• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine a Solid Snake played by Christian Bale doing only his Batman voice.
dUlMFSY.png

Yen

Saw the Hobbit. Pretty good. Fell asleep at the start.

Came home and realised I submitted my fucking essay without a fucking bibliography. I deleted my own fucking bibliography

jts

...hate me...
Just watched tonight's highlights. Incredible free kick from Luis. I had no idea he was capable of that. He's clearly proven he's able to hit those during practice because he was the only one that looked prepared to shoot there.

Nearly a week until we play again and our schedule for the next two weeks is Monday, Friday, Sunday, Thursday, which seems weird. Stupid holiday's.

Also, I thought Wolf of Wall Street was only alright and about 40 minutes to long. Scorsese hasn't made a good movie since The Departed nearly ten years ago imo.
It was the worst Scorsese in a long time for me because it looked like Oscar bait or something.

Shutter Island and Hugo are good movies m8.

Wilbur

Banned
Wolf of Wall Street, Oscar bait?

baY5mNu.png

Did you miss the bit where he was snorting cocaine out of a stripper's arse and Jonah Hill was getting his cock out

Hixx

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was Oscar bait either.

I might have to buy it on bluray now. Already want to watch it again but NowTv is like DVD quality

First world problems.

Wolf of Wall Street is one of my favorite films, just ridiculously good fun from start to finish.

Blu-Ray is half an hour longer(?) so I might have to pick that up

GorillaJu

I've only seen a few movies this year. American Hustle, Wolf of Wall Street, Interstellar, Gone Girl and maybe one or two I can't remember. American Hustle was my favorite of those but Gone Girl is excellent too.

Next week I'm watching Birdman and Inherent Vice.

Chipotle

Uni work finished for the year, couple of glasses of wine, go to check the thread while FM is loading and it's all genital phrenology. Crikey.

It was the worst Scorsese in a long time for me because it looked like Oscar bait or something.

Shutter Island and Hugo are good movies m8.
>Wolf of Wallstreet
>Oscar bait

why do people use phrases they don't understand the meaning of

Oscar bait is a dumb phrase but you can't praise Hugo in the same post as deriding Wolf of Wallstreet. That film is sentimental schlock with 3D gimmickry.

jts

...hate me...
Wolf of Wall Street, Oscar bait?

baY5mNu.png

Did you miss the bit where he was snorting cocaine out of a stripper's arse and Jonah Hill was getting his cock out

Probably a poor choice of words. But I felt that it was something-bait, like male 25-50 bait. I mean, every other scene was a gag and everything was just so grand and fake. And it definitely overstayed its welcome.

I'm a poor film critic :/

I do love me some Scorsese though. Just not this one, at least too much.

>Wolf of Wallstreet
>Oscar bait

why do people use phrases they don't understand the meaning of

Oscar bait is a dumb phrase but you can't praise Hugo in the same post as deriding Wolf of Wallstreet. That film is sentimental schlock with 3D gimmickry.
See above, I addressed my mistakes and now you've made a fool of yourself. j/k :p

Anyway, Wolf and Hugo are very different. I didn't even see Hugo in 3D, dunno what's your point with that.

Hixx

Tried to watch after earth tonight

Turned it off after 5 mins

The kid actor and the premise ffs

"these monsters can smell fear, so this guy is never scared!"

Jesus

ghst

thanks for the laugh
why do film companies keep hiring Gary Whitta?

help me understand

how can he be involved in Star Wars?

I can't understand

he's got that dream combination of being able to turn in 150 pages of competent schlock on a deadline and a total willingness to have any artistic credibility trampled on by passing executives/scientologists.

why do you think they hired a games industry EIC?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ochoa really the best available keeper for us? Can't we get a German or something?

He's pretty decent, has a good price, and will provide lots of Mexican sales to fund other, better players.

I fucking love Wenger. The PL will be much worse off when he's gone, he's like an institution, especially since Ferguson retired.

How does player development work on new Master League?

New PES is legit good, not just compared to recent attempts and FIFA. Wish it had a proper Clubs mode though. And a larger soundtrack.

Few issues though, such as players being really slow to react to loose balls, stamina draining so quickly that it impedes on the fun of charging around for 90 minutes (shove your realism up your arse) and players often needing 2 touches to put the ball where you want it when they could easily do it with one.

How do you do the feint move that used to be on R1+stick in direction of moving ball, so the player lets it roll across him and runs onto it?

Struggling with the Basic sprint challenge, even using Ronaldo. Just can't get the space to finish 5 times in a row.

I'm glad a large contingent of posters got over the fact that Gary posts here and writes films that people have actually seen, and as such have stopped sucking his dick in threads

why do film companies keep hiring Gary Whitta?

help me understand

how can he be involved in Star Wars?

I can't understand

What do you mean keep hiring him? He did like 2 things, one which was pretty decent and another where he only did the screenplay together with M. Night Shyamalan, while the story was written by will Smith. It's a bit harsh to give him all the credit for that being shit.

Remember when he deleted his posts slagging off the Star Wars prequels, and people said 'you'd do the same if you were in his position' as though its even up for debate, or makes it any less funny?

Chipotle

It's both. American football is dying at the youth level. The sport will likely not be the same after this current generation. Parents are wising up and don't want their kids playing it.

Soccer is an alternative that has roots already set in the ground. There's room at all levels for it to grow here.

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see the economics of how it takes root in places elsewhere too. Are there many countries in the last 15-20 years where there's been attempts to make it into a national sport? I saw a mad piece on Al Jazeera about huge investments in China and then there's that new league in India too but it'd be interesting to see some recently established success stories.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it'd be interesting to see the economics of how it takes root in places elsewhere too. Are there many countries in the last 15-20 years where there's been attempts to make it into a national sport? I saw a mad piece on Al Jazeera about huge investments in China and then there's that new league in India too but it'd be interesting to see some recently established success stories.

I think all of Asia has been hit by the soccer bug, I know Japan and China have both tried to get a decent structure off the ground, along with the Koreas.

cashman

Banned
Football will never take off in America because it isn't American, it's a narcissistic country like that.

Kinda feel like this is true to an extent. I think India has a much higher chance of football catching on big time. Interest is already there, they just need to produce some good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom