• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Uuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No ADM for the Liverpool game.
LVG seems to be waiting until he's sure his players are 100% fit rather than rushing him back early and risking another injury. Only position he hasn't done that with is CB because we're a bit all over the shop there.

AdM being out is a big blow, but we've won games without him this season and we have Rooney and RVP in decent form. We'll muddle our way through.

Empty

liverpool vs a di maria less united will be one of the most boring games of the season i predict. just tons of aimless, slow play.

jts

...hate me...
btw, does anyone know cyrillic/russian?

I got a message on PSN last night after playing FIFA with some russian guy.

I was down 3-0 at HT, then recovered to 3-2 in second half and kept hammering him until the very end but he resisted and kept the win.

Wonder if it's hate mail, compliments, mockery, scam, love letter.

Hixx

FFS our game with Leeds is 1pm on Sunday.

I understand the Sunday as we play City on Thursday but 1pm!? Disgusting.

liverpool vs a di maria less united will be one of the most boring games of the season i predict. just tons of aimless, slow play.

Think it will be a bit like the Southampton game, they'll press and we'll sling it forward ad infinitum.

Unless we decide to play 4 at the back.

Blablurn

I quitted a fifa game once. later i got a message where he said that i was recorded and that i will be exposed in youtube.

still waiting for it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool - United is going to be just like Milan - Inter, isn't it..

Genoa - Sampdoria is THE derby to watch nowadays

jts

...hate me...
I quitted a fifa game once. later i got a message where he said that i was recorded and that i will be exposed in youtube.

still waiting for it.

LOL

What's even the problem of people quitting. When I'm up 3-0 or something I just think "pls quit" so I move to the next game. I get the win and that's all I care about.

The weirdest quit I got was one time that I just decided to shoot from the kick-off. His keeper caught the ball easily but then when he handed it to a midfield player, I recovered it quickly, passed it to Suarez, first touch through ball to Messi, first touch shot and it was a goal.

Guy must have thought I was some sort of cheater demi-god and quitted right there. I got the win. Cool.

still waiting for it.

Remember when I beat you at Fifa which resulted in you unfollowing me, leaving Gaf and Twitter for a couple of weeks?

*moonface*

I love you Bla

Blablurn

Remember when I beat you at Fifa which resulted in you unfollowing me, leaving Gaf and Twitter for a couple of weeks?

*moonface*

I love you Bla

That was a glorious time :lol

I was so pissed back then. I think that was during my bachelor thesis days. I was a mess back then.

LOL

What's even the problem of people quitting. When I'm up 3-0 or something I just think "pls quit" so I move to the next game. I get the win and that's all I care about.

The weirdest quit I got was one time that I just decided to shoot from the kick-off. His keeper caught the ball easily but then when he handed it to a midfield player, I recovered it quickly, passed it to Suarez, first touch through ball to Messi, first touch shot and it was a goal.

Guy must have thought I was some sort of cheater demi-god and quitted right there. I got the win. Cool.

i know quitting sucks but when im 3:0 behind, i just give up. im too old for this shit. for me it feels like wasting "precious life time".

Clegg

Liverpool tend to play a blinder against us

dat rivalry
I'm not sure they have it in them to rise their game. The game against Basel was one they needed to win to progress to the knockouts. Basically one off cup football to get to the next round of the biggest competition in club football. If ever there was a time to raise their game it was then. But for the first 80 minutes of the game there were putrid. So slow in everything they did and were completely outplayed. Raising their game is a possibility, but I don't think it'll happen tbh.

What's more likely to happen is us continuing to play like shit and gift possession to Liverpool and concede chances because of that. Need to improve our attack too. Southampton game was shocking.

So I spent like 4 hours today in filming for a Japanese TV show, and the actual segment about me is only going to be 2 minutes long (or less) :lol

What's the show called?

I'm not sure they have it in them to rise their game. The game against Basel was one they needed to win to progress to the knockouts. Basically one off cup football to get to the next round of the biggest competition in club football. If ever there was a time to raise their game it was then. But for the first 80 minutes of the game there were putrid. So slow in everything they did and were completely outplayed. Raising their game is a possibility, but I don't think it'll happen tbh.

What's more likely to happen is us continuing to play like shit and gift possession to Liverpool and concede chances because of that. Need to improve our attack too. Southampton game was shocking.

Doesn't matter what they have previously showed. They will raise their game against United. They did it with the fucking owl and King Kunt.

jts

...hate me...
i know quitting sucks but when im 3:0 behind, i just give up. im too old for this shit. for me it feels like wasting "precious life time".
I'm saying the opposite. I don't think that quitting sucks. I don't mind quitters, if the game is fair and attributes the win to the other guy. People have the right to quit. At least if you're playing competitively. If it's just for fun then it's another story.

Sometimes I'm playing and I HOPE the guy quits.

Had my couple of quits as well. Usually I power through though, even if it's hopeless, and think to myself that at least I'll try to learn something with the remaining time playing
and I never learn anything.

Here's the message I got.

eJ7JjEn.png

What does it mean???

inky

Chrome sucks for gifs and Firefox can't handle more than 2 tabs with Flash running at the same time before it chugs and crashes on me. Fucking browsers man. Let's all go back to Netscape.

Bold One

TBF Basel played really well and pressed well, there's a reason they beat us and chelsea, they are a good team playing much better than we are.

The problem with United is a lack of directness, someone who can take players on and make things happen in these cagey games. With ADM we had that but there too many lightweight and frankly slow players to really take the game to the opposition in our first 11.

The reason we are currently playing like shit despite having loads of possession is that we dont have someone apart from ADM who legit do something with the ball.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm saying the opposite. I don't think that quitting sucks. I don't mind quitters, if the game is fair and attributes the win to the other guy. People have the right to quit. At least if you're playing competitively. If it's just for fun then it's another story.

Sometimes I'm playing and I HOPE the guy quits.

Had my couple of quits as well. Usually I power through though, even if it's hopeless, and think to myself that at least I'll try to learn something with the remaining time playing
and I never learn anything.

Here's the message I got.

eJ7JjEn.png

What does it mean???
Learn [to play], newbie..or something?

Did he school you? :lol

I'm thinking I'm going to start collecting football boots. Where do you reckon I should start? Everything looks shit. Everything decent is sold out in size 9 (in case I decide I want to wear them) and is never going to be restocked.

L1NETT

Oh, fuck me. Its on at 5:30 over here?! Why always me...

These BPL games need to start being on later...

Well;

Premier League to sell live TV rights to 168 games each season from 2016-2019 - up from current 154. Sales tender issued today

Chances are Friday night/Sunday night games will become a reality.

PL will only become more and more accomodating to foreign viewers. TV rights where the dough at. 3pm kickoffs gonna become a thing of the past. Imagine being a saints fan havin to go to Sunderland or summat on a sunday night and get back. Eesh

Andy Burnham nails it.

Can't believe they now want Premier League on Friday nights. Yet again, football puts interests of armchair fans over those who go the game

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Andy Burnham nails it.
Football should be played behind closed doors anyway

WE don't need YOU guys. You're racist, violent and you jeer your own players

Occasionally you sing Chelsea Chelsea on the tone of Chelsea Chelsea, but that's hardly helpful

3Sixty

Well;

Chances are Friday night/Sunday night games will become a reality.

PL will only become more and more accomodating to foreign viewers. TV rights where the dough at. 3pm kickoffs gonna become a thing of the past. Imagine being a saints fan havin to go to Sunderland or summat on a sunday night and get back. Eesh

Andy Burnham nails it.

To be fair, most people are already priced out so why not stick them all on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom