• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingeniero

Fucking hell that NPD thread lmao.

Sony fanboys were trolling like there is no tomorrow because of the 7-10k thing.
They must feel like total idiots now lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Highest earners from the CL last season were winners Real Madrid (57m). Juventus have already secured 60.5m so far this season."

What a time to be....a crap Atalanta player in January

Oh shut up you guys are loving this ;p

Its easy to say I don't dislike him anymore now that he's shit, but I'm not enjoying it any more. He did a lot for us, and it turns out his moving to Chelsea didn't really disadvantage us at all, assuming he'd have been as bad for us as he was for them. There came a point where it just became depressing thinking about his situation compared to how good he used to be, not helped by the way he looks like he's had his soul ripped out of him.

And honestly, a lot of his career trajectory should be blamed on us for rushing him back from injuries so often.

Remember when a lot of the Liverpool fans in here were turning their noses up at Bony?

:lol

Don't get me started

yeah but a monday.....at 7.55....

right weird kick off time. Saying that, should be a crackin game.

wtf FA. Got work :(

Blessing in disguise

I've said it before, but it was insane for people to be turning their noses up at guaranteed goals. People wanted Suarez's flair replaced when we needed someone to do a job replacing his goals. And Bony's general ability on the ball is underrated as well, he's not a 5-a-side goalhanger

Especially bizarre when some of those same fans celebrated Balotelli's signing as though we'd pulled a genius piece of transfer activity, disregarding the fact that he was horrendous for City in his last season, is generally pretty brass, and creates more problems than he solves.

If we'd bought Bony, we'd have had to change the way we played from last season for sure, but we've had to do that anyway for Balotelli and Lambert, with fuck all reward to show from it, from them individually, or the team/results as a whole.

I've said it before, but it was insane for people to be turning their noses up at guaranteed goals. People wanted Suarez's flair replaced when we needed someone to do a job replacing his goals. And Bony's general ability on the ball is underrated as well, he's not a 5-a-side goalhanger

Especially bizarre when some of those same fans celebrated Balotelli's signing as though we'd pulled a genius piece of transfer activity, disregarding the fact that he was horrendous for City in his last season, is generally pretty brass, and creates more problems than he solves.

If we'd bought Bony, we'd have had to change the way we played from last season for sure, but we've had to do that anyway for Balotelli and Lambert, with fuck all reward to show from it, from them individually, or the team/results as a whole.

Dat dross

jts

...hate me...
"Highest earners from the CL last season were winners Real Madrid (57m). Juventus have already secured 60.5m so far this season."

What a time to be....a crap Atalanta player in January

How did you get so much money already?

Porto only got 18M so far ;_;

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

Is there a list and a breakdown somewhere?

How did you get so much money already?

Porto only got 18M so far ;_;

Juve get a bigger slice of the pie when the other Italian teams fuck up

As the only Italian team to get to the knockouts, that's a lot of TV money that goes to them exclusively. I don't really understand why they get more as well as Roma and Napoli getting less though.

dc?

Martyn Ziegler ‏@martynziegler
Breaking: Premier League matches to be screened live on Friday nights from start of 2016-17 season.

GorillaJu

Fuck you, PL. I already can't watch Monday night games and I've basically resigned myself to having a shit day if I have to wake up at 3am to watch a CL match.

Hixx

So we could be looking at over half of the games per week being on TV. 1 Friday then the usual 4 scattered between Saturday and Monday?

Not sure.

What I am sure of is the price for Sky and BT is about to go up again, though.

So we could be looking at over half of the games per week being on TV. 1 Friday then the usual 4 scattered between Saturday and Monday?

Not sure.

What I am sure of is the price for Sky and BT is about to go up again, though.

They're not going to significantly increase the number of games on TV

Only 14 more games a season.

Dybala was fucking horrible for almost half the season, then just started scoring crazy amount of goals in all games.
In my FM14 game, Dybala stank in Serie B and in the first season after promotion. Then he engaged God mode and led the team for the next decade, becoming Palermo's Del Piero. I think my Palermo save in FM14 was probably my favorite ever. By 2020 I basically had a starting XI that had 9 Italian superstars, with three of them actually from Palermo. Bollino was nuts too, far outperforming his ability year after year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve get a bigger slice of the pie when the other Italian teams fuck up

As the only Italian team to get to the knockouts, that's a lot of TV money that goes to them exclusively. I don't really understand why they get more as well as Roma and Napoli getting less though.
tumblr_lnhgztKKZs1qendvi.gif
Is there a list and a breakdown somewhere?
Nope, but I'll post it as soon as I find one!

Santanaldo. But Cristiano is a selfish egotistical monster underwear seller, who only focuses on himself and kills for the sake of winning.
btMCBYT.png

Cristiano Ronaldo wanted to thank his teammates for the effort made to conquer La Décima last season and gave them a personalized watch with their name and the words "la décima" on the back of it. The Portuguese player often does similar things with the coaching staff, as reported this past summer, when he went shopping and bought each one of them -- more than 50 people involved on the trip -- an iPad.

In my FM14 game, Dybala stank in Serie B and in the first season after promotion. Then he engaged God mode and led the team for the next decade, becoming Palermo's Del Piero. I think my Palermo save in FM14 was probably my favorite ever. By 2020 I basically had a starting XI that had 9 Italian superstars, with three of them actually from Palermo. Bollino was nuts too, far outperforming his ability year after year.

I always end up buying half of South American as Palermo, I just can't help myself. Bollino has done me very well in FM14 too though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Santanaldo. But Cristiano is a selfish egotistical monster underwear seller, who only focuses on himself and kills for the sake of winning.
I'd do the same if I had his salary

I'll probably buy all of you Lamborghinis too

Except Shanks, he gets one of those lousy Ferrari's he loves so much

jts

...hate me...
Thanks guys. You really helped me win La Décima. In a way, this victory is yours too, and here's a gift to remind you of that <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gervinho 'hates Arsenal'

“He [Wenger] never had confidence in me,” Gervinho is reported as telling African media by Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Garcia doesn’t differentiate between those who are playing and those who aren’t playing. That’s important for a player.

“He doesn’t only speak to those who are playing, he talks to everyone as there are 25 players in the squad, not just 11.

“As a child I dreamed of playing for Arsenal, because I loved them.

“Now I hate them for the way Wenger treated me.

jts

...hate me...
It's an emergency. I have to risk it. Which one of the big teams are likely to choke this weekend?
What kind of odds are you looking for, which is to say, how much $$$ are you putting on the line to get the 5000$?

Anyway, just be aware that it's pure gambling. It's not a small risk that you'll lose your money. That's the expected outcome. You can win of course, and it's more likely than winning the lotto, but it's still highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom