• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

I remember needing a Steve Howey to complete my Premier League sticker album. I could never get one so I had to go to a SwapShop tour.

newcastle-united-steve-howey-339-merlin-premier-league-97-football-sticker-64725-p.jpg

Bastard.

sohois

Let's all post a top 5 list of earliest football memories.

To be frank I struggle to even remember games from a few years ago, let alone stuff from my childhood.

I guess Euro 96 would be the earliest memory.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
One of my most vivid memories is the 3-3 between United and Liverpool where Clough scored two, wonderful game that, one of the best I have ever seen and yet never makes it into the greatest pl games list, which is stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxCx1oDEoZs

Hixx

I remember needing a Steve Howey to complete my Premier League sticker album. I could never get one so I had to go to a SwapShop tour.

[IM.G]http://www.sportsworldcards.com/ekmps/shops/sportsworld/images/newcastle-united-steve-howey-339-merlin-premier-league-97-football-sticker-64725-p.jpg[/IMG]

Bastard.

"Lee Howey Lee Howey Lee Howey YOUR BROTHER IS A CUNT" is a thing for a reason

Scum

What's everyone's earliest football memory? I remember seeing Emile Heskey playing for Liverpool on match of the day when I was about 6 or 7.

Watching Maradona shaming like bukkake at the '86 World Cup.

When me and my brother played outside, about once or twice a months we accidentally booted the ball through the greenhouse. For 3 or 4 years most of our pocket money went to paying for all the new panes of glass needed.

We used to play a very stupid game, each of us on opposite pavements just outside the house, you had to volley the ball across the line so it'd bounce to the other and they could return it and see how long you could do it without losing control of the ball or it bouncing twice. This is a section of road about 10 yards away from a blind corner, if someone ever turned the corner without watching the road with full attention, one of us could easily have been run over

My brother booted it at next door's window once when they were inside washing up and looking out. Sheepish expressions, quick departure.

What's everyone's earliest football memory? I remember seeing Emile Heskey playing for Liverpool on match of the day when I was about 6 or 7.

IFK Göteborg tearing up the Champions League in the med 90's. Beating Man Utd, Barcelona, etc.

CCS

Banned
We used to play a very stupid game, each of us on opposite pavements just outside the house, you had to volley the ball across the line so it'd bounce to the other and they could return it and see how long you could do it without losing control of the ball or it bouncing twice. This is a section of road about 10 yards away from a blind corner, if someone ever turned the corner without watching the road with full attention, one of us could easily have been run over

My brother booted it at next door's window once when they were inside washing up and looking out. Sheepish expressions, quick departure.

This is making me nostalgic. I miss the days of coming home from school and spending a couple of hours kicking a ball around.

Spain 12 -1 against Malta at the Euro 84 qualifiers. That shit was the most epic football related thing I've ever experienced in my life. For those who are not familiar with it, we needed at least 11 goals against Malta to qualify. And we made it to the final in that EuroCup.

I was 5, but I remember the HUGE party with all my family and neighbours that day after the victory. The screams of the commentator will forever stuck in my mind. Glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACy0M03iEB0

History.

CCS

Banned
Spain 12 -1 against Malta at the Euro 84 qualifiers. That shit was the most epic football related thing I've ever experienced in my life. For those who are not familiar with it, we needed at least 11 goals against Malta to qualify. And we made it to the final in that EuroCup.

I was 5, but I remember the HUGE party with all my family and neighbours that day after the victory. The screams of the commentator will forever stuck in my mind. Glorious.

History.

Never heard of that game before, will watch.

Bumhead

Banned
Not my earliest memories, but I remember seeing Michael Owens only professional red card in an England U-17 game at Millmoor. Then about a year later his first league hat trick for Liverpool in a 3-3 draw with us at Hillsborough, which remains the most frightning individual performance I think I've ever seen by a player live.

Go_Ly_Dow

My dog had a stroke yesterday and she had to be put to sleep today. This really fucking sucks.

Sorry to hear that bro. Put my cat down on Christmas eve of 16 years. Still sad over it.

Remember the good times and happy memories you gave her.

giphy.gif

Does Coutinho have curly hair that he straightens, or straight hair that he used to perm? If the latter, what the fuck

@Arnie, cheers. Will give it a read then.

Linius

History.

Also known as the biggest fraud in football history.

My dad mentions this game a lot. We were in that same group, getting in second place because of that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
sorry about your dog Fintan <3

My earliest football memory is World Cup 94, I was a few months shy of six! I genuinely remember a couple of moments in my childhood back when I was fucking FOUR (or even three), so that doesn't surprise me one bit.

So yeah, I remember the CL finals.. :(

@Ricky

1-Dark Souls
2-Demon's Souls
3-Dark Souls' DLC
4-GodHand
5-Ninja Gaiden 2 The Witcher 2
6-Bloodborne

Best Sega games: the Mega Drive Sonics, that star-face platformer, the guys with the colorful guns, Shenmue, JSRF, Powerstone 2, Zombie Revenge :lol and I dunno, I fucking loved everything on my Dreamcast!

Linius

sorry about your dog Fintan <3

My earliest football memory is World Cup 94, I was a few months shy of six! I genuinely remember a couple of moments in my childhood back when I was fucking FOUR (or even three), so that doesn't surprise me one bit.

@Ricky

1-Dark Souls
2-Demon's Souls
3-Dark Souls' DLC
4-GodHand
5-Ninja Gaiden 2 The Witcher 2
6-Bloodborne

Best Sega games: the Megadrive Sonics, Shenmue, JSRF, Powerstone 2, Zombie Revenge :lol and I dunno, I fucking loved everything on my Dreamcast!

Shut up about CL finales in the nineties you cunt, I don't want to talk about that with Juve supporters

Hixx

Top 5 games?

1 - Resident Evil 4
2 - Shenmue
3 - World of Warcraft
4 - The Last of Us

I can't actually think of a 5th that I hold in the same regard as those four.

I'm slightly older than you but I don't remember '94. Probably because England weren't in it. I remember the final against Dortmund though. Good stuff.

Hixx

I'm listening to David Bowie and this song "Little Wonder" is weird as FUCK.

It's like... half jungle, half late 90s american pop rock.
JzKGOjM.png

Top Bottom