• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Borussia Dortmund are preparing to sell 25-year-old Germany midfielder Marco Reus, with Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool ready to swoop. (Daily Star)
Arsenal are ready to take on Manchester City and Chelsea in order to sign £40m-rated Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 21. (Express)
Meanwhile, the Gunners' hopes of signing Switzerland international Stephan Lichtsteiner, 30, have taken a hit after Juventus offered the defender a new contract. (Express)
The agent of Inter Milan defender Nemanja Vidic, 33, has described reports that the Serb could rejoin Manchester United as "lies". (Calcio Mercato - in Italian)
Real Madrid are preparing a bid for 19-year-old Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling after his contract talks with the Reds stalled. (Daily Star)
Manchester City have held talks with Estudiantes over a possible £8m deal for Argentine defender Joaquin Correa, 20, amid interest from Chelsea and Paris St-Germain. (Daily Mail)
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce says he will not sell New Zealand defender Winston Reid for less than £20m. The 26-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool. (Sun - subscription required)
Queens Park Rangers are interested in signing Ireland youth international Ryan Manning, 18, from Galway. (Daily Mail)
Liverpool target Martin Montoya wants to leave Barcelona in January, according to the 23-year-old full-back's agent. (Independent)
Spanish striker Fernando Torres, 30, will be offered for free around Premier League clubs this January as AC Milan seek to cancel his loan move from Chelsea. (Mirror)
Palermo are hoping to thwart Arsenal and Liverpool's interest in Argentine striker Paulo Dybala by tying the 21-year-old to a new contract. (Mirror)
Newcastle, Everton and Serie A side Napoli are all tracking £5m-rated Legia Warsaw midfielder Ondrej Duda, 20. (Sun - subscription required)

OTHER GOSSIP
Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling, 20, is "nowhere near any agreement" over a new deal with the club, despite a contract offer worth £70,000-a-week. (Telegraph)
Meanwhile, Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana, 26, is willing to play with two broken ribs to face fierce rivals Manchester United on Sunday. (Daily Mirror)
Diego Maradona was caught fast asleep at an event in Venezuela after being introduced by president Nicolas Maduro as a "rebel and revolutionary". (Independent)
Stuttgart Kickers striker Daniel Engelbrecht, 24, scored a late winner in a German league match while wearing a heart defibrillator - his first goal since collapsing on the pitch in July. (Guardian)
Former Tottenham coach Les Ferdinand revealed the club's staff used to tell Belgian midfielder Mousa Dembele, 27, he could follow in Gareth Bale's footsteps and join Real Madrid. (101 Great Goals)
England goalkeeper Joe Hart, 27, and midfielder James Milner, 28, are set to sign new deals at Manchester City. (Manchester Evening News)
City midfielder Samir Nasri, 27, believes the Premier League champions can go on to become one of the best teams in the world. (Telegraph)
Burnley boss Sean Dyche says his nomination for Premier League manager of the month is more "a marker for the team" than a reflection of his own achievements. (Lancashire Evening Telegraph)
Stoke City manager Mark Hughes believes captain Ryan Shawcross, 27, deserves an England recall. (Stoke Sentinel)
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says midfielder Remy Cabella, 24, is not yet ready for the demands of the Premier League. (Chronicle)
The Football Association says players should regard the national team as a "shop window" to advance careers that have become blocked at club level. (Times - subscription required)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Ben Foster, 31, has tweeted a video of him being introduced to a waxwork model of himself.
Arsenal forward Joel Campbell, 22, has tweeted to hail his "unforgettable" goal for Costa Rica against Uruguay at the World Cup after it was nominated for Concacaf Goal of the Year.

AND FINALLY
One in five children think Jesus Christ is a footballer who plays for Chelsea, according to a survey. (Telegraph)
Fourteen Krasnodar fans who drove the 3,830km to Liverpool to watch Thursday's Europa League match against Everton received an upgrade to the hospitality suite following their 44-hour journey. (Eurosport)

The Football Association says players should regard the national team as a "shop window" to advance careers that have become blocked at club level. (Times - subscription required)

What stupidness is this??

I think a very entertaining episode of Arsenal Fan TV is about to take place this weekend.

B4qJgvVCAAMNCRY.jpg:large

I'd like to announce that I'm gaf's new itk and to prove it here's a little teaser:

New gear of war behind schedule. Originally of different settings and characters 1-3 / Judgment, focus groups, prefer the serum. Still Marcus Phoenix. Tone is dark and not locusts is no longer a major enemy. Larger area. A plurality of ways to attack. Speeder bikes and tank.

Elchele

Stuttgart Kickers striker Daniel Engelbrecht, 24, scored a late winner in a German league match while wearing a heart defibrillator - his first goal since collapsing on the pitch in July. (Guardian)

what

Hixx

Ally McCoist has been sacked.

edit: no, sorry, he's resigned. Wonder if it's to do with Mike Ashley hovering around?

GorillaJu

So I spent like 4 hours today in filming for a Japanese TV show, and the actual segment about me is only going to be 2 minutes long (or less) :lol

Bold One

So I spent like 4 hours today in filming for a Japanese TV show, and the actual segment about me is only going to be 2 minutes long (or less) :lol

cant wait to see it,

you are and shanks are living some kind of dream, apart from being Liverpool and Arsenal fans

Hughes and Dybala doing the business, eh?

Dybala was fucking horrible for almost half the season, then just started scoring crazy amount of goals in all games.

I had to sell Chalobah back to Chelsea though.
U5CSBEo.png

After they had loaned him to me for free for 3 seasons I signed him for free and his contract ran out.
ibjS0ikdF4t1W8.png

Then they used 45mil to buy him back, and Amartey is doing better than ever.
dsadsd2aepq4.png

Scum

Dybala was fucking horrible for almost half the season, then just started scoring crazy amount of goals in all games.

I had to sell Chalobah back to Chelsea though.
U5CSBEo.png

After they had loaned him to me for free for 3 seasons I signed him for free and his contract ran out.
ibjS0ikdF4t1W8.png

Then they used 45mil to buy him back, and Amartey is doing better than ever.
dsadsd2aepq4.png

This is what makes FM great. 😁

Zabojnik

We'll buy Sterling with Pogba's money, thus completing the holy trinity of future GOATs - Sterling, Coman, Berardi.

Juve - Samp is on Sunday, not tomorrow?!

url

How does one get so much money as Watford in FM?!

Look at the dates my puppeteer, promoted with them my first season and after a few got to play in CL after finishing fourth when everyone else messed up. Haven't been back in CL since but been playing Europa League and expanding stadium.

Also the team was bought by someone who decided to build a new stadium, on top of expanding it. Then he refused to give me any money for the summer transfer window. But then he came to his senses and gave me 20m in January.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We'll buy Sterling with Pogba's money, thus completing the holy trinity of future GOATs - Sterling, Coman, Berardi.

Juve - Samp is on Sunday, not tomorrow?!

url
Do we EVER play with everybody else ;_; we're always Juve'd alone in our own day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom