• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

The development of Robben is incredible.

He was so angry a few years ago:

7bCniN1.jpg

jlyjbeB.jpg

Many years later he is a different person. One of the best players in the world. Too bad he had so many injuries in the past.

tumblr_ngp9pyRCnu1s6iz3bo1_1280.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The development of Robben is incredible.

He was so angry a few years ago:

7bCniN1.jpg

jlyjbeB.jpg

Many years later he is a different person. One of the best players in the world. Too bad he had so many injuries in the past.

tumblr_ngp9pyRCnu1s6iz3bo1_1280.jpg
Tbf to him, you can understand his frustration a few years ago at Bayern

it was a dark time

subtles

How steep of a learning curve does Dota 2 have? I only briefly played the original when I played Warcraft III.

Any recommendations on a flexible (in terms of roles) introductory hero that teaches the game with a high skill ceiling? I remember liking Intelligence heroes in the original.

Blablurn

Tbf to him, you can understand his frustration a few years ago at Bayern

it was a dark time

fgiOG45.jpg

When Dortmund was winning, I was in China. And since I barely watched any game I was always wondering what the fuck was happening in Germany haha

Then I came back and the 2012 season happened

spielplan-2011-2012-borussia-dortmund-514.jpg

And I was like: wut

Especially since Bayerns future looked so bright after entering the CL final in 2010 haha. I thought the future was ours. on the other hand, maybe giving dortmund 2 years of success was the result of giving inter the cl. :(

sorry yurt

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
fgiOG45.jpg

When Dortmund was winning, I was in China. And since I barely watched any game I was always wondering what the fuck was happening in Germany haha

Then I came back and the 2012 season happened

spielplan-2011-2012-borussia-dortmund-514.jpg

And I was like: wut

Especially since Bayerns future looked so bright after entering the CL final in 2010 haha. I thought the future was ours. on the other hand, maybe giving dortmund 2 years of success was the result of giving inter the cl. :(

sorry yurt
It's alright that CL killed their whole club and fanbase anyway

so thank you, Bayern Monaco.

These Wooden emoticons will eventually kill any sort of discussion here ;_; people will get lazy and we're gonna have pages and pages of Brenton and Premface faces

I think the average footygaf member would be smarter than that.

wait no we arent

oh my god

subtles

A group of old men winning a modern champions league was sensational. You could hear them gasping for air in every game. Hate Inter, but please respect their hoary souls.

May their careers rest in peace.

Except Materazzi. Fuck Materazzi.

Blablurn

It makes you wonder what he could have achieved in his career if he had stayed injury-free.

The Sky moderator said that Messi would not have won the Ballon Dor 4 times in a row if Robben was injury free.

On the other hand he would also not be at Bayern if he had been injury free.

Jack cw

Furthermore players will doubt if a career at Dortmund is really the best thing for them. Guys like Immobile, Auba or Micky came to Dortmund to play CL football. On the other hand deserve guys like Immo, Auba and Micky CL Football? Maybe not. Maybe the Europa League is the right place for them. Anyway, it will be interesting to see who wants to come to Dortmund next year if they dont compete with the big boys, innit? Maybe more Freiburg players.
Certainly their attraction is smaller now without CL and no EL. The bad season so far doesn't help either. They had the chance to sign, Eriksen, Benteke, Dzeko, etc. including wages for less than what they bought instead. Looks like its back to the board for Dortmund. They had the cahnce to get top class players but were afraid to buy something from the highest shelve, instead they got mediocrity.
No.

Micky and Reus will just be back in time and you don't know in which shape they are, as they don't take part in the winter camp.
What I said. Football and especially this situtation isn't that simple. Panic transfers could have the opposite effect because apparently there is a mantra of everyone at Dortmund needs a year or two to arrive. Of course. And who could you get that really helps you and is affordable?
it was a dark time
tumblr_n81vwm9Vse1tp5nq6o1_500.gif

dc89

I was in a supermarket last night and I saw Amiibo's for the first time.
GAH! They are pretty cool little models. I was so tempted to buy Pikachu. Send halp.

Certainly their attraction is smaller now without CL and no EL. The bad season so far doesn't help either. They had the chance to sign, Eriksen, Benteke, Dzeko, etc. including wages for less than what they bought instead. Looks like its back to the board for Dortmund. They had the cahnce to get top class players but were afraid to buy something from the highest shelve, instead they got mediocrity.

What I said. Football and especially this situtation isn't that simple. Panic transfers could have the opposite effect because apparently there is a mantra of everyone at Dortmund needs a year or two to arrive. Of course. And who could you get that really helps you and is affordable?

Dzeko would have been far more expensive than Immobile and look at Benteke, I doubt he'd help us in his current shape. Eriksen could have been done but we were looking for a different kind of player.

The only player I feel we really missed out on is de Bruyne. But you have to blame Mourinho for that.

Jack cw

Dzeko would have been far more expensive than Immobile and look at Benteke, I doubt he'd help us in his current shape. Eriksen could have been done but we were looking for a different kind of player.

The only player I feel we really missed out on is de Bruyne. But you have to blame Mourinho for that.

Sure, but I doubt Mou is that butthurt and sold him to Wolfsburg. We could calculate this through, but you bought Ramos and Immobile for around 30 million excluding wages. One Dzeko plus another backup for less than 10 million would have cost less than those two that you have now. I really appreciate Zorc for having bought some great players in the past but your last two transfer periods were pretty shit.

Pennywise

Sure, but I doubt Mou is that butthurt and sold him to Wolfsburg. We could calculate this through, but you bought Ramos and Immobile for around 30 million excluding wages. One Dzeko plus another backup for less than 10 million would have cost less than those two that you have now. I really appreciate Zorc for having bought some great players in the past but your last two transfer periods were pretty shit.
Even with Dzeko the situation wouldn't be different. The midfield has been the problem and obviously the indiviual mistakes within the defense.I don't know who could really help us at the moment. It's hard to say if the rumored players could help. I don't know them all that good apart from FM.

Zabojnik

Damn, finishing GTA V took longer than expected. I enjoyed it overall. Sensational world in terms of sheer fidelity. The gameplay / mission design was less impressive, even with the three protagonists mechanic. There were more than enough 'woah, ahahaha' moments and story bits there to keep me interested though, so I can't really complain too much.

Guess I'll skip the next couple of games, as per usual. See you in 2020, GTA.

Blablurn

Damn, finishing GTA V took longer than expected. I enjoyed it overall. Sensational world in terms of sheer fidelity. The gameplay / mission design was less impressive, even with the three protagonists mechanic. There were more than enough 'woah, ahahaha' moments and story bits there to keep me interested though, so I can't really complain too much.

Guess I'll skip the next couple of games, as per usual. See you in 2020, GTA.

40€ well spent!

GorillaJu

Is this transfer committee a relatively new thing for Liverpool or have they been there for a while?

Indeed! And it looks like I'll be able to resell it for 40€ as well. Free fun, Bla. FREE FUN.

It's been around a while. Brendan is allegedly a bit of a stats freak himself, so I don't really buy the story that he's battling number dudes with common sense. Think everyone involved is complicit in causing problems.

Blablurn

I remember when Germans thought Balotelli was world class just because he scored 2 goals against us in 2012. Shitting their pants.

Even though it was obvious that he was just mediocre. He always was. Yes, he scored some goals here and there. But so Crouch and Demba Ba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom