• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

tri_willy

alright got tickets to watch the madrid vs city game in melbourne next year... hoping the proposed liverpool vs adelaide united (my home team) doesnt clash so i can watch that too... what a time to be alive

Facism

Gold Member
The only 2 thing I remember about Australia are eating strawberries in my aunt's kitchen and the massive forest starting at the bottom of her street.

Slizz

I picture an average MLS crowd as being like a mix of the crowd at Arsenal, and the crowd at MK Dons

And they say offsides instead of offside. That needs to be fixed.
It'll never get fixed lol.

NFL games are undesirable to attend. Everyone's hammered.

Never actually been to an MLS game but Seattle, KC, and Portland do it right.

Is Portland the one with a guy in the stands who cuts a piece of wood with a chainsaw after every goal?

jhbjap.gif

Ubisoft, what the fuck are you doing?

Esch

Banned
I picture an average MLS crowd as being like a mix of the crowd at Arsenal, and the crowd at MK Dons

And they say offsides instead of offside. That needs to be fixed.

An MLS crowd is a mixed crowd of people in general. It's usually pretty young people, 20s and 30s, and occasionally older people who've brought their kids that want to go. Usually people with a little more money. Soccer is kind of a more suburban / affluent game in some ways here, in direct contrast to how proletarian the sport is globally.

We will always say offsides i'm afraid. Can't help it.

Esch

Banned
You can change it Esch. Start saying offside, and it will spread.

Is there an offside rule in another sport which is responsible for you guys adding the 's'?

Yep. In american football, if a defensive linesman creeps past the line of scrimmage then it's an offside penalty. But you would coloquially say "_____ is offsides". As a former defensive tackle I can't even help it myself. Just stuck in my head.

cashman

Banned

NFL games have the worst at stadium fan experience by far. That sport was made to be watched on TV.

United bros, Timothy Fosu-Mensah is a beast. I didn't watch the fa youth cup game live, but he's performed well in all 3 of his games. He's a cb, but has played as a midfielder in 2 games and has looked great. His tackling is really impressive. He's a physical beast with really great technique. He turns 17 in January. Would love to see him playing for the u21s in the 2nd half of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0c7gPi3qgg

sohois

I fucking love Wenger. The PL will be much worse off when he's gone, he's like an institution, especially since Ferguson retired.

How does player development work on new Master League?

New PES is legit good, not just compared to recent attempts and FIFA. Wish it had a proper Clubs mode though. And a larger soundtrack.

Few issues though, such as players being really slow to react to loose balls, stamina draining so quickly that it impedes on the fun of charging around for 90 minutes (shove your realism up your arse) and players often needing 2 touches to put the ball where you want it when they could easily do it with one.

How do you do the feint move that used to be on R1+stick in direction of moving ball, so the player lets it roll across him and runs onto it?

Struggling with the Basic sprint challenge, even using Ronaldo. Just can't get the space to finish 5 times in a row.

Player development works basically the same as the old games. Players develop through training and through games. Training is automatic, you can switch regimes for individual players like selecting 'balanced' 'shooting' and so on, but otherwise it's basic. Players develop through playing a lot quicker.

The one thing to watch out for is players going on development 'spurts'. Every now and again you'll get a message that a player is developing really quickly, and for a few games he'll have maxed out form. After a few games, you'll get a message saying that the player has really kicked on (or possibly failed, I dunno), and then they'll jump up a bunch of points. Had it happen to me with Martial, went up 5 points straight away.

Blablurn

I'm glad we scored. This was a terrible game regarding chances. Post, bar, easy 100% chances were missed. 31:1 shots on goal. A game Dortmund would have lost 0-1.

Not sure if you saw the post game interviews but Robben spoke the truth about this game. He said that it was shocking to see what kind of football Freiburg was playing. Actually it wasn't football at all.

Jack cw

Not sure if you saw the post game interviews but Robben spoke the truth about this game. He said that it was shocking to see what kind of football Freiburg was playing. Actually it wasn't football at all.

I understand his anger but Streich said they had no other chance than parking the bus and could still not compete. If they tried to play football they would have been slaughtered in the two digits area. At least we have plans and tactics to even break through a 0-0-10 formation, which is good.

And who is the guy in your avatar? Someone from our youth?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They were forced into that shape

When you're a (good) tiki taka team the other team has no other choice but to defend like this. Your gameplan is basically to pass it sideways until you find an opening, what else can they do?

Dejavu

Jack cw

They were forced into that shape

When you're a (good) tiki taka team the other team has no other choice but to defend like this. Your gameplan is basically to pass it sideways until you find an opening, what else can they do?

Dejavu

This time we haven't been exposed like that yet. With Bernat and Rafinha (Alaba before he got injured) we have pace rockets who pretty much secure our wings. 3 conceded goals so far. 2 of them penalties, only one out of the game. This had to have happened a lot more often for a dejavu. Pep learned from last year. Our defence is the best I have seen in the last 25 years. Our oppositions only chance of playing long balls to counter haven't worked so far because either Alonso or Schweinsteiger stay in midfield, so no more counters. Every matchplan of our opposition so far (Dortmund, City and Gladbach were the strongest) haven't worked for them. This team isn't last years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This time we haven't been exposed like that yet. With Bernat and Rafinha (Alaba before he got injured) we have pace rockets who pretty much secure our wings. 3 conceded goals so far. 2 of them penalties, only one out of the game. This had to have happened a lot more often for a dejavu. Pep learned from last year. Our defence is the best I have seen in the last 25 years.
Jack I dont think we're talking about the same thing ;_; but I appreciate the feedback
You and me Wilbur
It's so good to know I just need to stand up to be invincible
Stand and be sucked
:lol fuck

Mr Boring at work just came up to me to film a "good luck on your stat exam" video. I have never met this girl before. I thought this was the type of thing people did on TV shows.

Blablurn

Hahaha, you so much wont :D

To be fair, whoever loses, we win. I wouldnt mind to see Dortmund at a relegation spot throughout the winter break.

I wonder if they can still compete with a CL spot if they go for a good Rückrunde. No international competition would give them a conditional boost next season.

Jack cw

I think having a month time to look at the table and realize that you have fallen from the hottest upcoming club in Europe to a team that is in midst of relegation might have the exact opposite effect. Players start thinking about what happened in the last months and if they stay in those relegation spots in the winter break this might be the worst case for them. Klopp has no idea how to turn things around, the squad is in bad shape and with all the desperate measures and possible targets in winter I doubt the club can turn things around. Buying new players now would mean that Ramos, Immobile, Ginter Jojic are flops and the whole transfer policy was shit. I call it and think that Dortmund will play until the end of this season against relegation.

Blablurn

Furthermore players will doubt if a career at Dortmund is really the best thing for them. Guys like Immobile, Auba or Micky came to Dortmund to play CL football. On the other hand deserve guys like Immo, Auba and Micky CL Football? Maybe not. Maybe the Europa League is the right place for them. Anyway, it will be interesting to see who wants to come to Dortmund next year if they dont compete with the big boys, innit? Maybe more Freiburg players.

Pennywise

I think having a month time to look at the table and realize that you have fallen from the hottest upcoming club in Europe to a team that is in midst of relegation might have the exact opposite effect. Players start thinking about what happened in the last months and if they stay in those relegation spots in the winter break this might be the worst case for them. Klopp has no idea how to turn things around, the squad is in bad shape and with all the desperate measures and possible targets in winter I doubt the club can turn things around. Buying new players now would mean that Ramos, Immobile, Ginter Jojic are flops and the whole transfer policy was shit. I call it and think that Dortmund will play until the end of this season against relegation.

No.
The only exception is Jojic.
He isn't helping at all, maybe the step to Dortmund was just to big.
Ginter,Immobile,Ramos are all within the first year, so they are not to blame.
Nobody went crazy when Gündogan wasn't even on the bench, the only difference was the circumstances with the team playing well.

Ji,Großkreutz and Jojic are certainly candidates who could leave the club sooner or later.

And if Dortmund buys another player, it's gonna be a winger.
Something that's understandable with Aubameyang and Kagawa attending to the Africa and Asian Cup.
Micky and Reus will just be back in time and you don't know in which shape they are, as they don't take part in the winter camp.

Blablurn

No.
The only exception is Jojic.
He isn't helping at all, maybe the step to Dortmund was just to big.
Ginter,Immobile,Ramos are all within the first year, so they are not to blame.
Nobody went crazy when Gündogan wasn't even on the bench, the only difference was the circumstances with the team playing well.

Ji,Großkreutz and Jojic are certainly candidates who could leave the club sooner or later.

And if Dortmund buys another player, it's gonna be a winger.
Something that's understandable with Aubameyang and Kagawa attending to the Africa and Asian Cup.
Micky and Reus will just be back in time and you don't know in which shape they are, as they don't take part in the winter camp.

Good luck for tonight!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
These Wooden emoticons will eventually kill any sort of discussion here ;_; people will get lazy and we're gonna have pages and pages of Brenton and Premface faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom