• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
That Star Wars trailer was pretty good and I like Boyega. Maybe I should watch the other ones. Do they hold up m8's? Without the nostalgia goggles.

I got the OT on Blu Ray last year and apart from the Ewoks on Episode 6 they're all pretty great movies.

That Star Wars trailer was pretty good and I like Boyega. Maybe I should watch the other ones. Do they hold up m8's? Without the nostalgia goggles.
You...you haven't seen Star Wars?! Anyway, as a fan of the OT, I would say ESB and ANH hold up IMO. Don't waste your time on the prequels.

Yen

Fables, Saga, and Thor: Godbomb (from the God of Thunder series) are some GOAT comics. If I had a tablet, I'd pirate the shit- I mean, Marvel Unlimited the shit out of the big comics.
9WULxKi.png

Footygaf please tell me your five favourite movies

1. Bladerunner
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Lost In Translation
4. The Stuntman
5. Yrrol

Maybe late to the party, but I don't read comics, so I could only list Fables, which is the only one I read since I stopped reading Transformers when I was young. :p

Suen

susie

susie

in the time it took for you to type all this up, you couldve taken the damn thing to an apple center or something

susie pls
There isn't any apple center close to me. I am visiting my parents over the holidays and this town has nothing; it doesn't even have a Honduran in it.

I am not going to buy a train ticket just to have my damn phone fixed when I am going back next week anyway. Why should I spend $60 in one day just because Apple was busy making iMessage a pleasant experience for children they observe instead of making sure their phones fucking work as intended? Maybe my made in China phone wouldn't suffer from these issues if they treated their slaves in China a little bit better as well.

Are you an Apple fanboy plug? Do one m8

The iphone six is great
I am talking about iPhone 5 you hairless balloon.

See Suen, that's exactly why iPhones are shit

I just link my phone to my pc and transfer whatever the fuck I want by simply dragging it

Dat chained feeling
Clean.

Simple.

Efficient.

Time saver.

Is Apple only beautiful?

pulga

Banned
I legit can't breathe

I can't wait for him to get to this

Standards have really fallen here for what can be considered a burn.

I don't even engage the old pensioner in discussion, whilst he continuously quotes people talking smack about me just to ":lol", obviously trying to childlishly incite a reaction from me.

How is pulga obsessed then? Or is this just another case of piling up on me without reason?

This really used to be a livelier place, when burns used to make SENSE ;_;

dnaO1RN.png
dnaO1RN.png

Pennywise

Bought the trilogy on blu-ray, can't wait.

Incredible.

I still hate them for doing a new dub on the german version (allthough the old one was included as well, still can't believe people are seeing the movie for the first time with these horrible dubs...)
It's so fucking annoying when they do that.

And 5 more because only 5 is too hard. :<

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. North By Northwest
3. Chinatown
4. Yi Yi
5. Escape From New York

inky

Alien
Pan's Labyrinth
The Aviator
Lion King
Eternal Sunshine

GOATS all of them.

I could list 20 and still leave tons out tho...

@people with SSDs and HDDs, do you just keep main programmes on SSD and other stuff on HDD? Windows (with User stuff), Steam and Origin alone take up like 70GB of my SSD

Worth switching some stuff around to fit more games on SSD?

Even when Dragon Age was on SSD the load times were pretty bad. Is it just poorly optimised for that?

Film talk is boring. Let's talk about data and digital storage management

You can install your games on a separate drive to which Steam/Origin are installed. I do that as its simpler and the advantage of loading games off SSD isn't that amazing.

Also DA:I is taking so long to load because you're using some program to limit frame rate, like Riva Statistics Tuner. Frostbite doesn't play nice with programs like that.

Yi yi sounds interesting
Best Asian film ever, m8. One of the most emotional films I've ever seen in the sense that every emotion/feeling you can think of is in this film at one point. Incredible cinematography, great dialogue and believable characters, too.

Wabba

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair
3. The Perks of Being a Wildflower
4. Heat
5. Jacobs Ladder

kharma45

I watched SL for the first time recently. Thought it was good but still prefer The Pianist.

Downfall is also great. I'm glad I saw it before all the parodies.

OH.

If you want another great war film that I bet you won't have seen, watch Taegukgi. It's a fantastic movie set in the Korean War.

Hixx

Yeah Downfall is superb. I'd probably put it higher than SL tbh. Will have a look into Taegukgi, cheers.

kharma45

In no order

Fellowship of the Ring
Schindler's List
Terminator 2
Gladiator
Wall-E

Though if you asked me tomorrow I'd probably tell you 5 different ones. I have lots and lots of favourites.

Yeah Downfall is superb. I'd probably put it higher than SL tbh. Will have a look into Taegukgi, cheers.

Good man. All subtitled but all good.

Suen

Wood got banned two weeks? Unacceptable. Wes, three months or I will be forced to speak with higher forces.

Hixx

Always Sunny is alright, don't understand those that say it's amazing. Really enjoyed seasons 3 and 4 but then it falls into the trap nearly every American sitcom does. The characters become too ridiculous. Like Frank... Frank m8 wtf.

kharma45

Letters from Iwo Jima is another good war film.

I am yet to watch it, same for Apocalypse Now, and Zulu.

I need to watch all of them.

And the Thin Red Line.

And the bridge over the river Kwai.

And LOADS MORE.

I also need to watch Gallipoli again. We need more WW1 films.

this blows my mind. I thought you would have eaten that shit up.

Bla please tell me your five favourite movies

Here are movies I've watched again and again.

Rushmore
Before Sunset
The Dark Knight
Beauty and the Beast
Chungking Express

You can install your games on a separate drive to which Steam/Origin are installed. I do that as its simpler and the advantage of loading games off SSD isn't that amazing.

Also DA:I is taking so long to load because you're using some program to limit frame rate, like Riva Statistics Tuner. Frostbite doesn't play nice with programs like that.

I've been doing that all along with Steam but accidentally had Origin game set to download onto SSD, moved them to HDD now though

Any way of finding out which programme is interfering with DA? Don't recall downloading any frame limiters, but I probably did at some point :p

@Facism, considering the objective pointlessness of being a football fan,, it doesn't half affect my mood. Beating Swansea to go fucking 8th in the table has put me in a right good mood

Top Bottom