• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

Kikarian

Except that part where they were in the diner, and in the jewelry store, and in the car, and on the street, and in the bathroom, and all the flashbacks :p

Tarantino is the GOAT director m8

Edit: Wilbur pls

A Matter of Life and Death is good. The start is really nice.

How is this indicative of a poor film :lol

and it isnt literally because:

- scene in the cafe
- scene in the bathroom and the rest of the flashbacks
- scenes at joe's office
- scenes running from bank
- scenes driving to the warehouse

pls, did u even watch it
Alright then most of the film was in one location. I guess I went in expecting something completely different I was expecting it to show the bank robbery preparation etc, not the aftermath.

@people with SSDs and HDDs, do you just keep main programmes on SSD and other stuff on HDD? Windows (with User stuff), Steam and Origin alone take up like 70GB of my SSD

Worth switching some stuff around to fit more games on SSD?

Even when Dragon Age was on SSD the load times were pretty bad. Is it just poorly optimised for that?

Film talk is boring. Let's talk about data and digital storage management

Pennywise

1. Alien
2. 28 Days Later
3. Evil Dead

Not really into horror.
Mostly grew up with horror movies, my brother was a big fan of 80 movies back in the day and collected a shit ton of horror movies, including banned movies like Braindead from Peter Jackson and so on.

I bought Jaws on blu a couple of weeks back. Together with The Exorcist and Unforgiven. Three classics I still haven't seen.
Jaws was pretty great back in the day, allthough I wouldn't be so frightened as grown up.

28 Days Later is a phenomenal shout.

GOAT horror movie.

Yeah, the zombie genre ( Yes I know that they're technically no zombies) needed a revamp after alot of shitty movies.
Such a shame that good zombie movies are pretty rare, even though it became so popular twice ( in the 70s/80s and over the last 15 years again.).

Too bad part 2 was a letdown compared to the first.

Peco

can't name 5 right now but the treasure of the sierra madre and chinatown are definitely up there with my all time favs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
great fucking lists everyone!

the antagonist in City of God has to be one of the most terrifying of all time?

edit: Arnie your're 3 episodes in? OH BABY the best is yet to come
Hot Fuzz was definitely the best out of the cornetto trilogy.

absolutely

pulga

Banned
The Exorcist will always be the GOAT horror movie for me. Only film that has legit made me scared to turn off the lights back in the day.

Pennywise

Apocalypse Now is the greatest war film of all time

fight me if u disagree m6s
IO0pqxZ.png

I will.
It's pretty hard to pick, because there are so many great war movies out there.

The Pianist,Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Platoon and many more.

The Exorcist will always be the GOAT horror movie for me. Only film that has legit made me scared to turn off the lights back in the day.

I don't really find it all that scary tbh, but it's such a well-made film that I can appreciate why it's so well regarded.

Yen

I felt ill after watching Dead Alive even though it's a comedy, that's gotta count for something when ranking horror films.
Have you seen The Killing? That's the film Kubrick made before Paths of Glory. Something completely different but a great movie.

That's not how you spell Paths of Glory though
It's also fantastic. I think post-70s Kubrick wasnae as good as pre-70s (GOAT).

pulga

Banned
Ugh, you people are gonna make me dip into Homeland again, aren't you?

I was FUCKING DONE with Carrie's whining

ClaireDanesCryFace-2.gif

Elchele

I'm only on episode 3 of season 4 but it's just a lot better, hard to describe. Completely new story arc.

Reservoir Dogs is a sensational Tarrentino film, one of his best in fact. Far better than Pulp Fiction.

she told me the starring characters are new, not carrey and brody or whatever

she called it Homeland 2

Linius

Oh and just because someone has to mention it, On the Waterfront is spectacular. Also, no one mentioned a Woody Allen film yet I think? Manhattan.

I will.
It's pretty hard to pick, because there are so many great war movies out there.

The Pianist,Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Platoon and many more.

I havent seen many of these I admit, but it's pretty hard to top AN imo :lol

Have you seen The Killing? That's the film Kubrick made before Paths of Glory. Something completely different but a great movie.

That's not how you spell Paths of Glory though

Another Kubrick I havent seen, forgive me film gods :(

Linius

she told me the starring characters are new, not carrey and brody or whatever

she called it Homeland 2

Carrie is still there. Almost everyone is actually, only Brody is a no show from the main characters from earlier seasons. But they don't deal so much with the personal drama and focus much more on CIA work. And that pays dividend.

pulga

Banned
I can't :lol

How I love to be proven #right
Mm84Hms.png

1. Sunstone
2. Y The Last Man
3. Mad Love
4. Saga
5. Chew/Locke & Key

Oh fuck, I forgot Locke & Key.

Saga will surely be up there for me when it's over. I pretty much just listed finished works!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I have a soft spot for Wes Anderson's movies, there's something really sweet and deep about them

and so dream-like, like.

also speaking of Kubrick, I fucking loved Eyes Wide Shut, fuck y'all.

Ugh, you people are gonna make me dip into Homeland again, aren't you?

I was FUCKING DONE with Carrie's whining
ClaireDanesCryFace-2.gif
Me & Linius hated S2 and 3 but loved 4.

Linius

Well enjoy this hour of discussing movies. I'm sure we'll repeat this in a couple of weeks. Time is a flat circle m8's. Good night.

Messi

I can't :lol

How I love to be proven #right
Mm84Hms.png

Oh fuck, I forgot Locke & Key.

Saga will surely up there for me when it's over. I pretty much just listed finished works!

Yeah, but right now its one of the books that I can't wait to read the second I get it. Locke and Key is incredible.

Messi

That Star Wars trailer was pretty good and I like Boyega. Maybe I should watch the other ones. Do they hold up m8's? Without the nostalgia goggles.

pulga

Banned
That Star Wars trailer was pretty good and I like Boyega. Maybe I should watch the other ones. Do they hold up m8's? Without the nostalgia goggles.

As long as you mean the OT, yes, get on that shit.

I mean, they're gonna look cheap as fuck these days but the characters have always been the best part of those movies.

Top Bottom