• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

Carbonox

Just saw some woman bowl down the street with a can of Stella. Wanted to high five her for her dedication but I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts cos the weather can't stop my jam so people may have looked at me weird outside.

I'm about to start drinking now. I can do it too with Kandoo.

kandoo.jpg

Elchele

I'm not sure about my earliest football memory, probably a local league match or Honduras national team match. But I do remember clearly the CL finale Real Madrid – Juventus

KidJr

I guess not my earliest memory (that would be Ian Wright scoring for arsenal at Selhurst park) but certainly one of my fondest was arsenal Middlesbrough invcinsible season.

I never forget it, we went 3-1 down and when I tell you I don't think for a second anyone thought we were gunna loose. We didn't, came back and won 5-3 from that moment I knew we were never gunna loose in the pl that season.

Asked my dad to put some money on for me at William hill and the rest is history

L1NETT

Remember bits n pieces from our promotion season in 98/99 and the resulting season we stayed up in the prem

Wetherhall's goal against liverpool is right clear, but first memory might be Dean Saunders scoring a goal (fancy that) against Boro or some shite

or was it sunderland. Cannae remember to fuck

tri_willy

its already new years where i am... so happy new years footballGAF! may there be more meltdowns on and off the pitch and on here

hope its less liverpool related :p[

Probably dcing but JJ says we're going to try and get Coleman in January.

Seems like LvG isn't a fan of Rafael then. I kinda get it even though I love the little sod. My main problem with him is his constant injury issues.

Arnie

I'm drinking from about 5.

Looking forward to getting out of the house. Parents are being all parenty. How some of youse are older than 18 and still live at home is beyond me. As soon as I left I never looked back. Love them to bits, but, just, no.

Scum

Carbo's on the loose.

Probably dcing but JJ says we're going to try and get Coleman in January.

Seems like LvG isn't a fan of Rafael then. I kinda get it even though I love the little sod. My main problem with him is his constant injury issues.

Just sell him to Barca after they've served their ban.

Blablurn

My oldest football memory is from 94/95. I remember crying that Dortmund won the title. I wasnt a full Bayern yet but my father was. And I think I became a dedicated fan in 96 with the arrival of Klinsmann :lol

I remember the Euro in England a lil. The only thing I remember from the World Cup 94 was a McDonals toy. But no game.

noal

Banned
My mum does my dads hair. You really are old Noal.

How's the nexus?

She qualified as a hairdresser years ago so it doesn't make sense to pay for it.

Phone is nice. Just the new android changes to get used to. Like chrome not having tabs per say but cards.

Linius

She qualified as a hairdresser years ago so it doesn't make sense to pay for it.

Phone is nice. Just the new android changes to get used to. Like chrome not having tabs per say but cards.

Marrying a hairdresser, great job m8

Linius

Lol, this scene in Transparent. You see Josh walking up to his car, the drivers seat door still open. Then the camera changes position to his sister to show her saying something. When the camera is back with Josh walking to his car you see him opening the door in an angry fashion to make it extra dramatic :lol

CCS

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30634753

Swansea's Jonjo Shelvey has been banned for four games after the club opted to accept a charge of violent conduct by the Football Association.
The midfielder caught Liverpool's Emre Can with his arm during Monday's 4-1 defeat at Anfield.
The 22-year-old was not punished by referee Andre Marriner during the game.
Swansea stood by Shelvey's claim any contact was unintentional, but the club "does not believe an appeal would prove positive for the club or player".
Shelvey has been given a four-game suspension as an extra game has been added because he was sent off at Everton earlier in the season.

:lol

KidJr

I honestly think it's Cus Stirlings black, FA don't want anymore heat (not that anyone in their right mind would bring racism into it) but it's the FA so who knows.

Croydon is the Birmingham of London

Wilbur

Banned
'Kin 'ell lads, you should see me today. Covering both grills, kitchen, tills, running food... I'm like Daley Blind with even better hair.

Earliest football memory... fucked if I can remember. Probably Beckham doing something sensational.

I hate NYE too. Can't be fucked to go out, gf and mates insisting I do. Gonna spend a paltry amount and sit and revel in other people's drunkenness.

arkon

Earliest football memory was probably USA '94. Remember falling in love with the Brazil team at the time and in particular Romario. Henrik Larsson when he had hair. Strange times indeed.

Wilbur

Banned

Looking forward to getting out of the house. Parents are being all parenty. How some of youse are older than 18 and still live at home is beyond me. As soon as I left I never looked back. Love them to bits, but, just, no.

I'm hardly ever at home, so I don't see my parents much :lol. Either at work or out with people. Home is where I go to sleep, and that's it really.

Splatt

Earliest football memory is Partizan Belgrade beating Newcastle in the CL qualifications back in 2004(or 2003?) on penalties.

Dearest memory from that period is getting a draw against Real Madrid's Galacticos(Zidane, Beckham, Carlos, Ronaldo...) and putting a decent challenge against Mou's Porto who went on to win CL that year.

CCS

Banned

Currently 20 and a uni student, living at home during the holidays. Love my family but man it does your head in.

Linius

23 and living at home. But not for long. A few weeks back I got in at place 28 for a house out of 200 something people. I'm getting there lads. Expect the housewarming in the summer of 2015.

LTWheels

26 and living at home. So does my sister who is 24.

As I am from London, it just hasn't been worthwhile renting. The plan is to save up for a deposit on a house/flat instead of losing money on rent. Even then getting a mortgage by myself isn't going to be easy. The plan is for my sister and I to get a place between us.

Even then, I'm not sure if we will actually move out, and instead just rent it out, and save up for a deposit on another property.

Yen

I've struggled to get out of bed before 2 these xmas holidays. That doesn't bode well for my January exams.

Jarnet87

I started watching Football in 2002 with the World Cup. No one in my family likes it and American tv programming wasn't exactly the best for finding football back then. Outside of the World Cup there was barely any advertising for it like there is today. Got hooked with the World Cup, started watching some Premier League and Champions League when I could find it. Been following United since 02-03 or so.

my first footballing memories are a lot later then some of you but: Liverpools comeback in the UCL, Park crazy goal against Portugal and South Korea's run, Dida getting hit with a flare.

Arnie

Like, my parents glare at me for playing FM longer than an hour.

Why.

I'm not dealing drugs.

I'm making the Bundesliga competitive. My Gladbach side is this, just starting my third season (August 2015):

Kevin Trapp in goal.

Jantsche, Dominguez, Balenta, Contento

Emre Can, Xhaka

Andre Hahn, Tomas Martinez, Depay

Vietto

jts

...hate me...
I distinctly started watching football during the 93/94 season.

Being a Porto fan, remember going to the stadium to see a 5-0 against Braga and a 1-0 against Salgueiros.

We didn't win the league though. Benfica did. We lost 2-0 at their stadium, Fernando Couto (remember him?) sent out for elbowing Mozer.

Great Champions League campaign though.

We went to Bremen to win 5-0 against Werder. That was amazing. Eventually Milan won our group but we went through in 2nd. Through to the SEMI-FINALS.

Yeah, the Champions League was fucking weird back then... 2 groups, the first 2 of each group would play the semis. Each semi would be a 1 MATCH play-off played at home of the 1st against the 2nd of the other group.

It was Barça-Porto and Milan-Monaco

We lost 3-0 in Camp Nou, with Southampton's coach scoring a SCREAMER free-kick, also a Stoichkov masterclass. We got schooled.

Later that year I went to lisbon to see live the Portuguese Cup "super final" (it was a 2nd final in case the 1st one ended up in a tie after 120 minutes, which it did). Porto-Sporting.

We won 2-1 and that was the first title I celebrated. Our winning goal was a pelanty after a Sporting player did a goalkeeping save in front of an empty net, but he only got a yellow card, LOL.

Then it was World Cup '94 time. 'Murrica. Portugal didn't go through that year, thanks to a tie against Italy. But Porto had this Bulgarian lad called Kostadinov who was my hero, so I was supporting Bulgaria. They also had a bunch of other lads I knew, Balakov and Iordanov (Sporting), Stoichkov (Barça) and I ended up knowing the rest of them. What a great team.

Started off really badly with a 3-0 loss against Nigeria, but then went through to the semis only to get ROBBED against Italy. Merked Argentina, Germany, on the way there.

So many other memories from that WC though. Higuita, Valderrama's hair, Escobar's OG that got him killed, US kit, Alexis Lalas, Mexico's GK Jorge Campos with his wild kits, Sweden's Kenneth Anderson and Thomas Brolin's goals and celebrations (they were also boss that WC). The final was really, REALLY unremarkable though.

/memories of an old geezer

Linius

Why.

I'm not dealing drugs.

With the amount of silly arguments I've had with my dad about me being a failure and doing stuff wrong you'd almost think I robbed three banks and dealt drugs in my spare time. I like my parents, even my dad. But I really need to get out of here :p

Carbonox

Happy New Year's FootyGAF, I'll see you in 2015...tomorrow...Friday....maybe Saturday. I dunno, it depends if, how and when I get home. Last time I got a train home I ended up in Potters Bar which is nowhere near where I live so fingers crossed, ay.

Why.

I'm not dealing drugs.

I'm making the Bundesliga competitive.
My Gladbach side is this, just starting my third season (August 2015):

Kevin Trapp in goal.

Jantsche, Dominguez, Balenta, Contento

Emre Can, Xhaka

Andre Hahn, Tomas Martinez, Depay

Vietto

Senational :lol

Top Bottom