't do it. So then the next day he knocks on the Korean teachers window and starts acting a dick playing on his phone in an exaggerated manner. Boss didn't take too kindly so gave him his marching orders this morning.

Bold One

Oh shit, I don't know if anyone remembers, but last week I mentioned about he most boring man in the world who tries to make small talk.

He was a right dick to his Korean co-teacher. His schedule got changed one day and he had his lunch cut short a little and went on a shit storm. Didn't do any work in his classes for a week. The korean girl, she is a proper kinder teacher and he teaches English in her class, then complaint that he was just on his phone and just watched youtube videos. The boss then said he couldn't do it. So then the next day he knocks on the Korean teachers window and starts acting a dick playing on his phone in an exaggerated manner. Boss didn't take too kindly so gave him his marching orders this morning.

yeah, thats seems about right, seen people get the sack for less.

Blablurn

I should replace him.

yeah, thats seems about right, seen people get the sack for less.

Yeah, he wasn't taken the job seriously and then to disrespect the teacher like that is out of order.

I should replace him.

Haha, I would gladly recommend you, but only issue would be the visa.

BTW, if you were a risk taker you could easily come over here and find work on craigslist. You could most likely teach private English and German. You could find a place to live for less than 400 euros a month with bills. Only problem would be flying back to Japan to do a visa run every six months.

Blablurn

Yeah, he wasn't taken the job seriously and then to disrespect the teacher like that is out of order.

Haha, I would gladly recommend you, but only issue would be the visa.

BTW, if you were a risk taker you could easily come over here and find work on craigslist. You could most likely teach private English and German. You could find a place to live for less than 400 euros a month with bills. Only problem would be flying back to Japan to do a visa run every six months.

Visa is always such a hassle. I have a German passport. They should be more friendly to me :< haha

I'm still working on my Chinese school job. Waiting for the second interview now.

If he's being linked with Bayern then his agent is clearly trying to push through a higher paying contract.

According to BILD Pep asked his brother to go out and check about Sterlings future plans. And as they said: He's only the Plan B if Reus goes to Madrid (which is very likely right now). Shaqiri + 10m for Sterling? Deal.

sohois

Willy have you seen the Tony Barrett blog from the same thread?

http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/2mz953/why_liverpool_must_avoid_the_lure_of_january/

Christ almighty what a mess.

I don't think it's wise to take these stuff at face value.

Pearce and Barrett are very reliable but someone would need to leak that info to them from the inside and one should be suspicious of the motives of the leaker. We've seen before how there often appears to be conflict from within the club and conflicting leaks supporting different camps.This all has the air of someone very firmly trying to defend Rodgers and shift the blame to the "committee" or FSG.

That's not to say I think the blame should be with Rodgers, I'm not about to apportion blame myself. But certainly there are a number of points to be wary of. For one, Rodgers has clearly had some freedom to bring in his own targets and they've been pretty poor. Borini and Allen in his first season, and then this season it seems likely that Lallana and Lovren were too. Why bring up these targets that Rodgers wanted like Bony and Eriksen? If that were true, why didn't he abandon the pursuit of Lovren and spend the money on them? It's all very well speaking about all of these players that could have been signed, but if we take that path we might as well presume that Harry Redknapp is the greatest transfer mind of all time and has been thwarted by chairmen time and again.

In addition, it's a known fallacy to simply assume that the club operates in some binary fashion, and if things aren't working to just flick the switch. Maybe the answer is not to just abandon the idea of a committee but to make sure it works in a better way. In particular, the most successful signing made by Liverpool in recent times was forced through by the committee over Rodgers. I don't think most would argue with the logic that having a group approach to transfers, taking it away from one man's responsibility and covering some of his flaws, is a sound idea.

What we can see with some confidence is that the club actual transfer negotiation is very flawed at the moment, both from these articles and prior knowledge. Perhaps if the club stopped penny pinching and dillydallying they would be able to get in a lot more preferable players.

We're actively trying to get rid of Mignolet and Borini, assumedly with replacements lined up to come in as soon as the window opens. Mignolet could choose to stay regardless, in which case we'll just have a very expensive second choice keeper. Borini on the other hand won't be seeing gametime no matter what as far as I can tell.

His decision to stay still pisses me off. There's confidence in your ability, then there's boneheadedly turning down suitable moves to the detriment of your club, and your own career

Expect we'll be giving the same treatment to Lovren, Lambert and Balotelli as the season draws to a close.

GorillaJu

We're actively trying to get rid of Mignolet and Borini, assumedly with replacements lined up to come in as soon as the window opens. Mignolet could choose to stay regardless, in which case we'll just have a very expensive second choice keeper. Borini on the other hand won't be seeing gametime no matter what as far as I can tell.

His decision to stay still pisses me off. There's confidence in your ability, then there's boneheadedly turning down suitable moves to the detriment of your club, and your own career

Expect we'll be giving the same treatment to Lovren, Lambert and Balotelli as the season draws to a close.

Where'd ya hear this?

@BBCSport: Ajax boss Frank de Boer says he would be happy to take over from Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool http://t.co/ll3l5NIfKR http://t.co/754tq0402g

Leave Brendan alone, you bullies.

Where'd ya hear this?

Logical assumptions.

Mignolet has done nothing wrong against Sunderland and Basel, yet is dropped indefinitely regardless, close to the transfer window opening

Borini not injured, doesn't even get on the bench when Balotelli is injured, and Lambert is playing like shit and can't really last 90 minutes

GorillaJu

I wouldn't say that Lambert is playing like shit. He's just not the right type of player for us and certainly not as a first choice striker. He should be on closing out games that we're winning, not being our last hope.

Dipping into the transfer market when we've spent so incapably recently sounds like a recipe for more disaster.

I wouldn't say that Lambert is playing like shit. He's just not the right type of player for us and certainly not as a first choice striker. He should be on closing out games that we're winning, not being our last hope.

Dipping into the transfer market when we've spent so incapably recently sounds like a recipe for more disaster.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. At the very least, we need better backup for when Sturridge is injured.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Django is now OFFICIALLY as unreliable as Caceres and Barzagli. We don't even count them as starters anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom